If US campuses can’t protect free speech, they need new management

most universities have TA's that do the actual teaching. the professor merely shoots his/ her mouth off and kids take notes. your point? how is that learning? and how is that different than coulter. I have no idea the professors political backing, but I bet the majority are left leaning. eh?
I went to a prestigious liberal arts school so I had classes as small as 5 students to 1 professor, and only worked with TAs at after hour study sessions. My professor did all the teaching. You would understand the learning process if you went to college. But yes you are right, most professors are liberal. There seems to be a direct correlation between being educated and being liberal.
:beer:
well how would I know about TAs if I didn't go? what school did you go to that only had 5 students to a professor? Now I will admit, that seems a bit suspicious.
I mean, that wasn't the norm. Most classes were larger. But I did have a class one time with either 5 or 6 students. I had several others with under 15 students to 1 professor. I prefer not to share what school, name and location are too personal.
there were over 40 students in our lecture halls. And we weren't allowed tape recorders.
I agree. I have attended two universities. Lecture halls held 50+ students. Seminar groups were much smaller. Few of the lecturers were professors.
right, those were the TAs.

And it is perfectly within the rights of the students to object to them speaking and to protest against extremist right wing shitbags polluting their campus. If students want to listen to Ann Coulter spew her usual hate, or Milo preaching the virtues of gay sex with children, or Richard Spencer preaching the virtues of exterminating all races except anglo-saxons, they can go to their platforms and listen to them until they're blue in the face. They are under no obligation to be forced to listen to them while at school. That is NOT part of their tuition.

Get that through your fucking head.

Understand now?

You might have a point, if anything you were saying was remotely truthful. Nobody is being forced to listen to anybody and nobody is saying students don't have the right to protest.

Yet right here on this very forum, there seems to be a new thread every week about how these students are "wrong" to protest. Interesting, that.

Are they saying the students are wrong to protest or are they saying they are protesting using methods that are wrong.

And some of the people on these forums are the last ones I would use for a reference of what is right or wrong, and certainly not protectors of freedom. They are the rightwing versions of ANTIFA.

I went to a prestigious liberal arts school so I had classes as small as 5 students to 1 professor, and only worked with TAs at after hour study sessions. My professor did all the teaching. You would understand the learning process if you went to college. But yes you are right, most professors are liberal. There seems to be a direct correlation between being educated and being liberal.
well how would I know about TAs if I didn't go? what school did you go to that only had 5 students to a professor? Now I will admit, that seems a bit suspicious.
I mean, that wasn't the norm. Most classes were larger. But I did have a class one time with either 5 or 6 students. I had several others with under 15 students to 1 professor. I prefer not to share what school, name and location are too personal.
there were over 40 students in our lecture halls. And we weren't allowed tape recorders.
I agree. I have attended two universities. Lecture halls held 50+ students. Seminar groups were much smaller. Few of the lecturers were professors.
A major reason I chose the school I did. I was never taught by a TA.

Well, no, I am not a professor. You probably have never been to a university before but its the professors that stand up there in front of everyone and talk. They are actually trained and hired to teach kids. Unlike Milo the pedophile and Ann coulter.

That must be your unlucky meme, every time you use that with me you end up with egg on your face.
most universities have TA's that do the actual teaching. the professor merely shoots his/ her mouth off and kids take notes. your point? how is that learning? and how is that different than coulter. I have no idea the professors political backing, but I bet the majority are left leaning. eh?
Aren't you referring to seminars rather than lectures?
No.

What's wrong with hearing and challenging? That is part of receiving an education and learning.
How about we leave that to the expert professionals not the POS GOP mouthpieces.
who is that? you? hahaahahahah
200.gif
Well, no, I am not a professor. You probably have never been to a university before but its the professors that stand up there in front of everyone and talk. They are actually trained and hired to teach kids. Unlike Milo the pedophile and Ann coulter.

That must be your unlucky meme, every time you use that with me you end up with egg on your face.

But you said this:

"She was even fired from the National Review for hate-speech"

Are you drunk?

The article she wrote was indeed hate-speech, you drooling mental midget.
how you figure. quote a line.

"Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

This was the paragraph that caused the National Review to drop her skinny ass.
and what is wrong with what is in it? It is fking accurate as hell.

So you agree with hate-speech. Why am I not surprised?

Perhaps we just don't share your opinion that it is hate speech.

