If your life is bad, who is most at fault: YOU, a corporation, the government?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Oct 15, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    I'm in the "99%" I suppose. Earn about 60K a year. Very modest. Own a home and a car. Have no debt except 30K more on my home. I graduated high school and college. Avoided having kids out of wedlock. Never committed any felonies. Worked a lot of crappy, low pay jobs after college and kept working and applying, and eventually got better jobs. I workout and stay fit. I'm not in the richest 1%. Yet....I'm happy. I'm fed. I'm healthy. I have no gripes. No ill will towards any rich person or corporation.

So I must ask....if you are in the 99% AND you are pissed about it, who is more at fault for your circumstance?

- Yourself?
    - A corporation?
    - The government?
    - A rich guy?

I think some of you folks need to join "Occupy Myself" and realize your unhappiness is almost 99% your own fault. Stop blaming others. Work low level stuff until you earn your way up like the rest of us did.

Because I bet if you graduate, don't make kids out of wedlock, stay out of debt and out of jail, stay employed no matter how much you think you are "too good" for a job, and keep yourself fit........I bet if you do all that you'll be happily among the 99%. Like me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Cuyo

Cuyo Training a Guineapig army

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    You have exactly as much as the owners of this country want you to have. They let you have just enough to keep you content and sedentary, to where it's still cheaper than hiring the guns to control you.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. LoneLaugher

LoneLaugher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,448
    Excellent! It appears that you are doing OK. Maybe voting for the status quo would be the smart thing for you to do. If it ain't broke, don't fix it....right?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Nunz

Nunz Obama - That's the ticket

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAOrT0OcHh0]Afterburner with Bill Whittle: Three and a Half Days - YouTube[/ame]

5. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Um........wrong.

I turned down a job with my fathers business 10 years ago where I would've made better money, but would have a horrible work schedule/travel/etc. I chose to make 60K or less.

And I chose to go to college and stay out of trouble and out of debt.

I have as much as I've earned. As much as I've been able to set myself up to have. There is NOTHING in this society that prevented me from being a billionaire except MYSELF. I didn't pursue that. Would I have made it? Probably not. But I chose not to try that. No one stopped me from opening a business, or inventing something. I could've been a millionaire athlete or singer, but I didn't have talent.

No one is stopping any of us except ourselves. That goes for ALL of the 99%. You are where you are 99% because of your own doing, not the gov'ts, not a corporation, and sure as hell not some random rich dude.

6. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    The status quo didn't get me where I am. I did.

And the status quo didn't hold down anyone from doing more. They themselves did.

7. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,067
    Kill the greedy kulaks, eh comrade?

8. ladyliberal

ladyliberal Progressive Princess

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Protesting in order to change policy in order to improve your own life is a horribly inefficient way to improve one's life. But protesters aren't trying to change things just for themselves, they're trying to change things for everyone (though I'm not exactly sure what change they're trying to make).

Protesters could do more to help themselves if they worked for minimum wage instead of protesting. But they could do the same working for minimum wage instead of standing in line at a voting booth. They aren't protesting to line their own pockets, they're trying to change society.

9. LoneLaugher

LoneLaugher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,448
    Um......you failed to undesratnd what I meant. I was suggesting that, if you are doing well in this economy and have no issues with the way things are, then you ought to vote for Obama to be re-elected.

BTW...I have and make quite a bit more money than you do....but I am not just thinking about myself. That is where we begin to take different path.

10. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Wow. I strongly disagree. They are demanding ridiculous things.

The society they live in allows them to become billionaires if they should take that path and succeed. It also allows them to live happy, middle class lives.

However, it requires responsible choices, like school, not committing crime, sexual responsibility, debt control, and the humble willingness to work low level jobs and work one's way up.

They seem unwilling to do one or more of the above.