If You Think the Media Reports the Facts, Think Again

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I read several newspapers and and other media outlets on a daily basis. On virtually every subject of which I have personal knowledge, the reporting is outlandishly inaccurate, if not invented altogether. Who goes into "journalism" these days and for what purpose, other than to practice creative writing without fear of contradiction?

I read several newspapers and and other media outlets on a daily basis. On virtually every subject of which I have personal knowledge, the reporting is outlandishly inaccurate, if not invented altogether. Who goes into "journalism" these days and for what purpose, other than to practice creative writing without fear of contradiction?

news for you? I worked in inner city emergency rooms for a significant part of
my life-------they never get it right. I lived thru a long running riot----ON THE STREET WHERE I LIVED-------they did not get that one
right either

Members of the media are well off financially. They have great healthcare plans and retirement. They look at life in America with rose colored glasses. They know Obamacare is a bad deal and they know that most Americans are hurting and have not seen a pay raise in 8 years but they don't care. The last thing these selfish a-holes want is change so they lie and tell half truths. Shameful! if the media was doing it's job a potential felon would not be running for president on the democrat ticket.

Members of the media are well off financially. They have great healthcare plans and retirement. They look at life in America with rose colored glasses. They know Obamacare is a bad deal and they know that most Americans are hurting and have not seen a pay raise in 8 years but they don't care. The last thing these selfish a-holes want is change so they lie and tell half truths. Shameful! if the media was doing it's job a potential felon would not be running for president on the democrat ticket.

Really? how much do they generally earn?------my take on them is that they do what they think their bosses want

Only the upper echelon print and broadcast media folks make big bucks, as is the case in various industries. Below them though the pay ain't all that good.

Good pay or poor pay ... it doesn't matter. These people go to extreme lengths to get their "info." One catchphrase is "... has a connection to [whatever location]. They found a 4th cousin who hasn't seen or heard from the subject person in 20 years and that's the connection. They reword the same damned question over and over and over again until they get the answer they WANT (or something close enough to the answer they want) and THAT's the answer that ultimately becomes the "direct quote." These grocery store rags like National Enquirer (or whatever it is) have the scoop and the pictures to prove it ... and it's all BS thrown out by journalism school drop outs or failures. You really can't believe much of anything you see or hear from "journalists" these days.

Forum List

Back