If You Won't Wear a Gay Pride Patch, You're "Bigoted," Says ESPN Commentator

Not sure how these Rays players handled this, but if it were me and I felt strongly about the issue, I would have simply removed the ribbon/emblem, whatever it was, and not said a word about it to anyone. This would have forced the media to be the ones to bring it out, and would have made them look like the fascists if they made a big deal about it.
Yea, I'm sure that's how that world of gone. 😆

Wah wah wah

I’ll wear a patch
She is one of the reasons ESPN is taking a shellacking in numbers of subscribers. But owned by a corporation with deep pockets they keep their woke agendas going at full speed. This will end at some point.

If there is a God in heaven, PLEASE don't allow Fran to post a picture of her own patch.
By request, enjoy.

pelosi bikini.jpg

Two weeks ago, when some Tampa Bay Rays players declined to wear LGBT Pride Month rainbow patches on their uniforms, ESPN's Sarah Spain said they were "bigoted" and called their religious exemption "BS." Really? So now you're a bigot just for declining to wear a gay pride symbol on your work clothes? Really? Has this girl ever heard of the First Amendment? How about phrases like "freedom of expression" and "freedom of speech"? Or, how about "my body, my choice"?

Imagine if there were a Straight/Normal Pride Month and some players declined to wear a heterosexual symbol on their uniforms, and imagine what liberals would say if a conservative commentator accused those players of being "bigoted"? Of course, no conservative commentator would make such an intolerant statement.
wow democrats get an entire month devoted to them and then call people bigots for not wearing their patches ! tyranny !
1655573678115.png

Last edited:
If it were the NFL or NBA, those players would have been suspended at the very least.

That's because your ideology is authoritarian and intolerant. About half the country believes that homosexuality is nothing to celebrate. They point to the widespread abuse of young boys by homosexuals in the Catholic Church and the Boy Scouts (you've heard about this, right?). They point to the fact that gay men have a much higher rate of STDs than straight men. They point to the fact that the Bible says that same-sex romance is unnatural and sinful.

But you reject God, reject traditional values, and want to punish anyone who disagrees with you on this issue.

Two weeks ago, when some Tampa Bay Rays players declined to wear LGBT Pride Month rainbow patches on their uniforms, ESPN's Sarah Spain said they were "bigoted" and called their religious exemption "BS." Really? So now you're a bigot just for declining to wear a gay pride symbol on your work clothes? Really? Has this girl ever heard of the First Amendment? How about phrases like "freedom of expression" and "freedom of speech"? Or, how about "my body, my choice"?

Imagine if there were a Straight/Normal Pride Month and some players declined to wear a heterosexual symbol on their uniforms, and imagine what liberals would say if a conservative commentator accused those players of being "bigoted"? Of course, no conservative commentator would make such an intolerant statement.
Why I quit espn several yrs ago

If the players refused the patch because they’re Muslim, there would be no issue.
Democrats are hypocrites.
Spain and others forget that those patches are NOT part of the official uniform players would be required to. wear. This falls under a promotion. Players are under NO obligation to participate in a promotion that pushes something they do not believe in.

That's the kind of thinking that slowly makes me hate gays and trannies as a whole.

If they just shut up and kept their sex lives to themselves I wouldn't care. But the moment they start demanding special attention, special consideration and special treatment is the moment they stop trying to be equal and I start turning my back on them.

Not sure how these Rays players handled this, but if it were me and I felt strongly about the issue, I would have simply removed the ribbon/emblem, whatever it was, and not said a word about it to anyone. This would have forced the media to be the ones to bring it out, and would have made them look like the fascists if they made a big deal about it.

The players who objected to wearing the patch didn't wear it. Some people, including the ESPN commentator, noticed that some of the players weren't wearing the patch and asked the Rays about it. The Rays said the players objected on religious grounds and therefore were told they did not have to wear the patch.

Liberals screamed when Colin Kaepernick was released by the 49ers and was unable to find another team to sign him. Liberals thought it was terrible to punish Kaepernick for engaging in political expression while on the job and in uniform, but now liberals are saying that the non-patch-wearing Rays players should be fined and/or suspended! Kaepernick dishonored our flag and our national anthem. The Rays players merely declined to wear a patch that singled out a sexual orientation for celebration. Huge difference.

The players who objected to wearing the patch didn't wear it. Some people, including the ESPN commentator, noticed that some of the players weren't wearing the patch and asked the Rays about it. The Rays said the players objected on religious grounds and therefore were told they did not have to wear the patch.

Liberals screamed when Colin Kaepernick was released by the 49ers and was unable to find another team to sign him. Liberals thought it was terrible to punish Kaepernick for engaging in political expression while on the job and in uniform, but now liberals are saying that the non-patch-wearing Rays players should be fined and/or suspended! Kaepernick dishonored our flag and our national anthem. The Rays players merely declined to wear a patch that singled out a sexual orientation for celebration. Huge difference.
Of course deplorables like you never quite understand the importance of context. Kap was kneeling against police violence and these bigots refused to stand in solidarity with our gay brothers and sisters. What you stand for or kneel for is what determines what sort of support or ridicule you get.

Of course deplorables like you never quite understand the importance of context. Kap was kneeling against police violence and these bigots refused to stand in solidarity with our gay brothers and sisters. What you stand for or kneel for is what determines what sort of support or ridicule you get.

Forum List

Back