If You're Hoping For Christmas Snow Like I Am...

One more, this is a stock photo, but a good one:

bonn_zentrum_rheinaue_mit_post_tower_park_winter_schnee_platz_9b2f270196_978x1304xin.jpeg

The "Rheinaue", Bonn, Germany.

The silver tower you see on the Right, half-round, is the national headquarters for the German postal service (Die Deutsche Post). Each night, the tower lights up with different colors. This is very close to the South Bridge in Bonn, called the Adenauer-Brücke. I have gone sledding with my little daughter here only about 3 times, because only three times in the last 5 years have we gotten enough snow to justify sledding. LOL.

In the summer, this is a great place for cookouts and outdoor music festivals. There is also a military strength parcourse that runs through the Rheinaue, so you can get a great workout in there as well.

This is also the lover's leap of Bonn late at night. :D

Are you always this contrary, Roadrunner?
Just for you, a snowy scene to warm the heart.

th

Yankees freezing, joy to the Southern heart.

; - )

I always felt great pity for my relatives in the deep South who just didn't know the sheer joy of a nice heartwarming blizzard.

We went two winters in a row here in WNC without winter showing up. Then last year we got the vortices. Hoping this one is more normal. Nothing but occasional dusting has fallen so far but wx is promising a few inches next weekend. :eusa_dance:

This is from a few years ago.... used it for my avatar when animations were allowed...

House in snow small return.gif

:banana:

From last winter: the road out to the highway; the neighbor border collie and the beautiful view from my door after being gifted overnight with the fabulous fluttering flakes...

view from the door.jpg
P1010056.JPG
ice closeup.jpg

Forum List

Back