If/when the next economic crisis hits, how would republicans respond?

Another recyclued failed thread from BIlly Triple Fail. Hey, Billy. This thread failed when you posted it what, 4 months ago?
For the record, the Democrats' approach has produced the worst recovery post war on record. So if we do the opposite we'll be fine.
Another recyclued failed thread from BIlly Triple Fail. Hey, Billy. This thread failed when you posted it what, 4 months ago?
For the record, the Democrats' approach has produced the worst recovery post war on record. So if we do the opposite we'll be fine.
You moron, the great recession was the worst since the great depression. Obviously it would take longer to recover from it. God youre dumb.

BUSH DROVE THE BUS OFF THE CLIFF.... No Economist in the world won't say Obama inherited a basket case.

RWers here still believe in trickle down despite evidence shows it to be manure.
Please post links to economists who say Obama inherited a basket case. Ones who worked for the administration dont count.
Youre so stupid. The great recession started 4 months before Obama came to office and it wasn't over. So yeah, idiot, he inherited it.

WE ALL KNOW how this works. idiot leftist cries about the "Bush recession"

idiot leftist is reminded Democrats voted for every Bush policy for all 8 years and continued nearly every one after Bush left office

idiot leftist makes asinine excuse how his Party somehow had to vote FOR things they were against; with various pathetic excuses
Actually the main point of my thread is to address how republicans would respond to the next recession.

unemployment skyrocketed to over 10% under Obama; the actual unemployment rate was over 19%
and didn't start falling until Dems lost their grip on all 3 parts of the governing process when Repubs took back the House in 2010

libs r losers who lie to themselves
Uh yeah that happened while the recession he inherited was still happening. You people have no perspective.

YAWN

when you say "Bush recession" you ought toat least be able to say what bush policies you blame for the recession that you Democrats didn't vote FOR repeatedly; with literally thousands of Democrat Party votesfor thewhole 8 bush years

how about it moron?

you just want to make long-winded rants that embarrass yourself wallowingin omission, talkingpoints, and denial?

or do you want to talk ACTUAL FACTS AND THE HISTORICAL RECORD??
I think Bush's lack of regulation policies is what partially led to the recession.

The Great Bush Recession saw the loss of 8 million jobs in less than 9 months. Let's explore a hypothetical: pretend republicans take control over the White House and legislative branch after the start of another colossal economic crisis (never mind which party is to blame for causing it).

How would republicans address it? Because we already have a precedent for it, let's pretend in this new economic crisis causes the loss of 8 million private jobs in under a year.

We already know what they WON'T do:

1) Extend unemployment benefits to the millions who lost their jobs to the crisis

2) Expand income tax credits for the poor to provide relief

3) Increase food stamp spending to the millions of children who already depend on the program (83% of funding for food stamps goes to households with one dependent living in the household).

4) Increase the federal minimum wage by a few dollars (18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour).

We do know what republicans would do:

1) Lower taxes on the wealthy. Of course, this measure has proven over and over to be useless in creating jobs for the lower classes because it is just easier for these "job creators" to keep most of the money they save rather than invest. There is a reason we have billionaires. Bush's tax cuts did jack shit of course. Job growth under Bush was pathetic and the Great Recession happened anyway in the last 4 months he was in office.

2) Deregulate the market. Regulations do very little to harm job growth. The BLS statistics prove that.

3) Uh, what else is there? Yeah, nothing. That's all republicans in power would do to fix the problem.

After the crisis of 2008, Obama extended unemployment benefits to the millions who abruptly lost their jobs and provided a solid tax cut to the middle class. This resulted in a boost to consumer spending that created jobs. 3 million private jobs alone were created from both of these measures (according to the CBO).

CBO Stimulus added up to 3.3M jobs - Josh Boak - POLITICO.com

Do republicans have better options on the table than that? No.

NO... NONE....Republicans do not have an options or a plan.
You can train ignorant people but you cannot train stupid people. You are only hurting these people feeling because they cannot handle the truth. Trust me these people do not have a clue except one thing they know. Blame Obama. BTW I'm a republican.

We know what does not work.

That would be what Obama did.

The problem is not understanding the context of the recession.

Obama completely failed to understand what he was dealing with and failed to respond in a way that made any sense.

You moron, the great recession was the worst since the great depression. Obviously it would take longer to recover from it. God youre dumb.

You really must not care what people know about you.

In my short time on this board, I've watched thread after thread you've posted (all aimed at republicans (of which I am not one) get shoved back down your throat. People know you are a fraud.

It wasn't the worst economic downturn since the great depression. Some places in the country almost felt nothing. Keep lying and more people really are going to be ignoring you stupid posts.

You calling someone else dumb is dripping with irony.

In my short time on this board, I've watched thread after thread you've posted (all aimed at republicans (of which I am not one) get shoved back down your throat. People know you are a fraud.

It wasn't the worst economic downturn since the great depression. Some places in the country almost felt nothing. Keep lying and more people really are going to be ignoring you stupid posts.

Aside from your anecdotal comments it's nothing but a pure bull crap.
Do you even care to read what Stephanie, Rabii posted here in this thread. It's nothing but pure HATRED. If you want degrade and judge someone look at these people first see how awful and ugly these people are.
Ignoring post are for pussies only. If anyone that cannot handle the brutality of Internet then they should not be here in the first place.

BTW....
Can you tell me which part of the country that did not felt the depression?

Oh really? Everyone including republicans called it the worst. We lost 8 million private jobs in less than a year. Yeah it was the worst.

BTW....

There was no depression...it was the recession of 2008.

Oh really? Everyone including republicans called it the worst. We lost 8 million private jobs in less than a year. Yeah it was the worst.

Keep making stuff up Billy.

You just can't seem to lie enough.

Some repblicans may have called it the worst. Even republicans can be pushed to be PC.

Aside from your anecdotal comments it's nothing but a pure bull crap.
Do you even care to read what Stephanie, Rabii posted here in this thread. It's nothing but pure HATRED. If you want degrade and judge someone look at these people first see how awful and ugly these people are.
Ignoring post are for pussies only. If anyone that cannot handle the brutality of Internet then they should not be here in the first place.

Was this post somehow supposed to make sense.

I scan what others post. None of those posters have the history of posting the kind of retarded tripe that Billy posts.

I pinned him on one of his recent ones and I've watched others do the same.

Some repblicans may have called it the worst. Even republicans can be pushed to be PC.
Um okay and what was the worst? Surely you have one in mind and numbers to support it.

Um okay and what was the worst? Surely you have one in mind and numbers to support it.

You first...you made the claim.

BTW....

There was no depression...it was the recession of 2008.

Let me try again. Tell me what part of this country that did not felt the RECESSION / DEPRESSION/ HARDSHIP?

According to polls we've still not recovered from it. Is that BUsh's fault too?

WE ALL KNOW how this works. idiot leftist cries about the "Bush recession"

idiot leftist is reminded Democrats voted for every Bush policy for all 8 years and continued nearly every one after Bush left office

idiot leftist makes asinine excuse how his Party somehow had to vote FOR things they were against; with various pathetic excuses
Actually the main point of my thread is to address how republicans would respond to the next recession.
With any luck they would do nothing. Doing nothing solves recessions. Letting no crisis go to waste makes them worse.

Forum List

Back