If you were dying from Parkinson's....

T-Bor said:
I would say at least 90% of people with a disease would be willing to take a cure made from stem cells. A few crackpot exceptions of course, you being one of them.

You are a class act fuckhead. Who the hell are you to decide what her step dad should or shouldn't do.

You believe there is nothing wrong with it. Fine. Yippee-skippie. He believes there is something wrong with it; and therefore, chooses not to take the option.

You have no right passing judgement on him - deciding he is a "crackpot".

It's his life, his choice; not yours.

You owe krisy an apology.

But she won't get it.

You simply aren't man enough.

I think it is wrong for you to tell me Im not right when its obvious I am.

T-Bor said:

Is that all you got?

It's wrong for someone to disagree with you?

As opposed to calling someone with a disease a crackpot because he doesn't?!

I'm being serious....are you a teenager or something?

T-Bor said:

What if you were dying from being used in a genetic experiment, would you be satisfied if someone told you it was for the greater good?

You never answered the question. Wasamatter, chicken? Bock, bock, bock.

T-Bor said:

I think it is wrong for you to tell her dad he is wrong when it is obvioius to him that he isn't.

T-Bor said:
Actually this is respone is freaking retarded. Your trying to compare fully formed human beings with a freaking embryo. Get real. Your afraid to answer my question because you know if a doctor gave you a cure to a disease you were suffering from you would take it. PERIOD. No one is going to deny a chance to live. This is why Nancy Reagan herself, a staunch opponent of stem cell research, changed her mind after seeing her husband suffer. If your father was dying horribly from Parkinsans rtwing you going to tell me you wouldnt want to give him a cure just because it was made from embryonic stem cells ? Puhhlease.

Almost every doctor is for this research because they see the type of suffering these diseases can cause. Id like to see you go to someones face who is dying from these diseases and tell them the funding for the research of these diseases has been cut. Now you have to hope some private sector has enough cash to research it and possibly find a cure.

I find it rather absurd that proponents of embryonic stem cell research have some created and promulgated the pure myth that it's going to cure Parkinson's Disease.

In addition, I find it rather disgusting that proponents of embryonic stem cell research would play on the emotions of the afflicted, giving false hope whne there is absolutely no basis to the claim that it's going to cure Parkinson's disease.

The lies are beneath contempt. Federal funding for the embryonic stem cell research never existed; therefore, cannot be cut. Unless you know something the rest of us don't, private funding hasn't been touched.

Comparing a human life to a human is about as relevant as it gets. Your attemt to call an unborn human being anything other than what it is is what's beyond retarded.

Another point T-Bor...the whole idea of stem cell research leading to a cure for MS,Parkinsons,and so on is an unknown. They have no idea at this point if it would help these diseases at all,for sure. The media has made us all believe it's a sure fire way to cure everything.

T-Bor said:
Gee, I dont know, last I checked an embryo was just a mass of gelatin like goo, not a human being, sure it may eventually turn into one, but you freakos want to deny sick people the chance to get well because of your "Ethical" crap standards. Whose really the satanic person here. Its ok, we all know if one of your relatives was dying of parkinsans then you would gladly be a supporter of it. Just like Nancy Reagan now is. Heres a link for ya Knucklehead...read it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3700015.stm

And you want to fill sick people with false hope for your belief in a mythical cure.

Answer this, Einstein .....

Why Parkinsion's? Why not cancer? Heart disease? Kidney disease? Liver disease? Asthma? AIDS/HIV? The common cold?

What REAL facts do you base your promise of hope for the sick on?

I'll tell you what ..... NONE whatsoever. You have a disease, and you have your Promethian research you think my tax dollars should fund.

Perhaps you should get some ethics.

T-Bor said:
I would say at least 90% of people with a disease would be willing to take a cure made from stem cells. A few crackpot exceptions of course, you being one of them.

Just because you're willing to cling to life no matter what it takes doesn't mean everyone is. What you mean is, at least 90% of leftists who relegate human life to a lump of cells would be more than willing to destroy a thousand lives for one loser to live one more day.

Kind of says a lot about you, I think.

GunnyL said:
I find it rather absurd that proponents of embryonic stem cell research have some created and promulgated the pure myth that it's going to cure Parkinson's Disease.

In addition, I find it rather disgusting that proponents of embryonic stem cell research would play on the emotions of the afflicted, giving false hope whne there is absolutely no basis to the claim that it's going to cure Parkinson's disease.

The lies are beneath contempt. Federal funding for the embryonic stem cell research never existed; therefore, cannot be cut. Unless you know something the rest of us don't, private funding hasn't been touched.

Comparing a human life to a human is about as relevant as it gets. Your attemt to call an unborn human being anything other than what it is is what's beyond retarded.

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

You beat me to my point. No one has any proof whatsover that this research could do anything.

GotZoom said:
I think it is wrong for you to tell her dad he is wrong when it is obvioius to him that he isn't.

He didn't say Krisy's dad was "wrong." He called one of the sick people he is so concerned with who is dealing with his trials in his own way a "crackpot."

So much for the compassionate act of T-bor.

Nienna said:
Didn't he START the thread? Wow.

Yep, he sure did. Then he proceeded to step WAY over the line by being insulting to another members family. Krisy took the time to not only reply in a civil manner, but also share a personal experience with us.

I've reversed just about every ban or thread ban for quite awhile now but I believe T-Bor's ejection from this thread is warranted.

T-Bor - if you're reading this, take notice that this type of behavior won't be tolerated. Jump at the members if you like and swear up and down that we are all wackjobs and hypocrites, but you know that comment crossed the line.

jimnyc said:
Yep, he sure did. Then he proceeded to step WAY over the line by being insulting to another members family. Krisy took the time to not only reply in a civil manner, but also share a personal experience with us.

I've reversed just about every ban or thread ban for quite awhile now but I believe T-Bor's ejection from this thread is warranted.

T-Bor - if you're reading this, take notice that this type of behavior won't be tolerated. Jump at the members if you like and swear up and down that we are all wackjobs and hypocrites, but you know that comment crossed the line.

I wasn't disputing his ejection... just commenting on the irony of his being kicked out of his own discussion. :)

Nienna said:
I wasn't disputing his ejection... just commenting on the irony of his being kicked out of his own discussion. :)

Oh, I know! Sorry I made it look that way, I just happened to choose your response to respond to! :)

To answer the original question: Yeah I would and I wouldn't care who paid for the research (red herring) and I wouldn't make much of a fuss over adult or embryonic.

That said, T-Bor I think you'll find this board, or any message board, more usefull and enjoyable when you learn to take people at their word (for the most part) even if you think their reasoning is uninformed or stupid... running around calling them "filthy bullshit liars" isn't going to get you anywhere and it'll only drag the thread down.

Just because you don't like a person's answer doesn't make them a liar.

krisy said:
Another point T-Bor...the whole idea of stem cell research leading to a cure for MS,Parkinsons,and so on is an unknown. They have no idea at this point if it would help these diseases at all,for sure.

Which is one reason it makes very bad sense to withhold federal funding for research in this field.

Forum List

Back