If

People that won't let defense be cut a dime and want to throw old people and children under the bus are FU in their tax spending priorities. JMO.

You offer nothing but mindless slogans from DailyKOS and HuffingPo, you're fucking worthless.

Children starving in Darfur is sad.

How much taxpayer money do I want to go feed them?

Not a penny.

Oh, and I support cutting defense spending by 90% - of course morons like you will shriek "ISOLATIONIST" at such an idea.

People that won't let defense be cut a dime and want to throw old people and children under the bus are FU in their tax spending priorities. JMO.

You offer nothing but mindless slogans from DailyKOS and HuffingPo, you're fucking worthless.

Not a penny.

Oh, and I support cutting defense spending by 90% - of course morons like you will shriek "ISOLATIONIST" at such an idea.

You prove my point. You are against foreign aid to developing nations. I'm in favor of it.

I'm going to stop posting responses to you now.

You're getting nasty.

I know I won't get anywhere, but I'll never stop trying.

Are these two pictures even comparable? These children are starving to death, its horrible! Where as the other two are in their lusts; far from starving.

I see what point you are trying to make, but your assuming perhaps that people who try to share the scriptures on homosexuality to others don't give a rats ass about people who are starving.

Think about this. If someone cares about you enough to put up with hate that comes back from sharing scriptures about homosexuality, how much more do you think they care about people who are starving.

Just sayin - perhaps you are assuming those people never give.

I'll let you in on a secret...

Many christians don't need to BRAG or BOAST about what they give, or what charities they are into. It's not for VAIN glory. REALLY, it's not about the person giving, but the situations of the people in need and caring for them.

God's Word says we don't need to BOAST about what we give.

MATTHEW 6

Giving to the Needy

1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

Just sayin - perhaps before you possibly assume some people don't give, perhaps you can think about these verses above. You will never know as to what some christians may be doing or giving w/o them having to tell you.

I used to be scared to death of going to church because I thought I'd be judged all over the place.

The opposite was true. Love and grace is what I found.

But I can see why I was afraid because the outside world before I knew the Lord was what I was used to. It judges WAY the hell more than people in the church of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We all fail and faulter and are learning, but I'm sick of seeing some falsely accused.

I don't think anyone made the assumption that people of faith never give of themselves to the less fortunate, just that it seems that people of faith are most vocal about issues like gay marriage and abortion, when there is actual, real suffering going on in the world. I'm sure most religious people would say that child starvation is much worse than two men doing the dirty, but social issues like gay marriage and abortion always get more attention because it seems that some religious people enjoy imposing their idea of morality onto others.

I personally don't think foreign aid in the form of money or food is the best way to help starving children in other countries. The infrastructure of the society itself needs to be improved in order to better provide for the needs of the current population, and I think improved education is the best way to help people who are struggling in other countries. As much as it helps initially to donate a bunch of food and money to an impoverished people, that food and money leads to increased birth rates and allows people to live at an unsustainable level. When the aid runs out, the population is now much bigger than the carrying capacity at standard resource levels, and even more people are going to starve to death as a result. It's a very complicated problem with no simple solution.

You prove my point. You are against foreign aid to developing nations. I'm in favor of it.

Of course you are, you're willing to spend every dime your neighbor has pursuing the dream of nirvana that you have.

You're getting nasty.

At least I don't advocate robbing you to pay for what I want.

Not a penny.

You're getting nasty.

You have to be careful who you throw money at, alot of the aid money being thrown into Somalia is going right into the arms of Al Shabab.

Of course you are, you're willing to spend every dime your neighbor has pursuing the dream of nirvana that you have.

You're getting nasty.

Nazis always SAY they aren't robbing you, but we all know how THAT turned out!!! :doubt:

You are of course aware that defending the nation is part of the constitution while feeding the poor of other nations isn't aren't you? Heck, feeding our own people isn't in the contitution for that matter.

You're getting nasty.

Uncensored is right. How people have faith in the "charitable hand" of gov't still amazes me.

I'd rather go to a prison, give a random felon $100 and tell him to donate it to a charity than do the same thing with a politician.

