if you were in that concert hall..would you want a gun...a poll

If you were in that concert hall in France...would you want a gun for self defense?

• Yes

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
Of course they would choose gun free zones. That is just plain old common sense. They are going to choose a place with the least amount of resistance if possible. Why do you think so many shootings happen at schools?

Mass shooters overwhelmingly choose their locations because they have a connection to it. Often times it's a school they have attended or know someone who has, their home or someone else they know, a movie theater for example because of the movie that is playing, a public figure in a grocery store parking lot (not so gun free though, eh?).

I suppose you think gun free zones save lives too? You think criminals say, Oops, a gun free zone. Better not commit my crimes there with my guns!

I'm not sure they make a difference one way or the other without additional security.

They are like an open invitation to any mad men in the vicinity.

Right and according to you, a racist little bitch of a kid shooting up a black church is proof of that.

Missed again.

Are you kidding? If you were the gunman, where would you choose to carry out your crime? A place where there are no guns of course! Duh.

In the various places of the attacks in France...if you were there...and had the option...would you want to have had a concealed pistol...or would you have preferred to be unarmed....?

Fuck no. For the same reason that if I were in a building that caught fire I wouldn't want to be carrying a can of gasoline.

duh.gif

Summa y'all just continue to live in the comic books. Captain Oblivious, in spandex.

One of the stupidest posts I have ever seen. A gun, in the hands of a good guy kills the bad guy and the bad guy stops shooting. A can of gasoline into a fire grows the fire. However, a BACKFIRE.....stops the fire. See how that works? Silly boy....

"good guys" and "bad guys".
--- and he wants to pretend he's NOT living in a comic book. :lol:

Classic.

And all you have are juvenile insults and you run away from the actual facts. Thanks for playing pogo but this discussion is for adults.

The hole is yours. I pointed it out before you stepped in it --- and you stepped in anyway.
Thanks for playin' Junior.

As for those "juvenile insults"....

If you weren't such a tard who bases your life and your decisions on movies and TV shows ..... Moron.

i always laugh that you morons bleat that ....because brainless halfwits like you....

You asshats are too stupid for words....you truly are.

The fact that you're a coward and incapable of thinking clearly.....

morons like you

Last edited:
Mass shooters overwhelmingly choose their locations because they have a connection to it. Often times it's a school they have attended or know someone who has, their home or someone else they know, a movie theater for example because of the movie that is playing, a public figure in a grocery store parking lot (not so gun free though, eh?).

I suppose you think gun free zones save lives too? You think criminals say, Oops, a gun free zone. Better not commit my crimes there with my guns!

I'm not sure they make a difference one way or the other without additional security.

Right and according to you, a racist little bitch of a kid shooting up a black church is proof of that.

Missed again.

Are you kidding? If you were the gunman, where would you choose to carry out your crime? A place where there are no guns of course! Duh.

Where is your evidence? Mass shooters usually have a personal reason for the location. Whether it's a convenient store, school, parking lot or their own home.

Missed again.

You're repeating that same meme again, apparently just because you're told to. Aren't you easy.

The NRA's Myth of "Gun-Free Zones"

Please. Don't just swallow everything you're told to.

Missed again.

Where is your evidence? Mass shooters usually have a personal reason for the location. Whether it's a convenient store, school, parking lot or their own home.

Or their former place of employment, with which they are no longer gruntled.

Yes, the common thread is when a bad operator wishes to do a great amount of harm he will pick a "gun free" zone. Perfectly logical. Unlike your position.

Where is your evidence? Show me something that demonstrates most shooters choose gun free zones. Not just that a lot of shootings happen in very public venues that are also gun free.

Show us three mass shootings that have occurred in non gun free zones. I can show you loads that were in those areas but I can only think of one that wasn't.

Jared Laughner, Don Spirit and Pedro Alberto Vargas

Family killers don't count as mass shootings (those are mass killings, yes, but a mass shooting is where the shooter doesn't know the victims) Nice try but try and stick with the definition.

No, they count. Mass shootings usually have a motive, to discount it because they are aiming at family members doesn't change that.

The reason why family killers aren't counted is because they happen in the HOMES of the victims and the crimes are usually an extension of long running spousal abuse. In other words they are not spontaneous. So no, they don't count. They are a completely different classification of crime.

Missed again.

Of course, where the term "going postal" was coined.

Of course they would choose gun free zones. That is just plain old common sense. They are going to choose a place with the least amount of resistance if possible. Why do you think so many shootings happen at schools?

Really? What connection did the asshole who shot up the black church have to it? How about the theatre shooter? Both of them? You have no clue what you're speaking about.

it was an historic black church and the guy was a racist. The Aurora shooter was crazy, out of his mind, I don't think there is any evidence he chose the theater because of any gun free ordnance. He makes no mention of it, ever.

Nice swing and a miss though.

And what was his connection to it? The swing and a miss is yours dude. There was NO prior connection.

