If

Riiiiight. Because he was literally talking about starving children vs swearing, as opposed to paradigm shifts, and what is actually important, from a spiritual perspective, on this planet. Is it gay men, or "I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me."

What is all anybody ever talks about on this board. What did CHRIST HIMSELF say actually mattered.

Straining at gnats and swallowing camels, the lot of you.

The poor live like kings? Hardly. Our poor relative to the poor in Darfur live like kings. Some of you would like OUR poor to be like the poor in Darfur.

How unamerican and imperialist of you.

The poor live like kings? Hardly. Our poor relative to the poor in Darfur live like kings. Some of you would like OUR poor to be like the poor in Darfur.

I didn't say "the poor live like kings", now did I? I said the poor in AMERICA live like kings in comparison to the children in the picture. Nice try at spinning my words, but no cigar. You see, America is rich in opportunity and anyone can elevate themselves out of "poverty" if they really want to. The kids in the picture, not so much. They live in a world devoid of the opportunities we enjoy.

How stupid of you to say that.... who here wants the poor to live like that?

Lets face it.... many of our poor choose to live the way they do. "Some" of them prove it by their OWN actions. Not all, but SOME of them.

We make it very easy to be poor here.... if ya know how to work the system that is.

Yeah right..... a preacher didnt say that at a pulpit and you know it.

Its a good point, but yeah right.... :eusa_liar:

Nice attempt to make a preacher look un-principled

Based on some of the preachers I've studied under, I believe her.

I think it's an excellent way for a preacher to get his point across. Shocking people and then shaming them misdirecting their shock drives it home like no scripture could.

Yes.... excellent way to make a point, but only if his audience was adults.
I would be pissed if he said in a sunday service with my children sitting next to me.

Thats what I should have said..... yes great point, but in the right setting.

It's really hard to see kids in that kind of shape.

Then why don't you sell everything you own and send it to the Red Cross to help them?

Easier to steal from your neighbor and donate what you stole, huh?

What are you talking about? Taxes are "stealing from your neighbor"? My taxes are funding wars I don't support. YOU are stealing from me when you support them.

(according to your own goofy "logic")

What are you talking about? Taxes are "stealing from your neighbor"?

If you want to help, then donate to charity. But what you want to do is take from your neighbor and give.

My taxes are funding wars I don't support. YOU are stealing from me when you support them.

There is a constitutional basis for defense, none for providing charity.

BTW, what war do I support again?

(according to your own goofy "logic")

Did Jesus rob houses and give the proceeds to the poor?

Some of us do something about it. We aren't just "outraged". You miss the whole point of the thread. It's ironic.

What do you do? Support higher taxes? You're willing to send every penny your neighbor has, aren't you?

I'm willing to pay my fair share of taxes. I don't want my taxes to pay for state sponsored execution, or war.

I'm sure you don't think the defense budget should be cut, only aid to families with dependent children, senior services, food stamps and unemployment insurance.

I'm willing to pay my fair share of taxes.

You're not willing to send a dime of your own money to charity, are you?

I don't want my taxes to pay for state sponsored execution, or war.

I'm sure you don't think the defense budget should be cut, only aid to families with dependent children, senior services, food stamps and unemployment insurance.

So you'll send every penny of your neighbor to help children in Darfur, won't you?

So you'll send every penny of your neighbor to help children in Darfur, won't you?

I spend a TON of my money on charity. I also volunteer 20 hours a week. I don't resent my taxes going to help underpriveleged people rather than the war effort.

That's how you and I differ.

YOU want MY tax dollars to go to KILLING.

Yea, be outraged about kids starving to death. Don't actually do anything but be outraged.

Some of us do something about it. We aren't just "outraged". You miss the whole point of the thread. It's ironic.

No, I get the point. I am neither shocked or outraged by either image. I am, however, seriously interested in how people think that bitching on the net is going to change the suffering in the world. It really won't. What will help.... support the fucking charities that spend 24/7 trying to save those starving kids. And, gays should start realizing that they actually don't have it too bad in the US of A.

I spend a TON of my money on charity.

You mean through taxes?

I also volunteer 20 hours a week. I don't resent my taxes going to help underpriveleged people rather than the war effort.

I resent tax money going out of the USA. It violates the social contract.

that's how you and I differ.

We differ in that when I see something that needs support, I don't rob you to pay for it.

What tax dollars? Don't you get back more, with EIC and such, than you put in?

I spend a TON of my money on charity. I also volunteer 20 hours a week. I don't resent my taxes going to help underpriveleged people rather than the war effort.

That's how you and I differ.

More hysterical bullshit from you? Wow. Now that does shock me.... oh wait.... no, it's your SOP.

Your 'tax dollars' are spend keeping your fucking stupid ass safe - and ensuring that you are free to bitch about our military. You're welcome.

People that won't let defense be cut a dime and want to throw old people and children under the bus are FU in their tax spending priorities. JMO.

Forum List

Back