Charity is one of the best principles of humanity, forced taking of money to shovel into gov't bureacracies? One of the worst.

Based on some of the preachers I've studied under, I believe her.

I think it's an excellent way for a preacher to get his point across. Shocking people and then shaming them misdirecting their shock drives it home like no scripture could.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, what better way to get a group of people on your side than blaming them of not caring for starving children when you have no idea what anyone in the crowd has done with their time or money regarding said starving children. Where do these holier than thou leftists get the idea that they're the only ones that care about anything? I see Christian churches across the US donating millions of dollars and sending missionaries out to help people all the time. Let's see the stats for what leftist organizations are doing for less fortunate people across the globe. :cuckoo:

Why do they have to be 'leftists'? Is there no room for a simple, partisan-free discussion?

Other than that line and the 'lets keep score' attitude at the end, that post rocks.

The poor live like kings? Hardly. Our poor relative to the poor in Darfur live like kings. Some of you would like OUR poor to be like the poor in Darfur.

How unamerican and imperialist of you.

Actually what he brought up was a good point. I know I'd rather be destitute or of broken body in 21st century America than 'working class' pretty much anywhere in any time prior to 1933.

Note that had this average Joe lived his life in America earlier than the 20th century I would have been smart enough to get out of my working class rut by taking a chance on my self in the west with some land for the taking, ass-u-me-ing my health was as good as I got this time around.

Times may have been tough and security in old age a crap-shoot, but opportunities were present.

The poor live like kings? Hardly. Our poor relative to the poor in Darfur live like kings. Some of you would like OUR poor to be like the poor in Darfur.

I didn't say "the poor live like kings", now did I? I said the poor in AMERICA live like kings in comparison to the children in the picture. Nice try at spinning my words, but no cigar. You see, America is rich in opportunity and anyone can elevate themselves out of "poverty" if they really want to. The kids in the picture, not so much. They live in a world devoid of the opportunities we enjoy.

And there lies the second key: Education and opportunity.

Actually what he brought up was a good point. I know I'd rather be destitute or of broken body in 21st century America than 'working class' pretty much anywhere in any time prior to 1933.

Note that had this average Joe lived his life in America earlier than the 20th century I would have been smart enough to get out of my working class rut by taking a chance on my self in the west with some land for the taking, ass-u-me-ing my health was as good as I got this time around.

Times may have been tough and security in old age a crap-shoot, but opportunities were present.

The Showtime series "Homeland" had a great line last week, "Saudi Arabia is the best country in the world to be rich in, the United States in the best country to be poor in."
(In regard to a Saudi prince buying nubile young girls for his harem.)

How stupid of you to say that.... who here wants the poor to live like that?

Lets face it.... many of our poor choose to live the way they do. "Some" of them prove it by their OWN actions. Not all, but SOME of them.

We make it very easy to be poor here.... if ya know how to work the system that is.

That may be true, but you still have to settle for a life with less than twelve hundred bucks a month to spend, including food stamps and a little supplementation selling dime bags of weed.

I couldn't do it.

It's really hard to see kids in that kind of shape.

Then why don't you sell everything you own and send it to the Red Cross to help them?

Easier to steal from your neighbor and donate what you stole, huh?

Are you a bitter person, or does Right-vs-Left politics and the need to harp and keep score simply permeate your soul completely?

How stupid of you to say that.... who here wants the poor to live like that?

Lets face it.... many of our poor choose to live the way they do. "Some" of them prove it by their OWN actions. Not all, but SOME of them.

We make it very easy to be poor here.... if ya know how to work the system that is.

That may be true, but you still have to settle for a life with less than twelve hundred bucks a month to spend, including food stamps and a little supplementation selling dime bags of weed.

I couldn't do it.

Me either.... thats why I did good in school and went to tech college and got an Assoc. in Applied Science, which I payed for all by myself.
I also didnt fuck 8 girls and have little kids runniing around from 6 of them.
I also didnt drink before 21 and didnt get married before being able to support my wife. Who also went to school and got a bachelor degree in nursing..... good decisions have paid off so far.

Forum List

Back