If you were dying from Parkinson's....

T-Bor

May 24, 2006
and someone offered you a cure that was made from stem cells that allow you to lead a normal life...would you take it ? Yes or no answers will do.

Sure - I'd rely upon the private-party research and state gov't funding to help find a cure, I wouldn't expect the Feds to pay for stuff which may or may not work. Not in this case.

T-Bor said:
and someone offered you a cure that was made from stem cells that allow you to lead a normal life...would you take it ? Yes or no answers will do.

There needs to be some clarification. Also there are too many variables that would influence my answer. Is private industry giving me this chance, or is it based on taxpayer money? What are stem cells? Are these cells like fetuses that have the potential to grow into human beings? If so, I would decline. If these cells were “dead” in the sense that they can’t become unique human beings, and if there were no taxpayer money directly involved, then I would likely say, “Yes, let’s put them to use to possible extend life, including my own."

mattskramer said:
There needs to be some clarification. Also there are too many variables that would influence my answer. Is private industry giving me this chance, or is it based on taxpayer money? What are stem cells? Are these cells like fetuses that have the potential to grow into human beings? If so, I would decline. If these cells were “dead” in the sense that they can’t become unique human beings, and if there were no taxpayer money directly involved, then I would likely say, “Yes, let’s put them to use to possible extend life, including my own."

Very VERY VERY Good answer.

Your answer is ridiculous..its a yes or no question...simple as that...No long winded answers.. Your dying, your suffering...someone comes along with a cure, offers it to you...will you take it ? Dont tell me your going to ask yourself whose taxpayer dollars were spent on it. Thats aload of crap to try and justify your position... Its a yes or no question. Answer it.

T-Bor said:
Your answer is ridiculous..its a yes or no question...simple as that...No long winded answers.. Your dying, your suffering...someone comes along with a cure, offers it to you...will you take it ? Dont tell me your going to ask yourself whose taxpayer dollars were spent on it. Thats aload of crap to try and justify your position... Its a yes or no question. Answer it.

wow...lmao....:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :gives:

thanks for letting me know I backed you into a corner. Your afraid to answer cause you know if you say "No" everyone will know you are full of crap.

T-Bor said:
thanks for letting me know I backed you into a corner. Your afraid to answer cause you know if you say "No" everyone will know you are full of crap.

Parkinson’s is not like a car wreck. It is a disease that progresses slowly. Depending on what is available and how it is available, I would have time to make an informed decision.

In answering your hypothetical question, given no additional information about these cells, I would say, “no”.

You want information about the cells used in the cure before you take it ? Really ? The hypothetical question was based on that you are SUFFERING from parkinsans. You said you would turn that cure down and choose to die. You sir are a liar. But I dont expect you to contradict your position on previous threads. Cause then you would be known as a hypocrit. Understandable.

T-Bor said:
You want information about the cells used in the cure before you take it ? Really ? The hypothetical question was based on that you are SUFFERING from parkinsans. You said you would turn that cure down and choose to die. You sir are a liar. But I dont expect you to contradict your position on previous threads. Cause then you would be known as a hypocrit. Understandable.

LOL. That is a nice piece of erroneous and irrelevant name-calling. Now, prove that I am a liar or hypocrite. :rotflmao:

if i could give you a president that would:

grow the economy
hunt down and kill those that killed us
be the first pres to fund stem cell research

would you vote for him.....yes or no

no long winded answers

if you say no you are a liar

T-Bor said:

Yes or no answers my ass.

Do you have a cure for Parkinson's Disease as a result fo stem cell research? I think not.

T-Bor said:

I know this may sound odd to someone so self centered but there are people who would rather go through alittle pain and suffering than see someone else be put to death for it.

I also think its funny that you think anyone who disagrees with you is a hypocrite.

T-Bor said:

I would not want to be treated with embryonic stem cells. These are taken from the developing embryo during the blastocyst stage resulting in the destruction of the embryo which is in fact human life in the developing stage. However, I would not have a problem being treated with adult stem cells. You can find them in every tissue of the living human being, and they have the capability to convert themselves into just about any other cell type. They can even return to being stem cells that have a much large reproductive capacity.

Adult stem cells have already been successfully used in many patients, even in the cases of a cardiac infarction which is when some of the heart tissue dies

So my answer to you is No if it involves embryo stem cells, and Yes if it involved adult stem cells.

T-Bor said:

Uh-huh. And have you stopped beating your life partner? Bet it your mother, dog or cat?

T-Bor said:

Yes.

mattskramer said:
Well said! I concur.

Adult or embryonic stem cells? If it was adult, then no problem, no matter who funded it. If it's embryonic, the guilt might not make me turn down the cure, but the fact that I don't want cancer, again, definitely would.

Forum List

Back