If you were dying from Parkinson's....

Please, you know his answer is a crock. When you have a virus or some kind of flu. And the doctor gives you amoxicylin <spelling>, do you do investigative research on it first.. Do you get on the internet and find out exactly what is in Amoxicylin before you take it ? Of course you dont. You just take it because the doctor said it will get rid of your virus. The same would be true if you had parkinsans and someone gave you a cure called, oh I dont know, Cure X. So your going to go..hmmm I dont know doc..You said it will cure me...But let me first see whose taxpayers dollars paid for my cure, and let me see what its made of first and I will get back to you to let you know if I actually want to live. Im sure thats exactly what you would do.

You all need to get off your ethical high horse and do whats right for the citizens of our country.

CockySOB said:
Well said! I concur.

T-Bor said:
Please, you know his answer is a crock. When you have a virus or some kind of flu. And the doctor gives you amoxicylin <spelling>, do you do investigative research on it first.. Do you get on the internet and find out exactly what is in Amoxicylin before you take it ? Of course you dont. You just take it because the doctor said it will get rid of your virus. The same would be true if you had parkinsans and someone gave you a cure called, oh I dont know, Cure X. So your going to go..hmmm I dont know doc..You said it will cure me...But let me first see whose taxpayers dollars paid for my cure, and let me see what its made of first and I will get back to you to let you know if I actually want to live. Im sure thats exactly what you would do.

You all need to get off your ethical high horse and do whats right for the citizens of our country.

Doing what is right for the citizens of this country does not include Promethian experimentation. This is yet another issue in which you lefties attempt to devalue human life.

T-Bor said:
Please, you know his answer is a crock. When you have a virus or some kind of flu. And the doctor gives you amoxicylin <spelling>, do you do investigative research on it first.. Do you get on the internet and find out exactly what is in Amoxicylin before you take it ? Of course you dont. You just take it because the doctor said it will get rid of your virus. .

You're flipping right I try to find out just what the hell I'm taking and possible side effects. I've refused medication twice. So no, I DON"T take it just because the doctor said it will cure whatever it is I'm afflicted with at the time.

Ive said it before and I will say it again. I dont belong to a party. Im neither democrat or republican. I think for myself. I dont let a party decide what I think is right. Im simply for right and wrong. My views are sometimes republican and democrat. Unlike a bunch of you guys who let your party decide your thoughts for you. And stepping on an embryo to let the perverbial stem cell juice come squirting out is absolutley the right thing to do.

T-bor out.

GunnyL said:
Doing what is right for the citizens of this country does not include Promethian experimentation. This is yet another issue in which you lefties attempt to devalue human life.

T-Bor said:
Ive said it before and I will say it again. I dont belong to a party. Im neither democrat or republican. I think for myself. I dont let a party decide what I think is right. Im simply for right and wrong. My views are sometimes republican and democrat. Unlike a bunch of you guys who let your party decide your thoughts for you. And stepping on an embryo to let the perverbial stem cell juice come squirting out is absolutley the right thing to do.

T-bor out.

I wonder what T-bor juice looks like? what cure could it provide......booty acne?

and said that if you don't kill your wife, he will kill both you and her....
.....would you kill her ?

Yes or no answers will do.

T-Bor said:

T-bor out.

It's absolutely the WRONG thing to do. What you continue to attempt to relegate to something other than what it is, regardless your party affiliation, is an unborn human being. Not a parasite, not a blastocyst, not a bunch of cells that equate to nothing. Unborn human being.

It doesn't get any simpler than THAT.

My simple answer is "Yes."

My explanation is that, since research related to the use of embryonic stem cells has yet to make it to even one single human clinical trial, the stem cells used in creating the cure were not likely to be embryonic. So, no problem! :)

Actually this is respone is freaking retarded. Your trying to compare fully formed human beings with a freaking embryo. Get real. Your afraid to answer my question because you know if a doctor gave you a cure to a disease you were suffering from you would take it. PERIOD. No one is going to deny a chance to live. This is why Nancy Reagan herself, a staunch opponent of stem cell research, changed her mind after seeing her husband suffer. If your father was dying horribly from Parkinsans rtwing you going to tell me you wouldnt want to give him a cure just because it was made from embryonic stem cells ? Puhhlease.

Almost every doctor is for this research because they see the type of suffering these diseases can cause. Id like to see you go to someones face who is dying from these diseases and tell them the funding for the research of these diseases has been cut. Now you have to hope some private sector has enough cash to research it and possibly find a cure.

rtwngAvngr said:
What if you were dying from being used in a genetic experiment, would you be satisfied if someone told you it was for the greater good?

