If

Right. I think with Pix, it was definitely a time issue.

With the mods? They better not change a thing in their posting style, IMO. They have the same rights as the rest of us. Holding them as some standard as a poster? Fuck that. This place would never gets mods to volunteer if that is what is expected.

You're objecting way too vehemently on this one. She can object to a mod cussing her in pms. There certainly is no rule saying they can't of course but it has an ick factor. It's even worse when they continue negging newbs who have only a few hundred to strike back with.

It makes me wonder why anyone would do this.

Again no rule against it but it sure is weird.

I am with you if the negs are unprovoked..... but if a newbie wants to dish... then they take what they get in return. Ill give you black label as an example. He wants to trash talk everyone... and then whine about negs.
He's a neg whiner?

Awesome...new toy. :)

I agree... enjoy what you like and don't pay attention to the rest.

She does have one point though... i miss the mods posting as they once did before they were mods. For example.. when pix was a mod she rarely posted. Now that she is not admin..she is posting again. I know its a time issue though.... they have to deal with all the back stuff and have no time for enjoying the forum and posting.

With the mods? They better not change a thing in their posting style, IMO. They have the same rights as the rest of us. Holding them as some standard as a poster? Fuck that. This place would never gets mods to volunteer if that is what is expected.

You're objecting way too vehemently on this one. She can object to a mod cussing her in pms. There certainly is no rule saying they can't of course but it has an ick factor. It's even worse when they continue negging newbs who have only a few hundred to strike back with.

What exactly am I "objecting" to?

I am with you if the negs are unprovoked..... but if a newbie wants to dish... then they take what they get in return. Ill give you black label as an example. He wants to trash talk everyone... and then whine about negs.
He's a neg whiner?

:eusa_whistle:

Trash talk or voicing his opinion? If someone is going around calling you this and that shitty name and generally spewing lies and racist attacks, yes. That is trash talk.

If they have Left wing opinions and are posting Lib links and talking about them, that is strictly their opinion. This is a political message board, we are all opinionated.

He's a neg whiner?

You'll get the most interesting replies from him. :lol:

Trash talk or voicing his opinion? If someone is going around calling you this and that shitty name and generally spewing lies and racist attacks, yes. That is trash talk.

If they have Left wing opinions and are posting Lib links and talking about them, that is strictly their opinion. This is a political message board, we are all opinionated.

Have you read him? OMG... the moment you say anything not of HIS opinion... the trash comes right out. He gets what he gets as far as i am concerned. If he had his rep on i am sure he has a nice line of red splats.

Have you read him? OMG... the moment you say anything not of HIS opinion... the trash comes right out. He gets what he gets as far as i am concerned. If he had his rep on i am sure he has a nice line of red splats.

Not much. I'm sure he does have a lot of red dots though.

Not much. I'm sure he does have a lot of red dots though.

Give him a try..i am sure you will see what i mean. He deserves what he gets..... and whines about it.

If mods are going to be complete assholes on a regular basis, and never say anything worth reading - then I respectfully suggest we be able to put them on ignore. We can see their PM's, but there is no reason for me to have to read nothing but personal attacks from a select few. They bring NOTHING to the table.

Thank you.

Why are Mods allowed to insult us via reps? I thought that Mods needed to show certain standards, show that they are decent posters, and better than the trollers, flamers, etc. But it seems they can get away with insulting people they don't like.

I really wasn't expecting that when I joined here. Its surprising.

n00bs ...

Oh shit. You're gonna give me grief about this like forever, I just know it. This is the one from Hamlet, mixed 'em up a little.

Yet here, Laertes? Aboard, aboard, for shame!
The wind sits in the shoulder of your sail,
And you are stay'd for. There- my blessing with thee!
And these few precepts in thy memory
Look thou character. Give thy thoughts no tongue,
Nor any unproportion'd thought his act.
Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar:
Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them unto thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade. Beware
Of entrance to a quarrel; but being in,
Bear't that th' opposed may beware of thee.
Give every man thine ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man,
And they in France of the best rank and station
Are most select and generous, chief in that.
Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all- to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell. My blessing season this in thee!

hey, you made me go look it up again so...its all good...;)

great lines there though...

Yes. I needed a lesson in humility. Got it.

Don't we all? I'm glad though it was you and not me. ;)

How does this meltdown rank on the PubliusInfinitum scale?

On the patented USMB PubliusInfinitum Meltdown Index™, this meltdown ranks a 6.0 out of 10.

Though clearly butthurt, there hasn't been much follow-through on her part. And though the catalyst for most melt-downs is some political disagreement, I see no massive hypocrisy nor something of interest that would make this meltdown anything other than run of the mill.

But if someone has a link, perhaps the Index can be adjusted.

How does this meltdown rank on the PubliusInfinitum scale?

On the patented USMB PubliusInfinitum Meltdown Index™, this meltdown ranks a 6.0 out of 10.

Though clearly butthurt, there hasn't been much follow-through on her part. And though the catalyst for most melt-downs is some political disagreement, I see no massive hypocrisy nor something of interest that would make this meltdown anything other than run of the mill.

But if someone has a link, perhaps the Index can be adjusted.

No clearly at least 6.5-7. Really. She doesn't usually do this, that in itself is worth 2 full points!

Why are Mods allowed to insult us via reps? I thought that Mods needed to show certain standards, show that they are decent posters, and better than the trollers, flamers, etc. But it seems they can get away with insulting people they don't like.

I really wasn't expecting that when I joined here. Its surprising.

Ditto.

But, I have the word of one of them that if you do call them what they are, you won't be banned for it.

Forum List

Back