If we give Obama 4 more years, how will he rescue the middle class?

What about the under class? Or the lower-middle class? Or, whatever-class-I'm-in?

This is the essence of corporatism. Divide and conquer. Split up society into competing 'interest groups' and then keep them all fighting over the spoils. Nice job!

The middle class was doing just fine before the democrats started destroying the economy.

obama can rescue the middle class by resigning his office right now.

One thing for sure... I am not better off than I was 3 yrs ago.

Not that Bush didnt have anything to do with it... he stunk on ice as well. (his 2nd term anyway)

The middle class was doing just fine before the democrats started destroying the economy.

Republicans had everything to gain by allowing the most reliable democratic voting bloc, the middle class, to slide into ruin. We are seeing the culmination of a policy that began 30 years ago not some recent development that is all Obama's fault.

What about the under class? Or the lower-middle class? Or, whatever-class-I'm-in?

This is the essence of corporatism. Divide and conquer. Split up society into competing 'interest groups' and then keep them all fighting over the spoils. Nice job!

Corporations do not split societies. Politicians do.

no one cares about the poor people. At least not on the left.

If we give Obama 4 more years, how will he rescue the middle class?

Serious question.

Supposedly the future of the middle class will be dismal if something isn't done. What will he do to fix things if we give him four more years?
I am middle class.
I don't need rescuing.
I don't need fixing.
I want the government to leave me alone.

Republicans had everything to gain by allowing the most reliable democratic voting bloc, the middle class, to slide into ruin. We are seeing the culmination of a policy that began 30 years ago not some recent development that is all Obama's fault.

yeah, cause it's so darn smart to piss off the opposition who has no problem to resort to violence and murder for their evil goals.

In perfect honesty, he probably can't. I don't think it's possible without getting the money out of politics so we have an uncorrupted Congress, and that will require a Constitutional amendment.

What he can do, though, is prevent the Republicans from doing the middle class (and the country as a whole) any further damage. Re-electing Obama is almost certainly no more than damage control.

What will he attempt/accomplish to achieve damage control?

Prevent the Republicans from further cutting taxes on the rich, further deregulating business, further gutting the public services that make a country civilized, and further suppressing the rights of labor. Won't make things any better, really, but it will slow the rate at which they become worse.

In perfect honesty, he probably can't. I don't think it's possible without getting the money out of politics so we have an uncorrupted Congress, and that will require a Constitutional amendment.

What he can do, though, is prevent the Republicans from doing the middle class (and the country as a whole) any further damage. Re-electing Obama is almost certainly no more than damage control.

Prevent the Republicans from further cutting taxes on the rich, further deregulating business, further gutting the public services that make a country civilized, and further suppressing the rights of labor. Won't make things any better, really, but it will slow the rate at which they become worse.

The tax cuts were across the board.

You think they have the integrity to admit that?

Your expectations for Obama sound much like my hopes for Washington in general. I send Republicans to Washington to stop Democrats from doing social experiments with taxpayer money. Hold the line. Do damage control if someone manages to breach the line.

The best government is government we don't notice.

They try with the perpetual lie but it's not going to work.

Corporations do not split societies. Politicians do.

"Corporatism" isn't about really about incorporated businesses. It's a style of government that acts primarily as a mediator for power amongst competing organized interests ("corporations"). These can be large businesses, but the concept encompasses much more: unions, trade groups, industry organizations and cartels, voting blocks, religions, racial groups, etc...

The wikipedia article is a pretty good overview. The basic idea is to elevate group rights above those of the individual. Identity politics factor heavily in such a system and the rights any given person enjoys tend to rely which 'corporation' they belong to.

Last edited:
Serious question.

Supposedly the future of the middle class will be dismal if something isn't done. What will he do to fix things if we give him four more years?

Serious answer.

It’s not the president’s responsibility to ‘fix’ anything. We need to get away from this idiocy of the Imperial Presidency where the CE is perceived as some sort of ‘leader’ who alone is responsible to ‘fix’ problems.

It’s the responsibility of Congress to address the Nation’s issues; an administration’s staff may work with Congress in drafting measures but it’s ultimately the Legislative Branch’s responsibility.

Correct.

And add to that preventing a republican president from nominating radical ideologues to the Federal courts and like justices to the Supreme Court.

Your expectations for Obama sound much like my hopes for Washington in general. I send Republicans to Washington to stop Democrats from doing social experiments with taxpayer money. Hold the line. Do damage control if someone manages to breach the line.

And that’s the role of a democratic president: that whatever damage republicans might do in Congress to needed regulation, vital social programs, or damaging the economy in general, we’ll at least know our basic freedoms and liberties will be protected by Federal judges and justices on the Supreme Court who follow Constitutional case law, precedent, and the rule of law.

One thing for sure... I am not better off than I was 3 yrs ago.

Not that Bush didnt have anything to do with it... he stunk on ice as well. (his 2nd term anyway)

Three years ago, I had a thriving little business. Then came obama with his regulations, taxes, fees and instability. For all that he has done, he had more planned, I couldn't bet the business on what he was or wasn't going to do. I closed.

This amuses me. What's "slid" in the past 30 years is middle class union workers. 30 years ago a fairly unskilled assembly line worker could pull down big bucks working in a Detroit auto factory. The American auto industry was king and foreign competition was limited. That's no longer the case and it wasn't some Republican "plot" to do away with a Democratic voting block. The Republicans didn't start up Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, and Kia. They sure as heck didn't turn out some of the most badly built pieces of shit on the planet like we were rolling off the line in Detroit back in the late 70's and early 80's. You want to know why the middle class has shrunk? Industrial competition from other places kicked our asses because our products that used to be state of the world for quality became garbage because unions destroyed American drive and ambition. Why work hard when you have to practically kill someone before you get fired? Just sit back and go with the flow, buddy. And have a few cold ones on your break time.

Serious question.

Serious answer.

It’s not the president’s responsibility to ‘fix’ anything. We need to get away from this idiocy of the Imperial Presidency where the CE is perceived as some sort of ‘leader’ who alone is responsible to ‘fix’ problems.

It’s the responsibility of Congress to address the Nation’s issues; an administration’s staff may work with Congress in drafting measures but it’s ultimately the Legislative Branch’s responsibility.

Let's just assume that's true (and it isn't). The Democrats have controlled Congress for 4 years, the Senate for 5. In that time the economy has cratered, with trillions of dollars lost. Our budget deficits have skyrocketed, our total debt astronomical, and our credit downgraded.
Is that how Congress is supposed to address issues?

Serious question.

Turn it into entitlement class and the rich ... where he then stand free and clear.

They try with the perpetual lie but it's not going to work.

Oh how I pray that we could live in a society full of integrity and honesty. That people would care more about the truth and admit when they are wrong. That people would argue actual issues instead of straw men.

The world would be totally different.

Serious question.

Serious answer.

Correct.

And add to that preventing a republican president from nominating radical ideologues to the Federal courts and like justices to the Supreme Court.

And that’s the role of a democratic president: that whatever damage republicans might do in Congress to needed regulation, vital social programs, or damaging the economy in general, we’ll at least know our basic freedoms and liberties will be protected by Federal judges and justices on the Supreme Court who follow Constitutional case law, precedent, and the rule of law.

I think you need to have a sit down with 0bama and tell him what you said here:

Serious answer.

I don't think he gets it. ;)

Forum List

Back