If you can't control your Children, it's YOUR Problem... Not McDonald's.

A parent say no to a child? You promoting child abuse or sumpthin?

How true - parents can't look at their children cross-eyed these days without being charged with child abuse. Parents are caught up in all kinds of laws that deny them the ability to raise their children. Children's rights top parental rights these days.

I do agree though that people, children and adults as well, should greatly curtail their visits to fast food places. I think the inability to cook comes in part from the Womens Movement. They all wanted to march to work and prove their manhood ... besides it's always easier to call the caterer. And look at all the frozen dinners that's available to them.

Not giving into your Child starts when they are Young...

It's really not that Difficult, but some People have a Need to NOT Upset a Toddler...

As Lazy as it is Ignorant and Self-Centered.

Children who don't have Barriers grow up to be Burdens on Society.

:)

peace...

You talk out of both sides of your mouth. One post you're all

I don't Know of any Conservative Parents who want something done about it...

Then you turn around, like the lying hypocrit all conservatives are, with a long list things Conservative Parents want the govt to do for them

When my kids were little I used to buy them a Happy Meal and they would eat two frys then play with the toy. I always ended up eating the burger

I think drive thru lanes at fast food joints should be banned.

Why do you hate freedom?

LOL, Yep some "freedom".

the freedom to respond to your corporate programming.

No, the freedom to go to pick up a bite in your jammies with barefoot kids if you need to.

I have no problem telling my kids they aren't getting a happy meal when we go to Mickey D's. I tell them ahead of time. It's easy. But they do love the happy meals.

They always get milk and apple slices with theirs; they aren't that bad. WallyBaba is cheeseburger, ketchup only, chocolate milk and apple slices. LillyBaba is nuggets, apple slices and regular milk.

They split the nuggets and I get LillyBaba a fish sandwich, because that's what she likes. She eats about half of it.

The chicken nuggets are dubious, but two each isn't going to kill them. The bread is okay; ketchup is okay, the meat is good and so is the fish. The cheese and the mayo aren't great, but neither of them eats enough of it to matter.

What ever happened to eating out was a TREAT.

If the parents take the kids to MD its the parents fault
If the parent buys the food and give it to the kid, its the parents fault.
If the kid is overweight its the parents fault for taking them to MD's in the first place.

Parental choices, bottom line.

what a bunch of pussies on both side.
Macdonalds sells billions of dollars of food because it taste good and it's cheap. My kids ate all the fast food they wanted. All the ice cream and sweets they could jam down thier pieholes till they were full.

Eating out is still a treat in my family. It's nice to be lazy on occassion ... hitting your favorite restaurant to have someone else cook, serve and clean up.

When I was a kid, my parents would take us to McDonalds after the 4:00 Mass at our church. Usually once a month or two. That was a big deal and a OH so special treat!

I'm not programmed by the machine.
People who monotone endlessly about "the machine" are pretty scary, though.

calories are only bad if not burned.
My kids played sports beginning at 4 and through college and usually had body fat under 10%.

Not programmed by the machine? Commercials and such do not impact your decisions?

Rare is the occasion that a commercial a) captures my attention long enough for me to process what they are selling and b) works.

It took several years of Goya product commercials before I actually paid enough attention to them and thought 'hmmm, I wonder if their stuff is any good'. Their beans and rice side dishes are tasty. They were one of the exceptions.

calories are only bad if not burned.
My kids played sports beginning at 4 and through college and usually had body fat under 10%.

So would you agree that it is the parents fault that

1- the child is fat
2- the child is not getting enough exercise
3- that the parent is the one providing the calories

None of which is MD's fault. Which is why having the government mandating what is in MD's food or how it is packaged is crazy.

Parental responsibility for their children. Is that to much to ask or expect?

that's exactly my point, parents always want to blame someone else. Get the fat ass kids off the sofa fat ass parent

Yep and lib or con does not matter.
Don't interfere with my kids raising but if he/she turns out bad it is not my fault.

Not all of them but the vast majority anyway.

There's a big to do in Congress because with school out for the summer kids are not being fed.Parents responsibility for feeding the children that they can't afford to feed but they keep having them anyway zero.They are governments responsibility ergo the taxpayers.Kids eat too much bad food,parents responsibility,zero.They are the governments responsibility and by that we mean the taxpayers.Do you see the pattern here?

Last edited:
There's a big to do in Congress because with school out for the summer kids are not being fed.Parents responsibility for feeding the children that they can't afford to feed but they keep having them anyway zero.They are governments responsibility ergo the taxpayers.Kids eat too much bad food,parents responsibility,zero.They are the governments responsibility and by that we mean the taxpayers.Do you see the pattern here?

It is a love hate thing. Most like for the govt to make decisions for them, that way they can always moan and whine about what the govt does and take no responsibility themselves.

Forum List

Back