If you owned a business......?

What MOST Important In Hiring and Employee?

• Experience

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Compatability With Current Staff

• Education

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Professionalism

• Ethics

• Flexibility

• Discretion

• Reliability

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Appearance

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Good References

• Team Mentality

• Total voters
For me its the three H's.

1.) Honest
2.) Hardworking
3.) Here (You don't call in all the time saying you can't be at the job.)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Someone who is self-motivated is often capable of exceeding a company's expectations. They often have an innate sense of curiosity, a desire to learn and a drive to succeed. This is the single most important criteria to look for in hiring a new employee.

Yes - which sometimes, in turn makes other employees angered and / or jealous.

When I was a Paramedic, I took pride in myself, my job and my uniform.

I did my best at my written reports ( patient care forms ) , my radio conversations with medical command - patient assessment, and my verbal report to the nurses when I turned the patient over to the emergency room. And in doing so.....some people began to " have issues " with me.

Some people In Metropolitan EMS I got along with as an EMT- Basic; did not like me when I became a Paramedic .

After leaving large city EMS and going to work in industry ( a very good paying job ) in the year 2001 ; my uncle( my dad's brother) , first cousin and some other relatives....and a few friends - never spoke to me again.

My uncle and first cousin are both now deceased .

I have lost so much over the past fifteen years .

Shadow 355

1.) Honest
2.) Hardworking

Holly

I have some coworkers whom report off at least six to eight times a year. Sometimes it is within a six to eight month span.

I had one coworker whom called off, and told coworkers he was reporting off three weeks in advance - he called off sick for the Super Bowl. The year 2008 I believe. He pulled that stunt more than once.

Shadow 355

1.) Honest
2.) Hardworking

Holly
I have some coworkers whom report off at least six to eight times a year. Sometimes it is within a six to eight month span.

I had one coworker whom called off, and told coworkers he was reporting off three weeks in advance - he called off sick for the Super Bowl. The year 2008 I believe. He pulled that stunt more than once.

Shadow 355
To me, people like that should be kicked to the curb especially if they can't be up front about their absences from the very beginning. That is bad enough, but because of them creating the situations in the first place, its everyone else at the job who ends up being buried by extra work. Yeah a lot of things can't be avoided like getting sick and losing those who you care about, but most of the time, reasons like that are not why people miss work.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

1.) Honest
2.) Hardworking

Holly

Shadow 355
To me, people like that should be kicked to the curb especially if they can't be up front about their absences from the very beginning. That is bad enough, but because of them creating the situations in the first place, its everyone else at the job who ends up being buried by extra work. Yeah a lot of things can't be avoided like getting sick and losing those who you care about, but most of the time, reasons like that are not why people miss work.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

He called off work for the " Steelers " Super Bowl, and said he was going to about three weeks ahead of time., he had " Steelers " tattoos on his body, and outside calf mucked if I remember correctly. When our jobs got contracted out, he left and got a job in the Air Conditioning business, as I was told.

Where I work - we have manpower issues at times , we work short handed because shifts can't be filled , and numerous other problems. When shifts can't be filled, one person in my department has to do two jobs ...... and the absents persons task - and they do not get paid for it.

Example. The guy for gate two calls off on grave shift and the shift is not filled. The other guard ( only other guard inside ) has to do first security rounds, work gate two, fill fire extinguishers, do second security rounds, then work gate two again - and they don't get paid for it. I have done this more times than I can count. Having to personally make up for shifts not filled, or not solicited for overtime ( on the overtime sheet - foreman did not force someone to work ) by the shift foreman - so I have to do two peoples jobs.

Some people were exempt from working overtime, working over on shift 4 hours, and working our long break ( 7 days off in a row ).....putting the work on other personnel. But it is getting better.

We have leadership problems in my dept .

It's a zoo.

Shadow 355

Last edited:

Forum List

Back