If You're In the New York Area

Hmm, they weren't ready. This after almost a week's worth of warnings that the largest storm in memory was heading their way? This is typical liberal thinking at it's best. EVERY weather expert in the nation tells you this will be a storm like no other this generation has ever seen. EVERY expert tells you that you can expect storm surges maybe as high as 20'. EVERY expert tells you to prepare for maybe up to a week without power. EVERY expert tells you to evacuate if you live in flood prone areas or near the ocean. Common sense tells you to either evacuate or at least stock pile the neccessities that you need to survive yet you ignore all these experts because you think the govt is all knowing and will and should take care of you. This community is in Sheepshead Bay, on a pennisula. It is almost completely surrounded by water. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to KNOW this area would be in danger.

They said the same thing last year and the storm pettered out....shrug..
So all people who live there are Dems?

Nope, that's the worst part, it's a pretty conservative Republican area. Dumbass doesn't belong exclusively to the democrats. It just seems that way because there are so damn many dumbasses that are democrats.

Hmm, they weren't ready. This after almost a week's worth of warnings that the largest storm in memory was heading their way? This is typical liberal thinking at it's best. EVERY weather expert in the nation tells you this will be a storm like no other this generation has ever seen. EVERY expert tells you that you can expect storm surges maybe as high as 20'. EVERY expert tells you to prepare for maybe up to a week without power. EVERY expert tells you to evacuate if you live in flood prone areas or near the ocean. Common sense tells you to either evacuate or at least stock pile the neccessities that you need to survive yet you ignore all these experts because you think the govt is all knowing and will and should take care of you. This community is in Sheepshead Bay, on a pennisula. It is almost completely surrounded by water. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to KNOW this area would be in danger.

Nope, that's the worst part, it's a pretty conservative Republican area. Dumbass doesn't belong exclusively to the democrats. It just seems that way because there are so damn many dumbasses that are democrats.

Oh, so when you said "Hmm, they weren't ready. This after almost a week's worth of warnings that the largest storm in memory was heading their way? This is typical liberal thinking at it's best." you mispoke??

Talking of dumbasses...

Oh, so when you said "Hmm, they weren't ready. This after almost a week's worth of warnings that the largest storm in memory was heading their way? This is typical liberal thinking at it's best." you mispoke??

Talking of dumbasses...

Nope, I didn't mispeak, I meant what I said, it's typical liberal thinking. The govt knows what's best, the govt will take care of me, the govt is responsible for my well being, all of this is quite common liberal thinking. Since the late 1800's this area of Brooklyn has elected Republicans to represent them only three times and only once since 1923 has this area sent a republican to represent them. Liberal think permeates in the hearts and souls of those too stupid to think for themselves and too incompetent to take responsibility for their own lives.

Talking of dumbasses...

Nope, I didn't mispeak, I meant what I said, it's typical liberal thinking. The govt knows what's best, the govt will take care of me, the govt is responsible for my well being, all of this is quite common liberal thinking. Since the late 1800's this area of Brooklyn has elected Republicans to represent them only three times and only once since 1923 has this area sent a republican to represent them. Liberal think permeates in the hearts and souls of those too stupid to think for themselves and too incompetent to take responsibility for their own lives.

And yet the area that you speak of is heavily republican. Are you saying that these parties are a lot closer in ideology than most think?

i think its hard for anyone who has never been thru this to understand it...simple as that....you can tell people what to expect but nothing prepares you for the reality of the storm

Talking of dumbasses...

And yet the area that you speak of is heavily republican. Are you saying that these parties are a lot closer in ideology than most think?

Nope, not at all. I'm saying Americans today are idiots that have been conditioned to think the government is there to take care of their basic needs and to do their thinking for them. Idiocy and a lack of self reliance in our citizens crosses all party lines.

i think its hard for anyone who has never been thru this to understand it...simple as that....you can tell people what to expect but nothing prepares you for the reality of the storm

Here's another reality. You are surrounded on three sides by ocean water. The experts are telling you that due to the two storms converging and the fact that it's a full moon, the storm surge at high tide may very well be as high as 20' above normal. You disregard your God given common sense, you disregard what the experts tell you, and you listen to a politician that tells you stay in your home which again is surrounded by water. The reality is many people are dumbasses that have forgotten how to thnk for themselves and take care of themselves.

I think what many of us are failing to consider is that not everyone actually has the resources to abandon their homes and head for higher ground.

So unless people are told under NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that their homes will be awash, many people are going to stick to their homes.

In the case of the good folks in part of NYC, many people trusted the authorities and WERE TOLD their neighborhood were safe.

Last edited:

Here's another reality. You are surrounded on three sides by ocean water. The experts are telling you that due to the two storms converging and the fact that it's a full moon, the storm surge at high tide may very well be as high as 20' above normal. You disregard your God given common sense, you disregard what the experts tell you, and you listen to a politician that tells you stay in your home which again is surrounded by water. The reality is many people are dumbasses that have forgotten how to thnk for themselves and take care of themselves.

does your neck hurt from looking down on everyone from your high horse?

does your neck hurt from looking down on everyone from your high horse?

Nope, and I don't look down on everyone, just dumbass fools that think the govt should do for them and think for them. This enitire episode is quite indicitive of the entltitlement mindedness of the average American citizen who thinks it's the govt's job to do for them and to think for them. I believe in a citizenry that can not only think for itself, but can and does take personal responsibililty for their own futures and well being.

This compassionate conservative has already donated. And I'll donate again if necessary. What this compassionate conservative doesn't do is make it a partisan issue. I leave that to you - you are so much better at it than I am.

Yet you were the first one in this thread to take a partisan shot, liar.

I don't 'blame' the victims. I blame their elected officials.

I've already donated to help those who need it.... I tend to put my money where my mouth is... being a conservative. I don't need some half assed lefty deciding what I should support.

^You're second post in this thread.

Forum List

Back