If/when the next economic crisis hits, how would republicans respond?

YAWN

when you say "Bush recession" you ought toat least be able to say what bush policies you blame for the recession that you Democrats didn't vote FOR repeatedly; with literally thousands of Democrat Party votesfor thewhole 8 bush years

how about it moron?

you just want to make long-winded rants that embarrass yourself wallowingin omission, talkingpoints, and denial?

or do you want to talk ACTUAL FACTS AND THE HISTORICAL RECORD??
I think Bush's lack of regulation policies is what partially led to the recession.
There was no lack of regulation. Everything was as regulated or more as it was under Clinton.
You're problem is that what you know just isnt true. That's why you're a Triple Zero.

Another recyclued failed thread from BIlly Triple Fail. Hey, Billy. This thread failed when you posted it what, 4 months ago?
For the record, the Democrats' approach has produced the worst recovery post war on record. So if we do the opposite we'll be fine.
Another recyclued failed thread from BIlly Triple Fail. Hey, Billy. This thread failed when you posted it what, 4 months ago?
For the record, the Democrats' approach has produced the worst recovery post war on record. So if we do the opposite we'll be fine.
You moron, the great recession was the worst since the great depression. Obviously it would take longer to recover from it. God youre dumb.

You really must not care what people know about you.

In my short time on this board, I've watched thread after thread you've posted (all aimed at republicans (of which I am not one) get shoved back down your throat. People know you are a fraud.

It wasn't the worst economic downturn since the great depression. Some places in the country almost felt nothing. Keep lying and more people really are going to be ignoring you stupid posts.

You calling someone else dumb is dripping with irony.

BTW....
Can you tell me which part of the country that did not felt the depression?

There was no depression...it was the recession of 2008.

Let me try again. Tell me what part of this country that did not felt the RECESSION / DEPRESSION/ HARDSHIP?

Parts of the Midwest.

Unemployment went up by about a point.

WE ALL KNOW how this works. idiot leftist cries about the "Bush recession"

idiot leftist is reminded Democrats voted for every Bush policy for all 8 years and continued nearly every one after Bush left office

idiot leftist makes asinine excuse how his Party somehow had to vote FOR things they were against; with various pathetic excuses

All the while having a majority in congress. How does that work exactly?

You moron, the great recession was the worst since the great depression. Obviously it would take longer to recover from it. God youre dumb.

You really must not care what people know about you.

In my short time on this board, I've watched thread after thread you've posted (all aimed at republicans (of which I am not one) get shoved back down your throat. People know you are a fraud.

It wasn't the worst economic downturn since the great depression. Some places in the country almost felt nothing. Keep lying and more people really are going to be ignoring you stupid posts.

You calling someone else dumb is dripping with irony.

BTW....
Can you tell me which part of the country that did not felt the depression?

There was no depression...it was the recession of 2008.

Let me try again. Tell me what part of this country that did not felt the RECESSION / DEPRESSION/ HARDSHIP?

Parts of the Midwest.

Unemployment went up by about a point.

Parts of mid west is a very large area. I would assume you have nothing to show. County Or a link or something?
Here in Key Biscayne there's no such thing as recession or depression. Lots of retirees here do not collect their SS benefits. HOWEVER..... Business owners like me was impacted by the recession. I can't say I did not felt the recession.

Ok why can't any republicans here explain how repubs would respond to the crisis?

The response by Republicans to any crisis is always the same

Slash taxes on the wealthy

Ok why can't any republicans here explain how repubs would respond to the crisis?

1. Cut taxes on the "Job Creators".

2. Deregulate, deregulate, deregulate.

3. Pray.
Actually the GOP will do that regardless because we've seen what the opposite produces: the worst recovery on record post WW2, stagnation, declining household wealth.
The best thing the GOP can do is nothing and let the recession work its way out. The more gov't interferes trying to "fix" recessions, the worse the recovery afterwards. Coolidge showed us how to deal with this in the 1921 Depression that wasnt and Obama has shown how not to deal with it in the Bush Recession/Obama Depression of 2008 and following.

