If you believe the media, Christianity is dying, and yet...

I have to wonder do people think we procreate in heaven, what do we need a physical body for, to eat and drink somewhere else in the universe, so we will have to grocery shop, do dishes, and bathe, WHAT DO WE DO?? in heaven?

Unless you believe Jesus is the Son of God, the only way to the Father, you don't have to worry about that, Penny. I say this to your benefit--I hope.

I have to wonder do people think we procreate in heaven, what do we need a physical body for, to eat and drink somewhere else in the universe, so we will have to grocery shop, do dishes, and bathe, WHAT DO WE DO?? in heaven?

Unless you believe Jesus is the Son of God, the only way to the Father, you don't have to worry about that, Penny. I say this to your benefit--I hope.
So, are you an Arianist?

Tell me all knowing one, is there sex in heaven and do we have more kids , do we eat and drink, go grocery shopping and bathe. I certainty don't want to sit on my butt all day and worship.

So, are you an Arianist?

What makes you think that, in what I said?

Tell me all knowing one, is there sex in heaven and do we have more kids , do we eat and drink, go grocery shopping and bathe. I certainty don't want to sit on my butt all day and worship.

In Heaven there is no marriage and no being "given in marriage" (Luke 20:34). So since there is no sin in heaven, and sex outside of marriage is a sin, I'm given to believe there is no sex either. But at any rate we won't have the bodies we do now; we will have "glorified bodies"--who knows what kind or form those will take.

If you can't imagine wanting to worship God, Penny, you most certainly do not have a heart for Him, which means you don't believe and are not saved. Pray to know Jesus Christ so you can go to heaven and not hell when Judgment comes.

In Heaven there is no marriage and no being "given in marriage" (Luke 20:34). So since there is no sin in heaven, and sex outside of marriage is a sin, I'm given to believe there is no sex either. But at any rate we won't have the bodies we do now; we will have "glorified bodies"--who knows what kind or form those will take.

If you can't imagine wanting to worship God, Penny, you most certainly do not have a heart for Him, which means you don't believe and are not saved. Pray to know Jesus Christ so you can go to heaven and not hell when Judgment comes.

Sounds like a useless life to me. Floating on a cloud and praising Jesus. I wonder if I can go on assignments like Mrs. Merkle? I will need to do something besides just exist. Do you think so??

...when I go to Mass on Sunday, the pews are full.

And my Church has five Masses every weekend. I would say over 1000 people attend each Mass.

And I've been going to daily Mass, when Catholics aren't even required to go, and still there's at least 100 people there.

So news of the death of Christianity has been much exaggerated.
The Catholic Church in particular is dying

They can’t even find enough priests
No losss. Idolatry is dying.....Hail Maria.OTOH the saved ( those who believe-sozo) are increasing and seeking the truth. The Truth being we are a bunch of fuckups.....as Yeshua well understood.... in his few decades here. Here is where the road is wide yet the gate is narrow.Beads and suits wont get you home. Believing, in your heart, will.

And I've been going to daily Mass, when Catholics aren't even required to go, and still there's at least 100 people there.
I go to daily Mass at 6:30 a.m. While there are seniors, many are adults who go to Mass before going to work. It is not unusual to see teens. There is always over fifty of us there, some days close to a hundred. The later daily Mass at 8:30 a.m. still has seniors as well, but also young mothers, often with their children. The numbers are about the same as 6:30 a.m.--between fifty and a hundred.

Sounds like a useless life to me. Floating on a cloud and praising Jesus. I wonder if I can go on assignments like Mrs. Merkle? I will need to do something besides just exist. Do you think so??
In this life God asks that we know Him, love Him, and serve Him--and to love others as much as we love ourselves. I don't imagine heaven as floating on a cloud. I imagine it as being in God's service, whatever and wherever He sends me.

And my Church has five Masses every weekend. I would say over 1000 people attend each Mass.

How many people there are younger than 55? Be honest.

In my church? Quite a few. But then, my church preaches Jesus, and not Social Justice. You can get Social Justice on the internet. You really only get Jesus in from fellow Believers, in Church.
Jesus and Social Justice are contradictory?

Look around you next sunday and try to tell me afterwards that the pews aren't all full of simpletons. They need to give meaning to their lives, and this is the only thing they cam come up with.

Just curious, what do you drop in the plate when you go?

You know what I think, and this is just based on what I have seen… I think that the old, stale and unbiblical denominations are the ones that are dying. But the churches I go to are not only packed every Sunday, but are consistently growing.

So yeah, the reports may be partially true, but they are misleading, because it’s the dead old churches (that don’t even truly follow Jesus) that are dying.

Yep. No true Scotsman would believe churches were failing.

Since you don’t understand the difference between alive churches and dead churches, there’s no use even talking to you on this topic, you have zero understanding.

The outward American appearance of Christianity, aka cultural Christianity, is indeed dying in the Western world. What this does is purify those that remain, as they cannot rely on the culture to sustain an illusion of Godliness. As a result, the Church becomes both smaller and stronger. Expect African and South American missionaries to make an impact on Europe and America.

How much do you really want to know? There's a lot to know and I could write a lot about it, but I wonder how curious you really are.

The first thing you should worry about us where you're going to be, and only after that worry about what you're going to do.

In this life God asks that we know Him, love Him, and serve Him--and to love others as much as we love ourselves. I don't imagine heaven as floating on a cloud. I imagine it as being in God's service, whatever and wherever He sends me.

We'll be busy. Boredom will not be a problem.

Why don't you ask the Lord what happens in Heaven?

How many people there are younger than 55? Be honest.

In my church? Quite a few. But then, my church preaches Jesus, and not Social Justice. You can get Social Justice on the internet. You really only get Jesus in from fellow Believers, in Church.
Jesus and Social Justice are contradictory?

Jesus' message of loving our neighbors and voluntarily using our resources to bless them does seem incompatible with empowering the government to use force to take money from others to give to yourself

Look around you next sunday and try to tell me afterwards that the pews aren't all full of simpletons. They need to give meaning to their lives, and this is the only thing they cam come up with.

Just curious, what do you drop in the plate when you go?

Why? Are you going to be there?

Forum List

Back