If you believe the media, Christianity is dying, and yet...

I have to wonder do people think we procreate in heaven, what do we need a physical body for, to eat and drink somewhere else in the universe, so we will have to grocery shop, do dishes, and bathe, WHAT DO WE DO?? in heaven?

Unless you believe Jesus is the Son of God, the only way to the Father, you don't have to worry about that, Penny. I say this to your benefit--I hope.

Tell me all knowing one, is there sex in heaven and do we have more kids , do we eat and drink, go grocery shopping and bathe. I certainty don't want to sit on my butt all day and worship.

Why don't you ask the Lord what happens in Heaven?

So I in my mind can make it up?? I have never heard voices except from myself.

...when I go to Mass on Sunday, the pews are full.

And my Church has five Masses every weekend. I would say over 1000 people attend each Mass.

And I've been going to daily Mass, when Catholics aren't even required to go, and still there's at least 100 people there.

So news of the death of Christianity has been much exaggerated.
Look around you next sunday and try to tell me afterwards that the pews aren't all full of simpletons. They need to give meaning to their lives, and this is the only thing they cam come up with.

Just curious, what do you drop in the plate when you go?

Why? Are you going to be there?
Hey Look!! Ava made a funny!! :biggrin:

Answer: no, I don't have to, it's a mormon church. :04:

Last edited:

And my Church has five Masses every weekend. I would say over 1000 people attend each Mass.

And I've been going to daily Mass, when Catholics aren't even required to go, and still there's at least 100 people there.

How many people there are younger than 55? Be honest.

In my church? Quite a few. But then, my church preaches Jesus, and not Social Justice. You can get Social Justice on the internet. You really only get Jesus in from fellow Believers, in Church.
Jesus and Social Justice are contradictory?

Jesus' message of loving our neighbors and voluntarily using our resources to bless them does seem incompatible with empowering the government to use force to take money from others to give to yourself

That's true. Empowering the government to "help" others under threat of force is not charity.

Cons will, on the one hand, INSIST that the USA IS a "christian nation" by claiming "MOST Americans ARE christians!"

Then, on the other hand, they will steadfastly deny that liberals/progressives/democrats/moderates/rinos and everyone else who isn't "one of them" is NOT a REAL christian at all!

And they will believe BOTH those 2 counter statements!

How many people are religious in America?
Christianity is the most adhered to religion in the United States, with 75% of polled American adults identifying themselves as Christian in 2015. This is down from 85% in 1990, lower than 81.6% in 2001, and slightly lower than 78% in 2012

I am certain that YOU will misinterpret that 75% to mean that 3/4's of the country are CONSERVATIVES!

silly con

Cons will, on the one hand, INSIST that the USA IS a "christian nation" by claiming "MOST Americans ARE christians!"

Then, on the other hand, they will steadfastly deny that liberals/progressives/democrats/moderates/rinos and everyone else who isn't "one of them" is NOT a REAL christian at all!

Christianity is the most adhered to religion in the United States, with 75% of polled American adults identifying themselves as Christian in 2015. This is down from 85% in 1990, lower than 81.6% in 2001, and slightly lower than 78% in 2012

I am certain that YOU will misinterpret that 75% to mean that 3/4's of the country are CONSERVATIVES!

silly con

America, by default, is a culturally Christian nation. It is not a Christian nation in any other sense of the word--in any way that counts.

There is fallout when that happens. Look around here. Look at Europe.

silly con

Politics =/= Christianity.

Most people realize that. The others, well...

I have to wonder do people think we procreate in heaven, what do we need a physical body for, to eat and drink somewhere else in the universe, so we will have to grocery shop, do dishes, and bathe, WHAT DO WE DO?? in heaven?

Unless you believe Jesus is the Son of God, the only way to the Father, you don't have to worry about that, Penny. I say this to your benefit--I hope.

Tell me all knowing one, is there sex in heaven and do we have more kids , do we eat and drink, go grocery shopping and bathe. I certainty don't want to sit on my butt all day and worship.

Why don't you ask the Lord what happens in Heaven?

So I in my mind can make it up?? I have never heard voices except from myself.

No. So you can learn from God.

I know you haven’t recognized the Still Small Voice of the Spirit. Maybe it’s time you started Listening for Him

Look around you next sunday and try to tell me afterwards that the pews aren't all full of simpletons. They need to give meaning to their lives, and this is the only thing they cam come up with.

So you don’t have to go to Blackrooks catholic congregation because it’s Mormon?

silly con

Who said progressives aren’t Christians? Some are. They are just completely ignorant of the actual doctrines of Christ.

None of that changes the judeo-Christian roots of our Republic

So you don’t have to go to Blackrooks catholic congregation because it’s Mormon?
So do you drop extra money at church or just the 10% of your salary?

Desperate to change the subject eh?

I've never heard of that congregation, but if it's mormon, they probably wouldn't let me in.

silly con

Who said progressives aren’t Christians? Some are. They are just completely ignorant of the actual doctrines of Christ.

None of that changes the judeo-Christian roots of our Republic

Remember the Christians didn't want the Jews here during the from the 1930's on . It was never a Judeo Christian nation till 1950, when Israel self declared themselves a state.

That's one of his/her favorite tactics, highjack a thread into talking about giving.

You know what I think, and this is just based on what I have seen… I think that the old, stale and unbiblical denominations are the ones that are dying. But the churches I go to are not only packed every Sunday, but are consistently growing.

So yeah, the reports may be partially true, but they are misleading, because it’s the dead old churches (that don’t even truly follow Jesus) that are dying.
I would say Christianity is dying in the West. On the other hand, thriving in Africa.
IMO, it is the Christians in the pews that have let the churches and God down. When they are in church and with their own kind they praise God and all appear happy. When they (me, too) are with their families there is a lot of dissension and even unforgiveness, when they are in the world they are indistinguishable from the heathens and the hedonists.

That's one of his/her favorite tactics, highjack a thread into talking about giving.

Pretty much. He says stupid stuff. Is called on it and he changes the subject

I just answered your question. You didn't answer mine. That's called dishonesty. Now you have to ask for forgiveness.

I just answered your question. You didn't answer mine. That's called dishonesty. Now you have to ask for forgiveness.

I’m not sure you understand how dishonesty works

My church has been around the same for 30 years. I know everybody and they're like family.

No growth or shrinkage, just around the same amount of the same people.

(Unless it's Christmas or Easter)

I’m not sure you understand how dishonesty works
That's a funny way to ask for forgiveness. But not to worry, you can be a total fuck-up and then repent on your dying day and it's all good.:biggrin:

Forum List

Back