The Great Bush Recession saw the loss of 8 million jobs in less than 9 months. Let's explore a hypothetical: pretend republicans take control over the White House and legislative branch after the start of another colossal economic crisis (never mind which party is to blame for causing it).

How would republicans address it? Because we already have a precedent for it, let's pretend in this new economic crisis causes the loss of 8 million private jobs in under a year.

We already know what they WON'T do:

1) Extend unemployment benefits to the millions who lost their jobs to the crisis

2) Expand income tax credits for the poor to provide relief

3) Increase food stamp spending to the millions of children who already depend on the program (83% of funding for food stamps goes to households with one dependent living in the household).

4) Increase the federal minimum wage by a few dollars (18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour).

We do know what republicans would do:

1) Lower taxes on the wealthy. Of course, this measure has proven over and over to be useless in creating jobs for the lower classes because it is just easier for these "job creators" to keep most of the money they save rather than invest. There is a reason we have billionaires. Bush's tax cuts did jack shit of course. Job growth under Bush was pathetic and the Great Recession happened anyway in the last 4 months he was in office.

2) Deregulate the market. Regulations do very little to harm job growth. The BLS statistics prove that.

3) Uh, what else is there? Yeah, nothing. That's all republicans in power would do to fix the problem.

After the crisis of 2008, Obama extended unemployment benefits to the millions who abruptly lost their jobs and provided a solid tax cut to the middle class. This resulted in a boost to consumer spending that created jobs. 3 million private jobs alone were created from both of these measures (according to the CBO).

CBO Stimulus added up to 3.3M jobs - Josh Boak - POLITICO.com

Do republicans have better options on the table than that? No.
OP asks question then answers it.

Suicidal Thread

3. Pray.
Actually the GOP will do that regardless because we've seen what the opposite produces: the worst recovery on record post WW2, stagnation, declining household wealth.
The best thing the GOP can do is nothing and let the recession work its way out. The more gov't interferes trying to "fix" recessions, the worse the recovery afterwards. Coolidge showed us how to deal with this in the 1921 Depression that wasnt and Obama has shown how not to deal with it in the Bush Recession/Obama Depression of 2008 and following.
Oh really? So if we get into a job free fall like what happened at the end of 2008 we should just let the dominoes fall huh? Yeah great plan.

The Great Bush Recession saw the loss of 8 million jobs in less than 9 months. Let's explore a hypothetical: pretend republicans take control over the White House and legislative branch after the start of another colossal economic crisis (never mind which party is to blame for causing it).

How would republicans address it? Because we already have a precedent for it, let's pretend in this new economic crisis causes the loss of 8 million private jobs in under a year.

We already know what they WON'T do:

1) Extend unemployment benefits to the millions who lost their jobs to the crisis

2) Expand income tax credits for the poor to provide relief

3) Increase food stamp spending to the millions of children who already depend on the program (83% of funding for food stamps goes to households with one dependent living in the household).

4) Increase the federal minimum wage by a few dollars (18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour).

We do know what republicans would do:

1) Lower taxes on the wealthy. Of course, this measure has proven over and over to be useless in creating jobs for the lower classes because it is just easier for these "job creators" to keep most of the money they save rather than invest. There is a reason we have billionaires. Bush's tax cuts did jack shit of course. Job growth under Bush was pathetic and the Great Recession happened anyway in the last 4 months he was in office.

2) Deregulate the market. Regulations do very little to harm job growth. The BLS statistics prove that.

3) Uh, what else is there? Yeah, nothing. That's all republicans in power would do to fix the problem.

After the crisis of 2008, Obama extended unemployment benefits to the millions who abruptly lost their jobs and provided a solid tax cut to the middle class. This resulted in a boost to consumer spending that created jobs. 3 million private jobs alone were created from both of these measures (according to the CBO).

CBO Stimulus added up to 3.3M jobs - Josh Boak - POLITICO.com

Do republicans have better options on the table than that? No.