T-Bor said:
Actually this is respone is freaking retarded. Your trying to compare fully formed human beings with a freaking embryo. Get real. Your afraid to answer my question because you know if a doctor gave you a cure to a disease you were suffering from you would take it. PERIOD. No one is going to deny a chance to live. This is why Nancy Reagan herself, a staunch opponent of stem cell research, changed her mind after seeing her husband suffer. If your father was dying horribly from Parkinsans rtwing you going to tell me you wouldnt want to give him a cure just because it was made from embryonic stem cells ? Puhhlease.

Almost every doctor is for this research because they see the type of suffering these diseases can cause. Id like to see you go to someones face who is dying from these diseases and tell them the funding for the research of these diseases has been cut. Now you have to hope some private sector has enough cash to research it and possibly find a cure.

I would gladly explain it to whoever will listen. We can not use OTHER HUMAN BEINGS as lab rats, no matter how much may be gained from it. It's morality and respect for individual rights, and respect for human life, look into it, satan-boy.

Gee, I dont know, last I checked an embryo was just a mass of gelatin like goo, not a human being, sure it may eventually turn into one, but you freakos want to deny sick people the chance to get well because of your "Ethical" crap standards. Whose really the satanic person here. Its ok, we all know if one of your relatives was dying of parkinsans then you would gladly be a supporter of it. Just like Nancy Reagan now is. Heres a link for ya Knucklehead...read it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3700015.stm

rtwngAvngr said:
I would gladly explain it to whoever will listen. We can not use OTHER HUMAN BEINGS as lab rats, no matter how much may be gained from it. It's morality and respect for individual rights, and respect for human life, look into it, satan-boy.

T-Bor said:

You are wrong,T-Bor. Someone very close to me has MS...my stepdad. So far,he has done well with it,but has attacks of blindness in one eye about once a year. He also has extreme trouble with the heat. Muscle aches sometimes. Fortunately tho,he has not become crippled form the disease. I can tell you tho,being such a close relative to someone having it,that it is an ethical choice for him. He does not believe in stem cell research to rid him of his disease. He doesn't want lives created solely to be destroyed. There are a lot of advances being in made in the MS/Parkinsons area. In five years,with the treatment he is taking,his MS has not gotten any worse. MRIs show the dosease is not advancing.

I thnk it is wrong for you to dictate how someone with the disease would feel. It is very serious and can cause a lot of pain for the person with it,and their family.

I would say at least 90% of people with a disease would be willing to take a cure made from stem cells. A few crackpot exceptions of course, you being one of them.

krisy said:
You are wrong,T-Bor. Someone very close to me has MS...my stepdad. So far,he has done well with it,but has attacks of blindness in one eye about once a year. He also has extreme trouble with the heat. Muscle aches sometimes. Fortunately tho,he has not become crippled form the disease. I can teel you tho,being such a close relative to someone having it,that it is an ethical choice for him. He does not believe in stem cell research to rid him of his disease. He doesn't want live created solely to be destroyed. There are a lot of advances being in made in the MS/Parkinsons area. In five years,with the treatment he is taking,his MS has not gotten any worse. MRIs show the dosease is not advancing.

I thnk it is wrong for you to dictate how someone with the disease would feel. It is very serious and can cause a lot of pain for the person with it,and their family.

T-Bor said:
I would say at least 90% of people with a disease would be willing to take a cure made from stem cells. A few crackpot exceptions of course, you being one of them.

Read closer,it's not me,it's my stepdad.

Next,your very typical,if someone doesn't agree with you,they are a crackpot:blah2: Get over it,not everyone thinks like you.

Also,I believe my stepdad would take the treatment,if the cells used for research were not embryonic. What you need to undertstand T-Bor,is that this is a serious ethical question for a lot of people. Respect their opnions enought to not call them "crackpots".

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
T-Bor said:
Gee, I dont know, last I checked an embryo was just a mass of gelatin like goo, not a human being, sure it may eventually turn into one, but you freakos want to deny sick people the chance to get well because of your "Ethical" crap standards. Whose really the satanic person here. Its ok, we all know if one of your relatives was dying of parkinsans then you would gladly be a supporter of it. Just like Nancy Reagan now is. Heres a link for ya Knucklehead...read it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3700015.stm

And toddlers are just short people and we all know short people got no reason. Where does the dehumanization end with you? Standard gelatinous goo does not miraculously grow into a person.

I have crap ethical standards? You're a murderer trying to tell himself it's ok to be a murderer. YOU have crap ethical standards, satan worshipper.

Forum List

Back