If

Yea, be outraged about kids starving to death. Don't actually do anything but be outraged.

Some of us do something about it. We aren't just "outraged". You miss the whole point of the thread. It's ironic.

No, I get the point. I am neither shocked or outraged by either image. I am, however, seriously interested in how people think that bitching on the net is going to change the suffering in the world. It really won't. What will help.... support the fucking charities that spend 24/7 trying to save those starving kids. And, gays should start realizing that they actually don't have it too bad in the US of A.

Do we expect "bitching on the net" to change ANYTHING, Tricky One? Yet we do it. We try to call it 'discussion' and many times it is, when you scroll past the bitching. Discussion does change the world. It's just hard to see it changing OUR world sometimes, so we bitch.

And then THAT bitch session turns into a discussion to bitch about.

"Those cats ain't killing each other, they're making more cats."​

Are you a bitter person, or does Right-vs-Left politics and the need to harp and keep score simply permeate your soul completely?

It has nothing to do with "bitter." Stealing from others to give to those you think deserve it more, isn't charity, it isn't noble; it's theft.

Too often there are those patting each other on the backs for being such worthy and caring criminals.

Tell me, WHY are people starving in Darfur? Seriously, why? Is the land not fertile?

No, it's because the MUSLIMS are engaging in a systematic genocide. Yet you sure won't hear Sky or the other forum lefties address, much less condemn the "Religion of Peace" for this, wouldn't be politically correct. Instead, we'll demand taxes be raised to help... Help who? Well, we can give it to the ruling Imams to distribute... Leftist logic in action.

Bitter? Nah, disgusted is more like it.

Some of us do something about it. We aren't just "outraged". You miss the whole point of the thread. It's ironic.

No, I get the point. I am neither shocked or outraged by either image. I am, however, seriously interested in how people think that bitching on the net is going to change the suffering in the world. It really won't. What will help.... support the fucking charities that spend 24/7 trying to save those starving kids. And, gays should start realizing that they actually don't have it too bad in the US of A.

Do we expect "bitching on the net" to change ANYTHING, Tricky One? Yet we do it. We try to call it 'discussion' and many times it is, when you scroll past the bitching. Discussion does change the world. It's just hard to see it changing OUR world sometimes, so we bitch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAQ87V8E4ZA]CAT FIGHT - YouTube[/ame]

Actually what he brought up was a good point. I know I'd rather be destitute or of broken body in 21st century America than 'working class' pretty much anywhere in any time prior to 1933.

Note that had this average Joe lived his life in America earlier than the 20th century I would have been smart enough to get out of my working class rut by taking a chance on my self in the west with some land for the taking, ass-u-me-ing my health was as good as I got this time around.

Times may have been tough and security in old age a crap-shoot, but opportunities were present.

The Showtime series "Homeland" had a great line last week, "Saudi Arabia is the best country in the world to be rich in, the United States in the best country to be poor in."
(In regard to a Saudi prince buying nubile young girls for his harem.)

I don't know, I'd rather be a millionare in Las Vegas any day than be rich in Saudi Arabia.

I don't think anyone made the assumption that people of faith never give of themselves to the less fortunate, just that it seems that people of faith are most vocal about issues like gay marriage and abortion, when there is actual, real suffering going on in the world. I'm sure most religious people would say that child starvation is much worse than two men doing the dirty, but social issues like gay marriage and abortion always get more attention because it seems that some religious people enjoy imposing their idea of morality onto others.

I personally don't think foreign aid in the form of money or food is the best way to help starving children in other countries. The infrastructure of the society itself needs to be improved in order to better provide for the needs of the current population, and I think improved education is the best way to help people who are struggling in other countries. As much as it helps initially to donate a bunch of food and money to an impoverished people, that food and money leads to increased birth rates and allows people to live at an unsustainable level. When the aid runs out, the population is now much bigger than the carrying capacity at standard resource levels, and even more people are going to starve to death as a result. It's a very complicated problem with no simple solution.

Great post! Education is the second key.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAQ87V8E4ZA]CAT FIGHT - YouTube[/ame]

that aint no cat fight, they didn't thrown any leather .....wtf? :evil:

I think it's an excellent way for a preacher to get his point across. Shocking people and then shaming them misdirecting their shock drives it home like no scripture could.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, what better way to get a group of people on your side than blaming them of not caring for starving children when you have no idea what anyone in the crowd has done with their time or money regarding said starving children. Where do these holier than thou leftists get the idea that they're the only ones that care about anything? I see Christian churches across the US donating millions of dollars and sending missionaries out to help people all the time. Let's see the stats for what leftist organizations are doing for less fortunate people across the globe. :cuckoo:

Why do they have to be 'leftists'? Is there no room for a simple, partisan-free discussion?

Other than that line and the 'lets keep score' attitude at the end, that post rocks.

It was commentary on the individual who make the original post, who is most assuradly a leftist as well as being a vocal anti-christian. And thanks Joe, you rock as a poster over all. :cool:

People that won't let defense be cut a dime and want to throw old people and children under the bus are FU in their tax spending priorities. JMO.

You are of course aware that defending the nation is part of the constitution while feeding the poor of other nations isn't aren't you? Heck, feeding our own people isn't in the contitution for that matter.

So for DEFENSE, We need permanent troops in how many countries?

People that won't let defense be cut a dime and want to throw old people and children under the bus are FU in their tax spending priorities. JMO.

You are of course aware that defending the nation is part of the constitution while feeding the poor of other nations isn't aren't you? Heck, feeding our own people isn't in the contitution for that matter.

Depends, is the party I swore allegiance to in power or not?

Cuz if it's my team, put troops in every country around the world or else I'm not safe.

If it's the other team, whatever number they pick is wrong.

I could!! But it's just me, and I'm a cheap sumbee.

It kind of depends on from where you start. If you are secure in your shelter going forward, $1,000 a month would be very doable. You have to remember though that most folks on welfare are shoving half to three quarters of their take into the pocket of a land lord.

I don't have family property and I didn't marry property. I couldn't do it.

That may be true, but you still have to settle for a life with less than twelve hundred bucks a month to spend, including food stamps and a little supplementation selling dime bags of weed.

I couldn't do it.

Sure you could, you just wouldn't want to.

I wouldn't live on that. I'd walk a thousand miles to something better if I had no other way to get there, but that's just me - I'm an American Mutt.

Zero. I'm a libertarian. I don't believe in bringing democracy to the world, policing the world or nation building. The military's job is to defend our nation. We should only set foot on foreign soil if and when attacked from outside our borders.

Edited to add: And when we kick their ass to the curb, we come home.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back