Sen. Tom Cotton Grills Kroger CEO Over Unlawful Firings Of Religious Employees Who Refused To Wear Gay Pride Symbol

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
This questioning was conducted in the context of the proposed Kroger-Albertsons merger. Dems are trying to block the merger. [Link]

As part of Gay Pride Month, Kroger mandated that all employees wear an apron which included a Gay Pride symbol - a rainbow heart.

Two employees objected on the basis of their religious views. Kroger would not provide reasonable accommodation, as required by law. Kroger would not allow the employees to simply cover the offensive symbol with their name tags.

The employees filed a claim at the EEOC. The EEOC sided with the employees and sued Kroger on their behalf. The employees were awarded $180,000 as compensation for the religious discrimination they suffered, in violation of the US Constitution.

Kroger's CEO says they would accommodate certain people, such as vegans who would not want to work in the meat department. However, he astonishingly says that Kroger would not get involved if someone had religious objections!

The apron is still required attire.

When asked if Kroger would start to respect employee's religious viewpoints in the future, Kroger's CEO was non-committal.

Tom Cotton ends by telling the Kroger CEO, that even though he is reaching out for help from Conservatives as part of his proposed merger plans, because his company discriminates against Conservatives, he is on his own.

c2clyuzzn2z21.jpg

Last edited:
As part of Gay Pride Month, Kroger mandated that all employees wear an apron which included a Gay Pride symbol - a rainbow heart.

Too bad there are no Krogers in my area. Kroger can go blow me. If I worked there, I'd wear a MAGA pin or hat over their gay pride bullcrap. I'd dare the a-holes to tell me one was disallowed political symbolism while other was REQUIRED political symbolism! Institutionalized state-mandated deviant faggotry! These employees can easily sue their asses off (sorry) by simply showing the court they signed no agreement in the hiring package saying that supporting deviant perverse behavior was a CONDITION of employment.

They don't even need to object on religious grounds. I have members of my family who are gay, but I would object to wearing that simply because I wouldn't feel it appropriate for my employer to force me to promote their political agenda whether I agree with it or not.

They don't even need to object on religious grounds. I have members of my family who are gay, but I would object to wearing that simply because I wouldn't feel it appropriate for my employer to force me to promote their political agenda whether I agree with it or not.
Exactly! It isn't hate against that community to refuse the symbol out of a religious objection. Kroger should pay LARGE for it.

The key, though, is that religious beliefs are protected*. This does include deeply-held, sincere ethical beliefs as well, but the beliefs cannot be purely political in nature to be protected.

This was a clear case of political beliefs being trumped by religious ones.

I am surprised that the CEO answered in such a misinformed manner. He should have said that Kroger aims to be an inclusive environment for all of its associates and respects their personal beliefs, including their religious ones. Major fail on his part.

*race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age (age 40 or older), or genetic information are all protected by Title VII etc. [Link]

Last edited:
This questioning was conducted in the context of the proposed Kroger-Albertsons merger. Dems are trying to block the merger. [Link]

Two employees objected on the basis of their religious views. Kroger would not provide reasonable accommodation, as required by law. Kroger would not allow the employees to simply cover the offensive symbol with their name tags.

The employees filed a claim at the EEOC. The EEOC sided with the employees and sued Kroger on their behalf. The employees were awarded $180,000 as compensation for the religious discrimination they suffered, in violation of the US Constitution.

Kroger's CEO says they would accommodate certain people, such as vegans who would not want to work in the meat department. However, he astonishingly says that Kroger would not get involved if someone had religious objections!

The apron is still required attire.

When asked if Kroger would start to respect employee's religious viewpoints in the future, Kroger's CEO was non-committal.

Tom Cotton ends by telling the Kroger CEO, that even though he is reaching out for help from Conservatives as part of his proposed merger plans, because his company discriminates against Conservatives, he is on his own.

c2clyuzzn2z21.jpg

I quit shopping at Kroger when they pulled this shit.

I haven't spent a penny there since. Now despite me having 2 Krogers within 10 minutes of my house I drive 20 minutes to Meijer instead.

Unless Kroger stops all of their woke agenda bullshit and apologizes I won't shop there again. There are way too many other places to buy groceries than Kroger.

All of this Woke shit has its origins in Larry Finks Blackrock Hedge fund. He created ESG investing and the way it works is, Blackrock will buy a companies bonds IF they are WOKE ( have a high ESG score). The US TREASURY THEN REIMBURSES BLACKROCK FOR BLACKMAILING CORPORATIONS by buying Blackrock bonds.

Forum List

Back