If you go downtown

freyasman

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2020
Texas
or anywhere else for that matter, know the politics and prejudices of the people in power there. I give lessons on dealing with violence and conflict and a lot of people know the laws, or at least have made an effort to learn them, but no one ever seems to know the personal beliefs and values of the local DA, or the mayor, or the chief of police.
That shit matters...... especially the prosecutors. They are the ones who are going to decide whether you get locked up and charged with a crime if there is a violent encounter, and you need to know what they think and how they feel, because if they're racists or progressives or just corrupt, it's your ass. Some of these people hate gun owners, some hate white men, some simply don't believe that there is such a thing as legitimate self-defense. Self defense is an affirmative defense; you can't just shut up and lawyer up. You are admitting that you did something that under any other circumstances would be a crime...... your job (and your lawyer's) is to make sure the actual circumstances are taken into account.

If you come to their attention, as far as they're concerned, you are the criminal...... and they are going to treat you like it.

If you're willing to spend time learning to defend yourself, don't stop with preparing for an encounter with a predatory criminal; remember that you may have to prepare to defend yourself from the law, too.

Plan, prepare, adjust your thinking...... and remember that it's better to be a live outlaw than a dead innocent.

or anywhere else for that matter, know the politics and prejudices of the people in power there. I give lessons on dealing with violence and conflict and a lot of people know the laws, or at least have made an effort to learn them, but no one ever seems to know the personal beliefs and values of the local DA, or the mayor, or the chief of police.
That shit matters...... especially the prosecutors. They are the ones who are going to decide whether you get locked up and charged with a crime if there is a violent encounter, and you need to know what they think and how they feel, because if they're racists or progressives or just corrupt, it's your ass. Some of these people hate gun owners, some hate white men, some simply don't believe that there is such a thing as legitimate self-defense. Self defense is an affirmative defense; you can't just shut up and lawyer up. You are admitting that you did something that under any other circumstances would be a crime...... your job (and your lawyer's) is to make sure the actual circumstances are taken into account.

If you come to their attention, as far as they're concerned, you are the criminal...... and they are going to treat you like it.

If you're willing to spend time learning to defend yourself, don't stop with preparing for an encounter with a predatory criminal; remember that you may have to prepare to defend yourself from the law, too.

Plan, prepare, adjust your thinking...... and remember that it's better to be a live outlaw than a dead innocent.

Thanks very much for your post. Nicely done.

• Banned
especially the prosecutors. They are the ones who are going to decide whether you get locked up and charged with a crime if there is a violent encounter

Actually, the only one who decides who gets locked up is the judge.
Bullshit.
They will stick you in county lock up and if you can't make bail, you ain't going anywhere. If they really don't like you, they'll stick you in a pod full of people guaranteed to hate your fucking guts. You ready to be the only middle-aged white guy in a pod full of black gang members? Especially if you're there for stabbing one of the 6 black teenagers that were attacking you?
That shit happens...... and it is often done deliberately.

They do this a lot to get people to plead out; about 95% of all cases are plea deals.

It ain't the judge you have to worry about most of the time. It's who is talking to the judge.

• Banned
They will stick you in county lock up and if you can't make bail, you ain't going anywhere.

That's actually not your sentence. That is pre-trial confinement.
And that is a distinction without much of a difference.

How is getting raped, beaten or stabbed in county lockup different from it happening in the state prison?

How is getting raped, beaten or stabbed in county lockup different from it happening in the state prison?

How many times were you raped, beaten, and stabbed in a county jail?
Thankfully, for ME, zero times. Of course, I've never BEEN arrested in my life, and have never spent time in a county jail on the WRONG side of the bars.

especially the prosecutors. They are the ones who are going to decide whether you get locked up and charged with a crime if there is a violent encounter

Judges belong to political parties.

Most people belong to a political party ... even crooks.
Running for a judgeship is an expensive endeavor and the judges literally show up at their local club like good little puppies.

Running for a judgeship is an expensive endeavor and the judges literally show up at their local club like good little puppies.

Show dogs...

crufts-dog-show-border-collie-agility-1280x720.jpg

Show dogs...

View attachment 379238
Can you find an image with a somewhat smaller backside?

But crooks don't run election campaigns or get political appointments-
Thinking, Shallow And Deep

Shallow thinkers rarely see beyond the obvious. A deep thinker, on the other hand, looks at the whole chain of effects.
They do in Nassau County and the Town of Hempstead.
You have no idea what happens in many localities.

They do in Nassau County and the Town of Hempstead.
You have no idea what happens in many localities.
Right- I forgot. DC is full of them.
Almost every Town and County is full of them.
If your locality is an exception, congratulations.
How many people who work for your area are relatives getting multiple pensions from your tax dollars?

Almost every Town and County is full of them.
Which is THE why I often type; the District(S) of Criminals around the Country- none the less, that was not what was implied as a crook, since we were referencing people already in jail or on their way for some criminal activity- I've not seen any elected people go to jail recently and I can't remember but one "apponited" who even got busted but I've not seen (nor have I looked for) that chief of police in chicago who got pulled over for dwi-

Forum List

Back