If You Hate Zimmerman, You'll Really Hate This Guy

Articles about Lance E Thomas - Los Angeles Times

Merchant's Rising Death Toll Raises Questions : Shooting: With the killing of two more gunmen at The Watch Co., police, neighbors and legal experts are scrutinizing store owner's self-defense claims.

February 22, 1992 | SHERYL STOLBERG and ASHLEY DUNN, TIMES STAFF WRITERS

When the first sharp cracks of gunfire erupted across the street from the West Los Angeles balloon store where he works, Monet Delapaz figured it was just a car backfiring on Santa Monica Boulevard. But when the blasts continued in a furious burst--from five to 10 to somewhere around 15--he knew what had happened. "Another one bites the dust," he thought to himself. "The watch store again." Delapaz was correct. What he heard Thursday afternoon was yet another gunfight at The Watch Co.
From you link:

Thomas--who has been wounded twice during previous robbery attempts--was not at his store Friday. Neither he nor his lawyer could be reached for comment.

The 51-year-old store owner has earned a reputation as one of the city's best-known dealers in vintage timepieces, as well as expensive Rolex watches that police say are magnets for thieves. He is also known as a sure shot; a merchant once described Thomas as "the fastest gun alive."

Thomas disdains security guards, stating publicly that he does not hire them so that he can keep his prices low.

"Basically, he acts as his own security," said Mike Schmitt, a sales clerk at Wanna Buy a Watch on Melrose Avenue. "He looks like an easy hit, but he's packing and he's waiting."

In the neighborhood around The Watch Co., Thomas inspires a mixture of awe and fear. "It's like having a private security guard across the street," Edmond Hakimi, owner of a nearby yogurt shop, said Friday. "It sends a message: 'Don't mess around.' "

This guy is a hero. Dead thugs are not an altogether bad thing.

Meathead, I agree that thugs white or black, political or apolitical, should be disposed of like trash.

Merchant's Rising Death Toll Raises Questions : Shooting: With the killing of two more gunmen at The Watch Co., police, neighbors and legal experts are scrutinizing store owner's self-defense claims.

When the first sharp cracks of gunfire erupted across the street from the West Los Angeles balloon store where he works, Monet Delapaz figured it was just a car backfiring on Santa Monica Boulevard. But when the blasts continued in a furious burst--from five to 10 to somewhere around 15--he knew what had happened. "Another one bites the dust," he thought to himself. "The watch store again." Delapaz was correct. What he heard Thursday afternoon was yet another gunfight at The Watch Co.

This story is crazy. It starts out saying several of the shopkeepers have been brutally murdered before he got his first weapon. Then he was attacked by people with extensive criminal backgrounds and killed 5 of 6.

At first I thought the same as the interviewer did, why didn't he leave the neighborhood? But then I thought why should he have to?

I've heard of too many people handing over the goods and being shot, so should we wait to see what happens? And assume the guy with the gun pointed in your face will pull the trigger or not?

The story is still highly disturbing though. I don't know what to think, I'm torn.

CaféAuLait;8813164 said:

This story is crazy. It starts out saying several of the shopkeepers have been brutally murdered before he got his first weapon. Then he was attacked by people with extensive criminal backgrounds and killed 5 of 6.

At first I thought the same as the interviewer did, why didn't he leave the neighborhood? But then I thought why should he have to?

I've heard of too many people handing over the goods and being shot, so should we wait to see what happens? And assume the guy with the gun pointed in your face will pull the trigger or not?

The story is still highly disturbing though. I don't know what to think, I'm torn.

Decent people picking up and running for the hills when thugs try to move into the neighborhood is exactly how we end up with slums and urban decay. Much better for the people who love their homes and neighborhoods to fight to defend them and their right to stay in them.

If You Hate Zimmerman…
No one ‘hates’ Zimmerman, the notion is idiotic, but it is appropriate to be critical of the ignorance and hate that manifest among many on the right who perceive Zimmerman as some sort of ‘hero,’ sought to vilify Martin, and refuse to acknowledge the fact that racism played a role in the tragedy.

It’s the ignorance and racism among many on the right that’s deserving of hate, not Zimmerman.
Odd, here I was damn sure it was racism and ignorance that caused all this hatred of Zimmerman. If racism played a role in the tragedy, it was Martin with his hatred of "creepy-ass crackers". Where racism definitely played a role was the idiotic trial which should never have been and wound up biting race pimps in the ass.

I'm plain ole white bread, through and through and its "creepy ass crackers" that make me keep guns in my house.

No one ‘hates’ Zimmerman, the notion is idiotic, but it is appropriate to be critical of the ignorance and hate that manifest among many on the right who perceive Zimmerman as some sort of ‘hero,’ sought to vilify Martin, and refuse to acknowledge the fact that racism played a role in the tragedy.

It’s the ignorance and racism among many on the right that’s deserving of hate, not Zimmerman.
Odd, here I was damn sure it was racism and ignorance that caused all this hatred of Zimmerman. If racism played a role in the tragedy, it was Martin with his hatred of "creepy-ass crackers". Where racism definitely played a role was the idiotic trial which should never have been and wound up biting race pimps in the ass.

I'm plain ole white bread, through and through and its "creepy ass crackers" that make me keep guns in my house.
Hmm, an Obama sycophant who keeps guns in his house. You're either lying about the guns or you're a hypocrite. Maybe both.

The Store Owner Who Killed 5 Gang Members

Yup, all of them looked like Obama's boys.

obama-lectern-seal-630-gettycopy.jpg

Geaux
As you know I agree with you 99.9 percent of the time,but Aaron Alexis is a hero.
Trust me on this.......

If You Hate Zimmerman…

It's uncanny how the truth is almost always exactly the opposite of what you claim.

If You Hate Zimmerman…

It's uncanny how the truth is almost always exactly the opposite of what you claim.

Yup either he is a shill for the left or he is beyond ignorant. Claiming no one hates Zimmerman is so stupid as to defy logic. Of course this IS the same poster that claims no one wants to ban firearms either.

Forum List

Back