Regulations hurt job growth.

That's what our companies are telling us.

Republicans will respond the same way they always do

1. Deny there is a problem
2. Let the economy "fix itself"
3. Use the collapse as an excuse to slash taxes and lay off workers
4. Use the collapse as an excuse to cut welfare payments and unemployment benefits
5. Try to kill Obamacare

3. Pray.
Oh really? So if we get into a job free fall like what happened at the end of 2008 we should just let the dominoes fall huh? Yeah great plan.
Well we saw the alternative has been: eternal recession. Better to get it over quickly and have everything back humming in 18 months with lower deficits than eternally high deficits and high levels of dependence.

4. Use the collapse as an excuse to cut welfare payments and unemployment benefits
5. Try to kill Obamacare
I;d ask for proof of any of that but your penchant for throwing shit around is well known and verified.

3. Pray.

I would agree....it is a great plan.

Let's consider something I watched happen during the so-called "great recession".

Obamabats rolled in and took over banks. The regulators were people who had no idea of what it is that they were doing. They called notes and forced business into bankruptcy. Later on, banks whose books were much worse that those intially foreclosed on....were allowed to remain open to cut down the appearance of total bedlam.

A lot of real estate went under. It would have been a good deal if we could have gotten our hands on it. But much of it was bundled up and sold in 20 and 30 million dollar lots....for pennies on the dollar. Who got to play that game.....those who already had money. Essentially making the rich richer.

I know a gent in CO whose business and grown to a net worth of over 105 million. He owed 80 million through various loans. His bank went under and his notes were called....so he went under. He could have continued had he been allowed....is business was hurting...but he was able to make it.His business was sold to a hedge fund who eventually sold it back to him for about 35 million. It is now worth more than the 105 million it was worth in 2007. His loans are now 45 million less...complements of Uncle Sam. Who ultimately paid for that ?

So....your plans don't look so good Billy.

Letting it fail on it's own is a great idea.

5. Try to kill Obamacare

Or we can use the down economy to justify putting more people on government programs....like Obamacare.

3. Pray.
Well we saw the alternative has been: eternal recession. Better to get it over quickly and have everything back humming in 18 months with lower deficits than eternally high deficits and high levels of dependence.

3. Pray.
Eternal recession? We have seen consistent private job growth since June of 2009. The stimulus reversed that jobs free fall. H

5. Try to kill Obamacare

Or we can use the down economy to justify putting more people on government programs....like Obamacare.

How many federal workers have been added by Obamacare?

None

3. Pray.

I would agree....it is a great plan.

Let's consider something I watched happen during the so-called "great recession".

Obamabats rolled in and took over banks. The regulators were people who had no idea of what it is that they were doing. They called notes and forced business into bankruptcy. Later on, banks whose books were much worse that those intially foreclosed on....were allowed to remain open to cut down the appearance of total bedlam.

A lot of real estate went under. It would have been a good deal if we could have gotten our hands on it. But much of it was bundled up and sold in 20 and 30 million dollar lots....for pennies on the dollar. Who got to play that game.....those who already had money. Essentially making the rich richer.

I know a gent in CO whose business and grown to a net worth of over 105 million. He owed 80 million through various loans. His bank went under and his notes were called....so he went under. He could have continued had he been allowed....is business was hurting...but he was able to make it.His business was sold to a hedge fund who eventually sold it back to him for about 35 million. It is now worth more than the 105 million it was worth in 2007. His loans are now 45 million less...complements of Uncle Sam. Who ultimately paid for that ?

So....your plans don't look so good Billy.

Letting it fail on it's own is a great idea.
A couple of months after Obama's stimulus was signed into law the jobs free fall was reversed and we have had private job growth ever since. That is the fact that matters.

5. Try to kill Obamacare
I;d ask for proof of any of that but your penchant for throwing shit around is well known and verified.

Isn't this the part of a thread where you make bizarre unsupportable statements and then run away?

Forum List

Back