If you can't win fair you have ballots with democrats only

There is already a thread on this and from what it sounds like it wasn't the school that gave the kids the ballots, but rather campaign workers who were at the polling place handing them out.

There is already a thread on this and from what it sounds like it wasn't the school that gave the kids the ballots, but rather campaign workers who were at the polling place handing them out.

I looked I didn't see a thread. If this is true why didn't the school do their job and stop it?

It is illegal in most jurisdictions for campaign workers to be within 50 feet of a polling place. Some places even farther away. Depends on local State laws but I am pretty sure they all ban campaign workers from being IN the polling place.

It is illegal in most jurisdictions for campaign workers to be within 50 feet of a polling place. Some places even farther away. Depends on local State laws but I am pretty sure they all ban campaign workers from being IN the polling place.

Read the article. They were given literature by a staffer from a campaign OUTSIDE the polling place.

This is a non-story. Seriously, you guys are so damn quick to flip the "outrage" switch.

Read the article. They were given literature by a staffer from a campaign OUTSIDE the polling place.

This is a non-story. Seriously, you guys are so damn quick to flip the "outrage" switch.

Its only a non story because it's democrats what would happenb if the ballot only had republicans on it. and God forbid it just have Tea party canidates.

Its only a non story because it's democrats what would happenb if the ballot only had republicans on it. and God forbid it just have Tea party canidates.

Do you know what the difference between a sample ballot and a ballot are?

looks like a non-story to me.

Besides, why exactly were high school students voting?

Is this prepping them for the day when there is just one party to vote for? While I am sure that the Dems would be very happy with that, the hundreds of millions of Americans that are not Democrats would kinda see that as.... well.... sort of... communist.

Is this prepping them for the day when there is just one party to vote for? While I am sure that the Dems would be very happy with that, the hundreds of millions of Americans that are not Democrats would kinda see that as.... well.... sort of... communist.

You should read the thread, and the article before you post....

Looks like the democrats are up to a new tatic of cheating.

Three van loads of Hughes High students were taken last week – during school hours – to vote and given sample ballots only for Democratic candidates and then taken for ice cream, a Monday lawsuit alleges.

Lawsuit: CPS pushing Democrats | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

"Looks like the democrats are up to a new tatic of cheating."

Does this one count?

"Several Democratic presidential candidates, including frontrunner Howard Dean, also support felon voting.

A cynic may be forgiven for suspecting that the motivation behind such support has as much to do with political expediency as principle.

Several recent studies contend that even allowing for their expected lower participation rates, the restoration of voting rights to felons would have shifted the outcome of a number of recent congressional elections. This tantalizes the felon-vote movement. But the movement receives its greatest inspiration from the 2000 election fiasco in Florida. Felon-vote proponents claim that had felons who have completed their sentences been permitted to vote in Florida, Gore would be president today. And they're probably right.

The restoration of voting rights to felons is decidedly unpopular with the electorate. For example, in 1998, more than 80 percent of Utah voters approved a measure to bar inmates from voting. In 2000, the Massachusetts electorate, among the most liberal in the country, voted for a constitutional amendment barring felon inmates from voting.

But overwhelming public opposition has not deterred felon-vote advocates. They've simply resorted to a receptive judiciary to achieve their objective.

As David Lampo notes, these distinctions are immaterial to many felon-vote advocates. Their aim is nothing less than the wholesale restoration of voting rights to all convicts — and that suggests an agenda that's more partisan than altruistic.

Peter Kirsanow on Felon & Election 2004 on National Review Online
(emphasis mine)

Seems to be a theme here,

1. Citizens are opposed.

2. Let the courts rubber stamp a left-wing agenda.

3. A Democrat strategy.

Three van loads of Hughes High students were taken last week – during school hours – to vote and given sample ballots only for Democratic candidates and then taken for ice cream, a Monday lawsuit alleges.

Does this one count?

"Several Democratic presidential candidates, including frontrunner Howard Dean, also support felon voting.

A cynic may be forgiven for suspecting that the motivation behind such support has as much to do with political expediency as principle.

Several recent studies contend that even allowing for their expected lower participation rates, the restoration of voting rights to felons would have shifted the outcome of a number of recent congressional elections. This tantalizes the felon-vote movement. But the movement receives its greatest inspiration from the 2000 election fiasco in Florida. Felon-vote proponents claim that had felons who have completed their sentences been permitted to vote in Florida, Gore would be president today. And they're probably right.

The restoration of voting rights to felons is decidedly unpopular with the electorate. For example, in 1998, more than 80 percent of Utah voters approved a measure to bar inmates from voting. In 2000, the Massachusetts electorate, among the most liberal in the country, voted for a constitutional amendment barring felon inmates from voting.

But overwhelming public opposition has not deterred felon-vote advocates. They've simply resorted to a receptive judiciary to achieve their objective.

As David Lampo notes, these distinctions are immaterial to many felon-vote advocates. Their aim is nothing less than the wholesale restoration of voting rights to all convicts — and that suggests an agenda that's more partisan than altruistic.

(emphasis mine)

1. Citizens are opposed.

3. A Democrat strategy.

Nice very nice

On a scale of importance, it would still be a non-starter.

Do you know what the difference between a sample ballot and a ballot are?

I doubt it. Most of the clowns who make a big deal of this sort of thing believe that a voter registration form is the same as a ballot too.

Does this one count?

(emphasis mine)

1. Citizens are opposed.

3. A Democrat strategy.

Allowing felons to vote is a delicate situation because there's nothing in the Constitution that bars prisoners from voting. Currently it's left up to each state to decide, which is probably where the issue will remain.

I don't have a dog in this fight, so please don't put up six pages of 'proof' as to why they should be denied the right to vote. Okay?

Forum List

Back