Obviously the only answer you are going to accept is that the mass shooters, specifically the two you have chosen only connection to the location is their status as a gun free zone. There is no evidence what so ever that either one of them chose their targets based on that.

Hence, you striking out....again.

Sure thing junior. You win the "internets"....

Where is your evidence? Show me something that demonstrates most shooters choose gun free zones. Not just that a lot of shootings happen in very public venues that are also gun free.

Show us three mass shootings that have occurred in non gun free zones. I can show you loads that were in those areas but I can only think of one that wasn't.

Family killers don't count as mass shootings (those are mass killings, yes, but a mass shooting is where the shooter doesn't know the victims) Nice try but try and stick with the definition.

No, they count. Mass shootings usually have a motive, to discount it because they are aiming at family members doesn't change that.

The reason why family killers aren't counted is because they happen in the HOMES of the victims and the crimes are usually an extension of long running spousal abuse. In other words they are not spontaneous. So no, they don't count. They are a completely different classification of crime.

What? That doesn't make any sense. A mass shooting is a mass shooting regardless of the motive. Why do you say they are not spontaneous? Is that the rule? Because if it is then why did you pick two killers who planned their shootings?

Fuck dude, you missed again.

In the various places of the attacks in France...if you were there...and had the option...would you want to have had a concealed pistol...or would you have preferred to be unarmed....?

Unless you're gonna do a Jack Bauer move and flank the shooters up in the balcony, in this case, if was packing, it would have been useless. Sorry man -- it's just a different situation than a pizza hold-up or a break-in. I think smart gun folks know this is different.

Engaging the perps from the floor or the doors would just open you to a bullet when the police came storming in the chaos. No good to be carrying there at all..

BUT ---- now the soccer stadium is a bit different ---- because THERE -- the threat was Achmed's in suicide vests. And armed response is whole different story. Even if you sacrificed yourself in the exchange, you had a chance to stop the perp if you had the element of surprise and you were the only available force..

Missed again.

Workplace shootings ARE counted. Family killers are an entirely different dynamic. Workplace counts. And the overwhelming majority of those locations are indeed gun free zones. Every post office (to use your preferred target) is a gun free zone. Thanks for helping to prove our point.

What? That doesn't make any sense. A mass shooting is a mass shooting regardless of the motive. Why do you say they are not spontaneous? Is that the rule? Because if it is then why did you pick two killers who planned their shootings?

You and your silly baseball analogies ain't cuttin it junior. Family killers are an entirely different classification of crime. They are the result of years of strife within the family unit.

Unless you're gonna do a Jack Bauer move and flank the shooters up in the balcony, in this case, if was packing, it would have been useless. Sorry man -- it's just a different situation than a pizza hold-up or a break-in. I think smart gun folks know this is different.

Engaging the perps from the floor or the doors would just open you to a bullet when the police came storming in the chaos. No good to be carrying there at all..

BUT ---- now the soccer stadium is a bit different ---- because THERE -- the threat was Achmed's in suicide vests. And armed response is whole different story. Even if you sacrificed yourself in the exchange, you had a chance to stop the perp if you had the element of surprise and you were the only available force..

So you would rather have been unarmed and at the mercy of the terrorists just because you THINK that you couldn't have done anything. What if they had stopped shooting to reload? Wouldn't you just wait for the right moment and take them out?

I really cannot imagine anyone who would willing enter such a scenario unarmed and defenseless. How silly.

When they are shooting down into the crowd they are perfect targets for even a moderate shooter. Just sayin.

You and your silly baseball analogies ain't cuttin it junior. Family killers are an entirely different classification of crime. They are the result of years of strife within the family unit.

So, mass shooters are only mass shooters if you say so? A Mass shooting I believe is defined by multiple victims, nothing more. You don't get to decide which motives are worthy of a mass shooting.

You'd describe Columbine as a mass shooting, correct? But they most likely knew their victims...and of course they planned it as well.

You just keep swingin' away.

When they are shooting down into the crowd they are perfect targets for even a moderate shooter. Just sayin.

Cuz, you'd totally know.

OK Jack Bauer.. I need to see your target scores with a sidearm from about 25 yards..
:lol:

Missed again.

Workplace shootings ARE counted. Family killers are an entirely different dynamic. Workplace counts. And the overwhelming majority of those locations are indeed gun free zones. Every post office (to use your preferred target) is a gun free zone. Thanks for helping to prove our point.

Yet another cherrypicked association fallacy. Hey you know what else all these sites have in common? Electricity. Clearly mass shooters are drawn to where you electric freaks have installed sockets.

OK Jack Bauer.. I need to see your target scores with a sidearm from about 25 yards..
:lol:

No problem. I regularly shoot my pistols out to 400 yards. 25 yards is so close and i have practiced enough i no longer need to aim. I point shoot out to around 40 yards and still score 10's. Granted, I shoot a lot. But in that situation they are highlighted and depending on your location you are in the dark. The light from the stage benefits the crowd in that situation.

Forum List

Back