I went to The University of New Orleans and received a B.S. in Accounting. My business & law professors were conservative... and highly educated CPA, JD, etc.

MY "fluff" courses like sociology, etc. were all very liberal.
What's wrong with hearing and challenging? That is part of receiving an education and learning.
How about we leave that to the expert professionals not the POS GOP mouthpieces.
who is that? you? hahaahahahah
200.gif

I went to The University of New Orleans and received a B.S. in Accounting. My business & law professors were conservative... and highly educated CPA, MBA, JD, etc.

MY "fluff" courses like sociology, etc. were all very liberal. I think the correlation is that most college professors are educated.

Aren't you referring to seminars rather than lectures?
No.
So you chose highly unpopular modules? OK :wink:

For me it was as simple as:

UNO - $450
Tulane - $15,000

:lmao:

UNO - $450
Tulane - $15,000

U of I Chicago and live at home.

UNO - $450
Tulane - $15,000

I was a full-time worker and a part-time student.

Frank speech is truthful and libs hate truth so factual speech is hate speech to them

UNO - $450
Tulane - $15,000

I was full-time student and full time worker.

UNO - $450
Tulane - $15,000

Wow, ambitious!

UNO - $450
Tulane - $15,000

Wow, ambitious!
did homework at my dinner break and weekends.

What's funny is I was making more per hour than the first offer I got from my forever job. I've been in my forever job 40 years March 28th, same company.

UNO - $450
Tulane - $15,000

Wow, ambitious!
did homework at my dinner break and weekends.

What's funny is I was making more per hour than the first offer I got from my forever job. I've been in my forever job 40 years March 28th, same company.

That's pretty rare these days....

I agree completely with the sentiments of this article. Universities are supposed to be institutions that offer and value diverse thoughts and opinions. Instead, what we've seen over the last several years are weak-kneed administrators acquiescing to the demands of sniveling little brats who can't handle hearing an idea they don't approve of. Rather than fostering an environment where diverse discussion can take place, most of our universities have been hijacked by extreme left wing administrators, faculties, and students who have embraced fascism and are engaging in modern day Nazi book burnings. If the people in charge won't stop this attack on free speech then it's time to start replacing them, by force, if necessary, particularly at those which are taxpayer funded.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/20/if-us-campuses-cant-protect-free-speech-they-need-new-management/
There's a difference between free speech and hate-speech/inciting violence. Universities should be able to host whomever they want.

If hearing an opposing POV incites one to violence, what does this say about this person?
Doesn't matter...Universities are a place for kids to go and learn. Universities should not be agreeing to host speakers who spew hate, racism, and fear.

Used to be.

Universities, healthcare insurance, foreign policy......Liberals ruin everything they touch.

I agree completely with the sentiments of this article. Universities are supposed to be institutions that offer and value diverse thoughts and opinions. Instead, what we've seen over the last several years are weak-kneed administrators acquiescing to the demands of sniveling little brats who can't handle hearing an idea they don't approve of. Rather than fostering an environment where diverse discussion can take place, most of our universities have been hijacked by extreme left wing administrators, faculties, and students who have embraced fascism and are engaging in modern day Nazi book burnings. If the people in charge won't stop this attack on free speech then it's time to start replacing them, by force, if necessary, particularly at those which are taxpayer funded.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/20/if-us-campuses-cant-protect-free-speech-they-need-new-management/
There's a difference between free speech and hate-speech/inciting violence. Universities should be able to host whomever they want.

If hearing an opposing POV incites one to violence, what does this say about this person?
Doesn't matter...Universities are a place for kids to go and learn. Universities should not be agreeing to host speakers who spew hate, racism, and fear.

Used to be.

Universities, healthcare insurance, foreign policy......Liberals ruin everything they touch.

A profoundly vapid and substancelesss outburst.

Frank speech is truthful and libs hate truth so factual speech is hate speech to them
spot on brother. Again, pointing out that libs can't stand facts.
The Regressive Left tries to make this a First Amendment issue, which it is not. At least it shouldn't be.

This is about the cowardice of the Regressives and their attempts to maintain their ideological grip on our young people.

That, at the very time in our kids' lives they should be exposed to contrary, challenging, stimulating, controversial thought as often as possible.

The Regressives don't care about that. They simply want to use the kids as weapons, which is one fucked up thing to do to a kid.

But again, they don't care. Ideology over country.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back