IHEU Report: Atheists targetted by hate campaigns

hipeter924

Not a zombie yet
May 5, 2009
Nowhere you can follow
“Atheists, humanists and liberals” now targeted as a distinct minority by “hate campaigns” — report

Non-religious people are being targeted by “hate campaigns” in countries around the world, as a distinct minority group, the latest edition of the Freedom of Thought Report has found.

The report claims that the “hate speech” against atheists does not come exclusively from reactionary or radical religious leaders, but increasingly from political leaders, including heads of state.
International Humanist and Ethical Union Atheists humanists and liberals now targeted as a distinct minority by hate campaigns report

It claims most of the western world 'severely discriminates' against atheists to the same level as Zimbabwe, Russia, and Egypt on its page four world map: FOT2014 Full 20141210.pdf - Google Drive

Way for an organization to lose all credibility and go off the deep end. :dunno:

Don't know how that's unreasonable. Americans express more distrust for atheists than any other group when polled- even Muslims

“Atheists, humanists and liberals” now targeted as a distinct minority by “hate campaigns” — report

Non-religious people are being targeted by “hate campaigns” in countries around the world, as a distinct minority group, the latest edition of the Freedom of Thought Report has found.

The report claims that the “hate speech” against atheists does not come exclusively from reactionary or radical religious leaders, but increasingly from political leaders, including heads of state.
International Humanist and Ethical Union Atheists humanists and liberals now targeted as a distinct minority by hate campaigns report

It claims most of the western world 'severely discriminates' against atheists to the same level as Zimbabwe, Russia, and Egypt on its page four world map: FOT2014 Full 20141210.pdf - Google Drive

Way for an organization to lose all credibility and go off the deep end. :dunno:

No kidding. I've never heard of a religious group suing an atheist group. It's always the other way around.

No kidding. I've never heard of a religious group suing an atheist group. It's always the other way around.
When I looked at how they colored most of the western world either red or orange, it really made no sense.

Yes there is discrimination, but the same as regimes that put religious minorities in prison, they can't be serious?

Had to look at the map three times to make sure I was looking at it right, and this report wasn't just some non-serious joke.

But it is really true, they really believe it. :popcorn:

Don't know how that's unreasonable. Americans express more distrust for atheists than any other group when polled- even Muslims
Yet this report claims that Germany, Italy, Australia, New Zealand,etc are more intolerant of Atheists than America - and even comparable to places like Russia, Zimbabwe, Egypt and the list goes on.

Now I could understand America being a little more or a little less tolerant, but this report is insane, and so out of touch with the real human rights situation on the ground.

It overstated it of course lumping countries where there is prejudice against atheists with nations where it is actually illegal. However, atheists are the most distrusted group in America, so I do see where they are coming from.

Well, I don't know how you'd sue someone for a lack of religion being promoted unless they put a monument to the Flying Spaghetti Monster in front of a courthouse. Groups like FFRF aren't suing Christians for being Christian, they are trying to preserve the separation of church and state .

Obviously this is nothing new:

"We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out."
-- Adolf Hitler, from speech in Berlin (October 24, 1933)

-

Forum List

Back