If you live in America, you are the wealthy

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
If you are an American, you are the wealth of the world. Our poor have more than the upper middle class of most countries. The average family in China makes $9,000 a year. The middle class in china would be considered poverty in America. We give more in welfare than most people in the world make in income. Where Obama spent his early life the average income is currently $2,271 a year. The middle class in Indonesia would be considered below poverty in America. In most countries 75% of income goes toward food. In America we spend an average of 9.4% towards food of which 3.9% is actually eating out.

So when you hear people around talking about the rich taking advantage of the poor. If you live in America, they are actually talking about you taking advantage of the poor around the world.

If you are an American, you are the wealth of the world. Our poor have more than the upper middle class of most countries. The average family in China makes $9,000 a year. The middle class in china would be considered poverty in America. We give more in welfare than most people in the world make in income. Where Obama spent his early life the average income is currently $2,271 a year. The middle class in Indonesia would be considered below poverty in America. In most countries 75% of income goes toward food. In America we spend an average of 9.4% towards food of which 3.9% is actually eating out.

So when you hear people around talking about the rich taking advantage of the poor. If you live in America, they are actually talking about you taking advantage of the poor around the world.

thanks to liberal programs that make sure our people don't die in the streets

so when you walk around talking about how 'lucky' our poor should feel to subsist, thank people like me... who vote to take care of our poorest, our sickest our weakest and our oldest...

so if i were you, i wouldn't be taking credit for america's largesse.

and while we're at it, what percentage of our budget goes to our military budget as opposed to helping people?

If one is stupid enough to buy into the concept that wealth = money, then I suppose this POV makes sense.

Of course the real test of wealth is quality of life, not the amount of cash one has acccess to to have a quality life.

Ergo, the QUALITY OF LIFE of most welfare folks must be compared to the QAULITY OF LIFE of others if one wants to determine their relative wealth.

One might want to look at things like morbity and mortality stats as well as access to food, shelter and clothing, and that sort of thing if one really wants to understand the condition of people's lives.

Wealth is made by work and production of goods(supply) that people want(demand). Taking economic energy and handing it to the poor may help them buy stuff, but it doesn't transfer into the economic potential like giving it to someone that understands business(economics) and allowing them to hire worker to produce.

You do want a strong middle class to buy the products(demand), but that's better had with having strong businesses and making it through work. Giving money to someone for sitting on his/her ass steals away economic potential as they're not doing anything.

Last edited:

so when you walk around talking about how 'lucky' our poor should feel to subsist, thank people like me... who vote to take care of our poorest, our sickest our weakest and our oldest...

and while we're at it, what percentage of our budget goes to our military budget as opposed to helping people?

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."

-- G. Gordon Liddy

If one is stupid enough to buy into the concept that wealth = money, then I suppose this POV makes sense.

Of course the real test of wealth is quality of life, not the amount of cash one has acccess to to have a quality life.

Ergo, the QUALITY OF LIFE of most welfare folks must be compared to the QAULITY OF LIFE of others if one wants to determine their relative wealth.

One might want to look at things like morbity and mortality stats as well as access to food, shelter and clothing, and that sort of thing if one really wants to understand the condition of people's lives.

Relative wealth to the rest of the world is of course the real comparison here.

The poorest amongst us can walk into a hospital and get $100,000 worth of services.

No charge.

Maybe so, but every Italian or even the French can see a doctor when they’re sick, America can’t seem to afford that.

This is why Obama sent billions out of the country to run up the debt. He was spreading the wealth of this nation around to less advantaged countries.

Six out of every ten dollars of cuts in the Ryan budget are cuts to programs that help the poor,

so wherever America's poor are now, they will be a whole lot poorer when the Republicans get through with them.

Six out of every ten dollars of cuts in the Ryan budget are cuts to programs that help the poor,

so wherever America's poor are now, they will be a whole lot poorer when the Republicans get through with them.

Non-sequitur, much?

We have the same poverty rate now than before the War on Poverty.

Ask people who have been rescued by our Military or the National Guard during national disasters and then see if the military budget doesnt "help people"

Thats not including the personal growth one can get from a military career, or the scientific advancement from military research.

And I do agree union formation and progressive politics helped shape our nation in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The problem is that those poltiics have gone from righting great injustices to a system of self perpetuation for certain polticians and creation of work rules meant to stifle innovation and lower productivity.

Maybe so, but every Italian or even the French can see a doctor when they’re sick, America can’t seem to afford that.

If you listen to Obama that seems possible.

Let's be honest, Europe isn't the Mecca you claim it to be. They just don't blast their deficiencies all over the planet for all to see.

Ask people who have been rescued by our Military or the National Guard during national disasters and then see if the military budget doesnt "help people"

Thats not including the personal growth one can get from a military career, or the scientific advancement from military research.

And I do agree union formation and progressive politics helped shape our nation in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The problem is that those poltiics have gone from righting great injustices to a system of self perpetuation for certain polticians and creation of work rules meant to stifle innovation and lower productivity.

i don't know. why don't you try asking the people who lived through katrina. i'm thinking they didn't think brownie did such a heck of a job.

as for the rest of what you said, well... you've got the meme down.

but the reality is before social security, 50% of our elderly lived in poverty.
before wage and hour laws and laws governing worker safety went into effect, children worked in sweat shops and women got locked into factories while they worked themselves blind and crippled and burned in fires.

you should know all of the history.. not just what your politics dictate.

i don't know. why don't you try asking the people who lived through katrina. i'm thinking they didn't think brownie did such a heck of a job.

as for the rest of what you said, well... you've got the meme down.

but the reality is before social security, 50% of our elderly lived in poverty.
before wage and hour laws and laws governing worker safety went into effect, children worked in sweat shops and women got locked into factories while they worked themselves blind and crippled and burned in fires.

you should know all of the history.. not just what your politics dictate.

So really, your counter to the fact that the US military has saved the world from ruin repeatedly and freed millions of people is that Kathleen Blanco wouldn't turn authority over to the FEMA soon enough?

ROTFL.gif

I swear. Sometimes I thing one must be a fucking retard to be a Liberal.

I and most republican I know are all for helping those that wish to help themselves. But when I say help those it is help those become working people independent on the government. The different between you, as a liberal, is that you wish to simply support them and make them dependent on the government. Lastly helping does not mean increasing the way of life. That is their responsibility and they can achieve that through hard work. I mean help them to survive and help them find work.

Forum List

Back