If you have visited overseas, what was the most anoying features of the furreners?

Them furriners are confunding, Why?

• the english don't speek english

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • The alphabets are strange

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Their road manners are insane

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Squid, snails, frogs, sea urchins? Can't they cook a decent hamburger?

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • They get really uptight about the damnedest things

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • The money makes no sense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I took the language for four years and college. Can't they speek their own language?

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Try driving in Jamaica!! The road to Negril before they widened it about 10 years ago was insane.

I've driven that road 20 years back.
In England, my major complaint is that they all speak some funny language that bears little resemblance to English and they laughed at my accent. My accent? I don't have an accent.Driving there tokk some getting used to, but at least in a car, I had a reference. Sitting on the wrong side of the car, driving on the wrong side of the road was easier to get used to.
In Jamaica, I rented a motorcycle. No point of reference. I pulled out of Ricks, headed East and every single person headed the other way was idiotically driving on the wrong side.

The vendors outside of Ricks were dispersed after the hurricane in '04. I remember those scooter and bike rentals there. People would get hammered, jump the cliffs at Rick's Cafe and then they would rent those clowns a motorcycle. Headed back east is back towards the resort district which is loaded with traffic!
I never drive there. I do love it there though but you can pump that Red Stripe back into the horse it came out of.

As I posted in another thread the other day, the first bidet I encountered in an Italian hotel I peed in. Thought that was what it was for and I'd bet dollars to donuts I'm not the only one to ever make that mistake.

I've traveled all over the world and to get upset or annoyed at others' customs and way of life is absurd. You're in their country and expecting things to be like at home is Ugly American 101. If you don't want to experience different cultures then stay at home.

I travel to Mexico about 2 weeks a year.
Mexicans work harder than Americans.
Mexicans understand the value of $ better than Americans.
Mexicans do not bitch and moan like Americans.
Mexicans do not demand health care as a benefit like Americans.Mexican children are better behaved than American children.Mexicans are cleaner people than Americans.Last but not least:
Mexican beer is far better than American beer.

I have to disagree with the high lighted parts, Mexicans do want free health care when they get here, Mexican children are not any better behaved than American kids and they are definently not cleaner, if you been to any part of Mexico outside the tourist areas you would know. Mexican women are insanely beautiful though.

Virgin Islands, I been there with my ex wife and it is a very beautiful place but unless you stay in a hotel for tourists the quality of life is very low, most of the roads were not paved and they had chickens everywhere, plus they charge you $150 to leave the airport to go back to the States.

Ireland, I stopped there on the way to a deployment and the landscape is beautiful, they have awesome beer and the women were very sexy, wish I could have stayed longer than a few hours.

England, was there on the way back from a deployment, very good beer and Middle Eastern cuisine.

Kuwait, no alcohol and strict Islamic customs, very boring.

Dubai, best place in the Middle East probably, alcohol is legal and they have amazing shopping malls and restaurants, and lots of Russian and Korean hookers.

Cyprus, probably one of the best kept secrets, amazing weather, amazing food and amazing women, the women there are a mixture of Lebanese/Turkish/Greek ancestry and are very stunning, wish I could go back.

I find traffic rules to be optional in other places. lima and istanbul were probably the scariest driving-wise.

I've never been treated rudely in other countries.

Now if I try to order from one of the stores in Brighton Beach and don't speak Russian??

THAT'S rudeness.

Mexicans do not demand health care as a benefit like Americans.Mexican children are better behaved than American children.Mexicans are cleaner people than Americans.Last but not least:

I have to disagree with the high lighted parts, Mexicans do want free health care when they get here, Mexican children are not any better behaved than American kids and they are definently not cleaner, if you been to any part of Mexico outside the tourist areas you would know. Mexican women are insanely beautiful though.

I think you nailed it. He probably went to a few resort cities and figured that's how the entire nation lives.

I think you nailed it. He probably went to a few resort cities and figured that's how the entire nation lives.

I've learned to read outside the lines and not everything is what it seems, I visited the Virgin Islands with my ex wife and yes it is a beautiful country and like Mexico has many lovely resorts for rich American tourists. However once you go live with the locals you start to see the roads are not paved, there is barely any hot water and there are chickens everywhere, its sort of like being in African country. Normal Mexicans are not living the life the tourists do in Cabo San Lucas.

Actually laws are the main things that piss me off, the local authorities just expect you to know them on the top of your head like you have lived there all your life or something. :eusa_eh:

What the hell did you do?

I really haven't found that my normal USA behaviour is unlawful outside the USA.

Cyprus I miss you.

cyprus3.jpg

0-cyprus_master.jpg

2201138-VRISISANA_BEACH_IS_VERY_POPULAR-Cyprus.jpg

The food. Not that it is bad, it's not. But I grew up on olive oil and garlic, basil and oregano, beef, chicken, pork and grilled fish. Some spices take getting used to, and goat, rabbit and such may taste fine but are not appealing; I also find fish for breakfast way over the top.

That driving on the left thing meant I nearly got run over in a town outside London. I was looking left and there was no traffic from that side so I just stepped right in front of a front of a roller.

If you are going get run over, you might as well go high class.

I've been traveling since I was a kid so I don't really notice. I just tend to accept others as they are. But a friend of mine came to visit me in England and was really surprised to find that all the stereotypes they'd thought were true were, in fact, a bunch of crap.

When I first visited France, I confess I was expecting them to be quite anti-American. I was happily surprised to find they were not.

Did they shave their pits?

Forum List

Back