If You Doubt That You're No More Than An Intelligent Chimp

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Wait till you pass 75, stand before a mirror, turn your hands and arms inward letting them hang palms inward in front of you....and study what you see.

An old uncle of mine who was nearing 80 went to a local doctor who had been treating him most of his life. He told the doctor what all had happened to him during the last couple of years. The old doctor said, "Loyce...when we pass 75 they ought to just shoot us"

Religion originated because primitive mankind could not accept his mortality. He dreamed dreams and saw visions and somehow conjured up a fantasy which allowed him....above all other forms of life....to survive. It is what it is.....the product of a developing imagination from those who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat.

If an immortal creator of everything dropped by and left the only keys to the kingdom with those primitives he has one helluva sense of humor.

If you really believe your nothing but a monkey, then that's sad because it means you have little hope.

We still have the keys of the Kingdom. If you think that they were entrusted to just our ancestors alone then you don't understand the Gospel. Nor do you understand it if you think God couldnt save them as well as us. Especially since everything we are is because of them.

My father now approaching 90, a man who lead a very active life and who knew how to party as well as work his ass off, now informs me that getting old is something he's glad he only has to do ONCE.

This is a man who never complained about things, folks.

But apparently getting really old and infirm isn't exactly a picnic.

Or as my Great Grandma Blitz (born in 1857!) used to tell anybody who would listen back when she was 99:

Life is great...if you don't weaken.

They say "there are no atheists in foxholes", but how about "there are no theists on a deathbed"? If we're really going to see God, why do so many demand extraordinary measures to prolong what's already become unbearable? Why would a supposedly Christian family like the Schiavos demand their daughter cling to life, when they should have been letting her go to a better place?

They say "there are no atheists in foxholes", but how about "there are no theists on a deathbed"? If we're really going to see God, why do so many demand extraordinary measures to prolong what's already become unbearable? Why would a supposedly Christian family like the Schiavos demand their daughter cling to life, when they should have been letting her go to a better place?

by your logic we ought to eat a bullet
:cuckoo:

Wait till you pass 75, stand before a mirror, turn your hands and arms inward letting them hang palms inward in front of you....and study what you see.

An old uncle of mine who was nearing 80 went to a local doctor who had been treating him most of his life. He told the doctor what all had happened to him during the last couple of years. The old doctor said, "Loyce...when we pass 75 they ought to just shoot us"

Religion originated because primitive mankind could not accept his mortality. He dreamed dreams and saw visions and somehow conjured up a fantasy which allowed him....above all other forms of life....to survive. It is what it is.....the product of a developing imagination from those who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat.

If an immortal creator of everything dropped by and left the only keys to the kingdom with those primitives he has one helluva sense of humor.

I have no doubt that you have the intellectual capacity to out-debate a chimp.

by your logic we ought to eat a bullet
:cuckoo:

I said deathbed, not suicide watch, but be my guest. :cool:

Since when is life unbearable? The whole premise of Christianity is that we are saved from death through the Resurrection. Why on earth would you think it's logical to want to die when you believe in life?!

If you really believe your nothing but a monkey, then that's sad because it means you have little hope.

We still have the keys of the Kingdom. If you think that they were entrusted to just our ancestors alone then you don't understand the Gospel. Nor do you understand it if you think God couldnt save them as well as us. Especially since everything we are is because of them.

Cammmmmmmmmmmmmmpbell, rest assured, we have NO doubt that you are a chimp. Intelligent, no that is not a given.

So how many times are you going to post this same thread?

You nailed it!

Don't hold your breath. They always come back about how god tortured Job and how much greater their reward will be if they tough it out.

The facts of the matter are that nobody is gonna ever know another damned thing after they fihish here. If the supreme creator of the universe dropped off the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant primitives who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat he has one helluva sense of humor.

Dying is death......that's why we call it dead.

I wonder if Steven Hawkings makes a point of calling most people stupid in his communications.

Just wondering.....:eusa_whistle:

I wonder if Steven Hawkings makes a point of calling most people stupid in his communications.

Cammpbell is the one who started in with the 'chimp' comments.... CG was just following suit.

BTW,
Hawking does'nt believe in a 'god' either.

You nailed it!

Don't hold your breath. They always come back about how god tortured Job and how much greater their reward will be if they tough it out.

The facts of the matter are that nobody is gonna ever know another damned thing after they fihish here. If the supreme creator of the universe dropped off the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant primitives who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat he has one helluva sense of humor.

Dying is death......that's why we call it dead.

That isn't what the Lord says. Death is not permanent. It's just one step into Eternal Life.

But the beauty of the Gospel is you don't have to take my word for it. God reveals Himself to man through the Holy Spirit. If you humble yourself before God and seek Him with sincerity and honesty of heart, He will manifest Himself to you. He will teach you that there is power through the Son to bring Life to dead and hope to the living.

I can testify to you that I've experienced this for myself. The Lord revealed Himself through His Spirit to me. I know for myself that He is real and that Jesus is His Son who suffered and atoned for my sins. I've literally been healed by His power both physically and Spiritually.

I am not anyone special. God will reveal Himself to any who seek Him with pure intent. He delights in our lives when we do good, promote life, and empower our fellow man. Ask and ye shall recieve. Seek and Ye shall find. Knock and it shall be given unto you.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given unto him. But ask in faith, nothing waivering."

I can promise you that no matter what you believe, death is not permenant. Every man and woman who has ever lived and who will ever live will rise from the dead because of Jesus Christ. I am as confident in this as I am that the sun will rise in the morning.

But she didn't call him stupid. She specifically that she was confident that he was smarter than a chimp, or at least that he could out debate one.

Forum List

Back