If you have visited overseas, what was the most anoying features of the furreners?

Them furriners are confunding, Why?

• the english don't speek english

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • The alphabets are strange

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Their road manners are insane

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Squid, snails, frogs, sea urchins? Can't they cook a decent hamburger?

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • They get really uptight about the damnedest things

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • The money makes no sense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I took the language for four years and college. Can't they speek their own language?

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Sep 12, 2008
I have been overseas on several occasions. there were lots of weird shocks. If you have gone overseas, what was the weirdest thing for you?

I've been traveling since I was a kid so I don't really notice. I just tend to accept others as they are. But a friend of mine came to visit me in England and was really surprised to find that all the stereotypes they'd thought were true were, in fact, a bunch of crap.

When I first visited France, I confess I was expecting them to be quite anti-American. I was happily surprised to find they were not.

>

Ummmm

............ When I've travelled overseas...

........................................................... I'm the furrener.

>>>>

Driving on the wrong side of the road.

What's up with that?

The whole rest of the world drives on the right side but the Brits have to be different and drive on the left.

C'mon people, get with the program, will ya.

Driving on the wrong side of the road.

What's up with that?

The whole rest of the world drives on the right side but the Brits have to be different and drive on the left.

C'mon people, get with the program, will ya.

Trinidadians do it as well... imagine my dismay when I picked up the rental at the airport and climbed in to find I was on the passenger side.

That was the scariest drive of my life.

Japanese also drive on the wrong side of the road.

Must be an island thing.

The deal is, what was the biggest surprise that met you when you visited overseas. everyone has expectations, and it is never what you think.

Must be an island thing.

The deal is, what was the biggest surprise that met you when you visited overseas. everyone has expectations, and it is never what you think.

Depends on where.. I used to travel to Central America, the airport in San Pedro Sula Honduras literally had chickens running around in it.

For the most part driving in Europe is great. Italy can be a bother because I don't understand Italian when it is blasted at you at 500 words per second but other than that the only place I found challenging was Greece which is much closer to a third world nation than a first world. The people will normally stack four cars and 12 motorcycles each way at a stop light and then it's off to the races. Also their road signs are tiny little things. I don't mind the Greek Alphabet but signs that are 6 inches on a side 12 feet away from the road are IMPOSSIBLE TO READ!

Must be an island thing.

The bathroom facilities. sometimes it's just a hole in the middle of a big tile floor. I don't know why they call it a water closet. :lol:

The most annoying thing is automatically being expected to be a loud, ignorant, obnoxious and arrogant American and having to explain that only 90% of us are like that.

The most annoying thing is automatically being expected to be a loud, ignorant, obnoxious and arrogant American and having to explain that only 90% of us are like that.

Nobody in Europe has ever expected me to act that way. Maybe you have personal issues that made them think you would act that way.

In Germany, I was annoyed that if I did not specify that I wanted just a regular glass of water at a restaurant, I would automatically get sparkling water.

Nobody in Europe has ever expected me to act that way. Maybe you have personal issues that made them think you would act that way.

Nope, I just kept getting, "you don't look or act like most American tourists... They're usually obnoxious assholes"

Nope, I just kept getting, "you don't look or act like most American tourists... They're usually obnoxious assholes"

I've never had anybody say that to me and I've been to three European countries and one in South America.

I've never had anybody say that to me and I've been to three European countries and one in South America.

Neither have I.

Forum List

Back