If you live in America, you are the wealthy

You do realize a lot of that has to do with the size of those countries right? Second, there will never be complete equality. It is impossible to attain and no matter what measures are taken equality will never be realized.

You do realize that inequality in this country is greater than it has been in scores of years.

Keep going with "our poor aren't poor enough" though. That's got to be a wining strategy.

You can thank Obama. Middle class pay dropped 4000 over the past 4 years

Source? You blame your hangover on the guy making you breakfast don't you...

If you are an American, you are the wealth of the world. Our poor have more than the upper middle class of most countries. The average family in China makes $9,000 a year. The middle class in china would be considered poverty in America. We give more in welfare than most people in the world make in income. Where Obama spent his early life the average income is currently $2,271 a year. The middle class in Indonesia would be considered below poverty in America. In most countries 75% of income goes toward food. In America we spend an average of 9.4% towards food of which 3.9% is actually eating out.

So when you hear people around talking about the rich taking advantage of the poor. If you live in America, they are actually talking about you taking advantage of the poor around the world.
YAY ! More "stuff" ! More GDP !
You can have it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1o3FS0awtk]Nic Marks: The Happy Planet Index - YouTube[/ame]

The OP is silly because every nation defines rich and poor differently.

Yes, 10 American dollars will buy you a hell of a lot in some countries, however who cares if you aren't IN those countries?

Yet the left takes no issue with other comparisons.

You will always hear me talk about double standards.

Here is yet another............

I'm not sure you can compare living situations in the US with 3rd world countries.

You can compare and contrast us with other countries, but any comparison that leaves the western world would make me pause.

You can when we are talking about the wealthy in the world. So you are saying because we are rich we should provide our poor everything for free?

You do realize that inequality in this country is greater than it has been in scores of years.

Keep going with "our poor aren't poor enough" though. That's got to be a wining strategy.

You can thank Obama. Middle class pay dropped 4000 over the past 4 years

Source? You blame your hangover on the guy making you breakfast don't you...

Funny I thought he was the president the past three years. But your description better describes the job he has done.

Great....I am glad that our poor is wealthy compared to undeveloped countries.....However, what's the cost of living in those countries? Does it cost $500/month for rent(if it stops there)? How about transportation, utilities, food, clothing?

Why is it that the goal seems to be to lower our standard of living to that of those undeveloped countries? It seems that you guys won't be happy till all those babies you are going to force women to have against their will have bloated bellies, stick thin arms and legs, skeletal faces and flies all over them.

Great....I am glad that our poor is wealthy compared to undeveloped countries.....However, what's the cost of living in those countries? Does it cost $500/month for rent(if it stops there)? How about transportation, utilities, food, clothing?

Why is it that the goal seems to be to lower our standard of living to that of those undeveloped countries? It seems that you guys won't be happy till all those babies you are going to force women to have against their will have bloated bellies, stick thin arms and legs, skeletal faces and flies all over them.

I'm not a Democrat so global equality is not my goal.

I really love this RW meme of "our poor aren't poor enough". "You can't be poor, you have a microwave". Seriously, ya'll can't possibly be that clueless...

chart-income-inequality2.top.gif

Strawman, much?

LOL

no, we are saying that out poor are not all that poor. What part of that don't you understand?

Ok....so you are for our American children starving to death.... duly noted.

When did I say that. I'm all for providing food and shelter for those that need it until they can get on there own. I'm not for taking care of their every need like a child that won't leave home.

If one is stupid enough to buy into the concept that wealth = money, then I suppose this POV makes sense.

Of course the real test of wealth is quality of life, not the amount of cash one has acccess to to have a quality life.

Ergo, the QUALITY OF LIFE of most welfare folks must be compared to the QAULITY OF LIFE of others if one wants to determine their relative wealth.

One might want to look at things like morbity and mortality stats as well as access to food, shelter and clothing, and that sort of thing if one really wants to understand the condition of people's lives.

Relative wealth to the rest of the world is of course the real comparison here.

The poorest amongst us can walk into a hospital and get $100,000 worth of services.

No charge.

Yes, as in Haiti, where people are still living in tents.

As much as Obama would like to see America, as another Third World country....it ain't gonna happen. Go Romney/Ryan! :eusa_clap:

When did I say that. I'm all for providing food and shelter for those that need it until they can get on there own. I'm not for taking care of their every need like a child that won't leave home.

yet you support an agenda that perpetuates just that. you don't want people earning wages that are family sustaining. That ensures that a large segment of our society will need some kind of help to just live in their own country.

But according to your rationale, the poor here aren't really poor, so they don't need help...only when they achieve the poverty level of underdeveloped countries will they be needy enough for you. So bloated bellied American kids seems to be the goal.

I'd like to see our wealthiest voluntarily downsize their lifestyles a little bit and stockholders to be more patient, so that the people who bust their asses every day don't have to apply for food stamps to make ends meet. So people have money in their pockets to buy products and services....those purchases are what will restore the economy....not the continuing worship of those at the top who refuse to do what Reagan asked them and incentivized them to do.....trickle down.

yet you support an agenda that perpetuates just that. you don't want people earning wages that are family sustaining. That ensures that a large segment of our society will need some kind of help to just live in their own country.

But according to your rationale, the poor here aren't really poor, so they don't need help...only when they achieve the poverty level of underdeveloped countries will they be needy enough for you. So bloated bellied American kids seems to be the goal.

I'd like to see our wealthiest voluntarily downsize their lifestyles a little bit and stockholders to be more patient, so that the people who bust their asses every day don't have to apply for food stamps to make ends meet. So people have money in their pockets to buy products and services....those purchases are what will restore the economy....not the continuing worship of those at the top who refuse to do what Reagan asked them and incentivized them to do.....trickle down.

You don't want trickle down. You want to take from those you think have to much and give to those that you feel Don't have enough. People in this country control their own destiny. If they have the right work ethic they can make a good life for themselves. But when you make them dependent there is No incentive to improve their work ethics and improve their own lives.

Forum List

Back