"If you can talk you can Breathe...Oops" Man dies after being suffocated by Security

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010

Of course instead of letting up on the one guy who was by himself being held down by three security guards. They instead determine in their minds that what someone says doesnt matter. They're logic beats reality "If you can talk you can breathe" then they guy loses consciousness.

Man, like, if only you backed up a bit after the cries for help...but...nopes.

Of course instead of letting up on the one guy who was by himself being held down by three security guards. They instead determine in their minds that what someone says doesnt matter. They're logic beats reality "If you can talk you can breathe" then they guy loses consciousness.

Man, like, if only you backed up a bit after the cries for help...but...nopes.

It's the new fad in protective services, saving the taxpayers monies at the possible incarceration of the individual.....the conservative equivalent of water boarding...It's not really torture, just like this case is not really murder...

Is this a recycled story from the beginning of the year? Whats up with that? Seems like we see lots of stories here presented as current events that are months old. If this is the same incident that took place in January 2014 why is it being presented as current?

Is this a recycled story from the beginning of the year? Whats up with that? Seems like we see lots of stories here presented as current events that are months old. If this is the same incident that took place in January 2014 why is it being presented as current?

Thats what got your goat? This was just published the other day but I did find a follow story

Mall Security Guards Who Killed Unarmed Black Man Won't Be Charged

A prosecutor announced Thursday that no criminal charges will be brought in the case of an unarmed black man killed while being restrained by mall security guards.

McKenzie Cochran, 25, died at the Northland Mall in the Detroit suburb of Southfield in January. A day after he had been asked to leave the building over suspicious behavior, Cochran returned and reportedly told a worker at a mall jewelry store that he wanted to kill someone. The worker called security, and when Cochran wouldn't leave, guards pepper-sprayed and restrained him. He struggled on the ground as three officers held him for several minutes, one with a knee in his back.

Cell phone video shows Cochran crying out and saying, "I can't breathe," as shown in footage above from local outlet WJBK. He also asked for bystanders to call 911 and said he was dying.

"Stop resisting," a guard repeated several times during the incident, captured in a longer cell phone video from a bystander:

The Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office ruled Cochran's death an accident in March, naming the cause of death as position compression asphyxia.

If a lib can, they have no problem going back 200 years. One year is a pittance.

Even a year ago, it was a bad idea to go to a mall and do something to attract the attention of security. Once having attracted the attention of security, it is a bad idea to fight with three of them.

Thats what got your goat? This was just published the other day but I did find a follow story

A prosecutor announced Thursday that no criminal charges will be brought in the case of an unarmed black man killed while being restrained by mall security guards.

McKenzie Cochran, 25, died at the Northland Mall in the Detroit suburb of Southfield in January. A day after he had been asked to leave the building over suspicious behavior, Cochran returned and reportedly told a worker at a mall jewelry store that he wanted to kill someone. The worker called security, and when Cochran wouldn't leave, guards pepper-sprayed and restrained him. He struggled on the ground as three officers held him for several minutes, one with a knee in his back.

Cell phone video shows Cochran crying out and saying, "I can't breathe," as shown in footage above from local outlet WJBK. He also asked for bystanders to call 911 and said he was dying.

"Stop resisting," a guard repeated several times during the incident, captured in a longer cell phone video from a bystander:

The Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office ruled Cochran's death an accident in March, naming the cause of death as position compression asphyxia.

And who says that euthanasia is dead for the rednecks?

Thurswell confirmed that a witness to Cochran's death, Akil Copeland, was giving a statement to Southfield police. Copeland told WJBK that he had offered to give Cochran CPR at the mall before his death but security guards refused his help.

"They told me that I was being troublesome, I was causing a problem by asking for the man's well-being," Copeland told WJBK. "I don't know, maybe I could have saved him."

The above is from the article. If indeed that was found to be accurate, I would say the guard who refused his help should be held culpable, if indeed the man had stopped breathing at that point, and the guards themselves did not start cpr.

The statement 'before his death', doesn't make much sense, though.

When news sites or agencies need to fill gaps they just find old stories.

Sounds like the man was stupid to be stupid. Maybe he should not have been stupid.

Sounds like the man was stupid to be stupid. Maybe he should not have been stupid.

When it happens to one of your folks I'm sure you'll have the same response. Oh and I know you will....in hypothetical land

When it happens to one of your folks I'm sure you'll have the same response. Oh and I know you will....in hypothetical land

My concern or outrage would be somewhat muted if one of my folks was at the mall threatening to kill people.

Paraphrasing CIA director Michael Hayden.

My concern or outrage would be somewhat muted if one of my folks was at the mall threatening to kill people.

Paraphrasing CIA director Michael Hayden.

I know, thats what I said, In hypothetical world everything is cool

My folks wouldn't be acting stupid like that.

I know, he would be smart and not invite guys to sit on him until he dies

Forum List

Back