If you can't control your Children, it's YOUR Problem... Not McDonald's.

calories are only bad if not burned.
My kids played sports beginning at 4 and through college and usually had body fat under 10%.

are you kidding? it matters what the calories are made of. I really hope you didn't let your kids eat fast food that much assuming you want them to live past 40. low body fat doesn't stop cancer

And fast food doesn't cause it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

keep thinking that

kfc-doubledown4.jpg

:)

peace...

So guys, I think everyone got off target here. What people are pissed about is the flagrant, disgusting marketing to children for these unhealthy foods by trying to lure them in with toys so that they'll pester their parents to go. I don't think marketers should be able to advertise directly to young, impressionable children who cannot make informed decisions for themselves. What do you think?

Hooked on McDonald's at Age 3 - TIME

That is disgusting. Seriously... who would EAT that crap?
BTW, Did anyone hear Patton Oswalt's rant on that gross KFC bowl? Hilarious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANqe3DTDg8M]YouTube - Patton Oswalt-KFC Famous bowls[/ame]

So guys, I think everyone got off target here. What people are pissed about is the flagrant, disgusting marketing to children for these unhealthy foods by trying to lure them in with toys so that they'll pester their parents to go. I don't think marketers should be able to advertise directly to young, impressionable children who cannot make informed decisions for themselves. What do you think?

nope, its still the parent's fault, they just need to tell the kid no and when they get to 7-10 explain to them why and show them how bad the food is for them

I think it should be illegal. It's just wrong. Another example of corporations taking advantage and exploiting people. So, what about when the parents aren't around. You DO know that many middle and high schools have these awful fast food restaurants catering lunch, right? It ain't right, I tell ya.

No children cant, BUT the parents who take them there and buy the happy meals CAN.

I think it should be illegal. It's just wrong. Another example of corporations taking advantage and exploiting people. So, what about when the parents aren't around. You DO know that many middle and high schools have these awful fast food restaurants catering lunch, right? It ain't right, I tell ya.

you DO KNOW that you can BRING lunch to school right? my kids have and will never eat any crap cafeteria food. its called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. by the time a kid is in high school a responsible parent would have made sure numerous times over that the kid knew the risks and dangers of eating that crap.

How about we not let parents have televisions? That would solve the marketing problem, again parental choice of allowing their children to WATCH the adds to begin with. And besides why are we starting childrens lives out as couch potatoes?

Get your kid out from in front of the TV!...

Or say "No" to them.

It's not really that Fucking Difficult unless you are trying to get your kids to "like" you instead of Respect and Love you.

peace...

It's sad that anyone can be a parent, but you need a license to fish. Man oh man...something's wrong here!

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
we will see how this comes out.... I know there have been rulings where companies have been liable for sorta similar things....the cigarette industry used "Joe Camel" to entice our youth in to smoking and they used things like neon colors that attracted our youth in the packaging of cigarettes and were held liable I believe....

companies selling alcohol, were limited in their advertising that was directed at our youth....

etc.

So, even though parents were parenting, those two things above come to mind....

we will see how this comes out.... I know there have been rulings where companies have been liable for sorta similar things....the cigarette industry used "Joe Camel" to entice our youth in to smoking and they used things like neon colors that attracted our youth in the packaging of cigarettes and were held liable I believe....

companies selling alcohol, were limited in their advertising that was directed at our youth....

etc.

Fair enough.

So how about MD's takes the toy out of its ad campaigns, leaves the toy in the box and the box gets a surgeon generals label.

etc.

And how is the Rate of Drinking amongst Youth since then workin' out for ya?... :lol:

peace...

etc.

And how is the Rate of Drinking amongst Youth since then workin' out for ya?... :lol:

peace...

teenage drinking has been going down, so it's working great

How's that dopey and derangey thing working out for you?

I suppose you may not understand what a civil suit is....?

I suppose you didn't get my point....? I was referring to more government involvement (Surgeon General). Just we need...more government regulations, more government departments to enforce them, etc.

Forum List

Back