If You are Pro-Choice, can You be a Conservative?

If you are pro-choice, can you be a conservative?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
And you say it's an individual...others disagree. And I think that's the point.

others are fucking stupid idiots with no knowledge of science and liars who deny the FACT that we are dealing with a distinct human life

They are cowards who cannot admit what they are doing and defend their position, so they hide behind lies- and use lies to get SCOTUS to rule in their favor

Roe v. Wade being bad interpretation of constitutional law = Conservative.

Ergo abortion law should be left to the states, irregardless of their end policies = Conservative.

Abhorring federal law over what is clearly a states powers issue = Conservative.

Swaying people through reason rather than compulsion = Conservative.

I'm sorry, but I can't let that one go...

Almost burst out laughing the other day when my "highly educated", double my salary boss spit that one out in a meeting.... :lol:

They are cowards who cannot admit what they are doing and defend their position, so they hide behind lies- and use lies to get SCOTUS to rule in their favor

*yawn* save the hysterical fonts for someone who cares, k? they don't impress me, don't make you right and make you look ridiculous.

ultimately, i don't care about your opinino on when life begins. different belief systems have different beliefs as to that issue. it's an individual and personal thing and all your big bold letters don't make it anything else.

again, you chose to ignore the fact that the U.S. is one of the few places on the planet where people like you politicize the issue. perhaps that speaks more to the lunacy of the religious right here than anything else.

now be kind enough to govern your own body and not others'.

thanks.

The irony of this question is three quarters of the conservatives I know are pro choice. But so often we assume republicans are conservatives, so maybe that number would be reduced if we categorized people on a greed scale.

Many republicans are republicans because of taxes and the myth republicans are good for businesses and monied people. Republicans are good for the wealthy and the corporations all the others can go to Hades. People with money sure as heck don't want to support the hordes born if everyone allowed life to form each month or year.

That is the great paradox of republicans today, since they are a party of extremists, on one hand the religious moralists and on the other the greedy manipulators. They'll never solve that one.

Somehow, I just knew this was going to be just another pro-choice/pro-life debate/argument rather than an answer to the OP question.

Somehow, I just knew this was going to be just another pro-choice/pro-life debate/argument rather than an answer to the OP question.

I think the OP *was* answered. If you call yourself a conservative, you should be a true conservative in the sense that Goldwater was and stay the heck out of people's bedrooms and bodies.

That was pretty succinct. And then the so-called conservatives start ranting. Not much to do about that. ;)

The irony of this question is three quarters of the conservatives I know are pro choice. But so often we assume republicans are conservatives, so maybe that number would be reduced if we categorized people on a greed scale.

Many republicans are republicans because of taxes and the myth republicans are good for businesses and monied people. Republicans are good for the wealthy and the corporations all the others can go to Hades. People with money sure as heck don't want to support the hordes born if everyone allowed life to form each month or year.

That is the great paradox of republicans today, since they are a party of extremists, on one hand the religious moralists and on the other the greedy manipulators. They'll never solve that one.

Ah, there it is. Republicans are extremists. Democrats are what?

ultimately, i don't care about your opinino on when life begins. different belief systems have different beliefs as to that issue.

It's not an opinion, you stupid **** ;)

There's this thing called 'science'- look into it.

it's an individual and personal thing

No, it's not. It's an established fact that science defines life and that an unborn child is a living human organism. Try admitting to what you want to do and defending your position if you want to be taken seriously.
again, you chose to ignore the fact that the U.S. is one of the few places on the planet where people like you politicize the issue. perhaps that speaks more to the lunacy of the religious right here than anything else.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you for demonstrating how fucking stupid you are with that assumption.

now be kind enough to govern your own body and not others'.

Back at ya- do what ya will your own body and life; in the meantime, feel free to join the smart people in this discussion when you know what you're talkng about

I repeat my initial response:

How are we defining 'conservative' for the purposes of this discussion/question?

Not that I'm our friend Jilly's greatest fan, but I do not believe it's permissible to describe people here with the four-letter word that you chose to utilize...or so states our admin ;)

EDIT: Hmmm. A search of the forum reveals 495 recorded uses, several of them my own. I guess it's up to individual moderator discretion now...:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
It's not an opinion

of course it is.

as for everything else you ranted.... sound and fury signifying nothing. not a single point responding to what i said.

now tell us where else it's a political issue where the country isn't a theocracy.

i'll wait.

although i do love how you wingnut freaks love defending "life" by calling women who disagree with you indefensible names.

as for that whole referring to yourself in the third person thing.... it's pretty much indicia of some type of mental illness... you should look into it.

Last edited:
It's not an opinion

of course it is.
[/quotes]

Actually, it's a scientific fact, no matter how much you might want to deny it or use rep to attack me for it

. not a single point responding to what i said.

Actually, it's you who refuses to address my point or attempt a refutation of the facts.

An unborn child is human and alive by definition- by definition, we are dealing with human lives

now tell us where else it's a political issue where the country isn't a theocracy.

:lol:

You don't know what a theocracy is

although i do love how you wingnut freaks love defending "life" by calling women who disagree with you indefensible names.

it's perfectly defensible
a person (usually but not necessarily a woman) who is thoroughly disliked

of course it is.

Honestly, while his demeanor certainly leaves a lot to be desired, he's right. A fetus is a form of "human life," in that it's simply a member of the species homo sapiens. It's not a dog life or a pig life; it's a human life. The real point of contention should be centered around whether the fetus is a person, which you perhaps considered "human life" synonymous with anyway...

I think the OP *was* answered. If you call yourself a conservative, you should be a true conservative in the sense that Goldwater was and stay the heck out of people's bedrooms and bodies.

That was pretty succinct. And then the so-called conservatives start ranting. Not much to do about that. ;)

Sorry, but from where I'm sittin', there are as many liberals ranting as conservatives, and like a couple of us said previously -- nothing is going to be accomplished by it. They just keep doin' it though -- like the mouse tryin' to find his way through to maze to the cheese.

The right to control one's own body is about as CONSERVATIVE a principle as one can find.

It's not your body that you're killing; you cannot avoid that scientific fact with all the propaganda and spin in the world

If it's YOUR womb, sport, it's YOUR body.

And you think you're a conservative, too, don't you?

You're not. Not remotely.

You are a perfect example of the authoritarian control freaking self-proclaiming conservative hypocrite I'm talking about.

You want to give the government the right to tell women what to do with their own bodies?!

Do you hate women or is the fact that they had sex what really gets your panties in a bunch?

Their bodies, their decision.

Doesn't get anymore idologically conservative than that, sport.

ultimately, i don't care about your opinino on when life begins. different belief systems have different beliefs as to that issue.

It's not an opinion, you stupid **** ;)

There's this thing called 'science'- look into it.

it's an individual and personal thing

No, it's not. It's an established fact that science defines life and that an unborn child is a living human organism. Try admitting to what you want to do and defending your position if you want to be taken seriously.

Thank you for demonstrating how fucking stupid you are with that assumption.

Back at ya- do what ya will your own body and life; in the meantime, feel free to join the smart people in this discussion when you know what you're talkng about

I repeat my initial response:

How are we defining 'conservative' for the purposes of this discussion/question?

Did you feel it necessary to include your battle with Jillian in your response to me? If so, why? If you can answer that, I might entertain the idea of responding from my point of view.

Forum List

Back