If Trump loses will it be because he has minimized the immigration issue in his re-election campaign?

He didn’t end DACA, infact he tried to make deals and talked of ‘amnesty’....he didn’t build enough wall, he hasn’t ordered enough raids on businesses that employ illegals....he’s not boasting about an increased number of deportations, he’s all but dropped the issue all together...the very issue that got him elected in 2016.
I get it, he’s hoping for Hispanic support and he’s willing to puss-out on the issue as November approaches....BUT, doesn’t that make him and his intent look awfully disingenuous?
There’s no doubt in my mind, he’s lost some of his base over this...they won’t vote for Biden but they won’t feel compelled to vote for him either.
He’s fucking up on this BIG TIME!

If he decided to live or die on DACA, he would die. DACA is overwhelmingly supported by voters. DACA is a program that Ronald Reagan would support. The only time that Obama did something that reflects conservative values, conservatives hate it.

He didn’t end DACA, infact he tried to make deals and talked of ‘amnesty’....he didn’t build enough wall, he hasn’t ordered enough raids on businesses that employ illegals....he’s not boasting about an increased number of deportations, he’s all but dropped the issue all together...the very issue that got him elected in 2016.
I get it, he’s hoping for Hispanic support and he’s willing to puss-out on the issue as November approaches....BUT, doesn’t that make him and his intent look awfully disingenuous?
There’s no doubt in my mind, he’s lost some of his base over this...they won’t vote for Biden but they won’t feel compelled to vote for him either.

You did hear something about a pandemic and riots, yes?

Will Bidens border policy satisfy you?.....

Nope...it’s not those like me that I’m worried about.
300 miles of border wall when everyone said it couldn't be done...check the illegal immigration apprehension numbers...illegal border crossing attempts are way down which has enabled border agents to bust several drug crossings recently.....no matter what you point to Trump is better than sleepy Joe and the people will see that...so worry not...but I get your point....and its a good one...

I just find it bizarre that he would almost completely shelf the number one issue that mobilized his constituency and compelled Indy’s and moderates to cast a Trump vote.

Maybe it is because of this.

"The same trend holds across all Republicans, according to the findings from the latest POLITICO/Morning Consult poll. In fact, the poll indicates that wide swaths of registered voters support Dreamers regardless of gender, education, income, ethnicity, religion and ideology. That includes 68 percent of Republicans, 71 percent of conservatives and 64 percent of those who approve of the job Trump is doing. Even 69 percent of those who voted for Trump in 2016 — when he vowed to deport Dreamers — say they should be protected. "

DACA is not a hill to do or die. If you try it you will die on that hill.

300 miles of border wall when everyone said it couldn't be done...check the illegal immigration apprehension numbers...illegal border crossing attempts are way down which has enabled border agents to bust several drug crossings recently.....no matter what you point to Trump is better than sleepy Joe and the people will see that...so worry not...but I get your point....and its a good one...

I just find it bizarre that he would almost completely shelf the number one issue that mobilized his constituency and compelled Indy’s and moderates to cast a Trump vote.

"The same trend holds across all Republicans, according to the findings from the latest POLITICO/Morning Consult poll. In fact, the poll indicates that wide swaths of registered voters support Dreamers regardless of gender, education, income, ethnicity, religion and ideology. That includes 68 percent of Republicans, 71 percent of conservatives and 64 percent of those who approve of the job Trump is doing. Even 69 percent of those who voted for Trump in 2016 — when he vowed to deport Dreamers — say they should be protected. "

Don’t be a fool...Polls are bullshit.
He was elected in 2016 for his promise to end DACA, build a wall and stop Mexico from ruining our nation...THAT’S ALL HE WAS ELECTED TO DO.

Neither got him elected in 2016...Do we have a president that can only handle two concurrent issues?
That’s a bad look.

Neither got him elected in 2016...Do we have a president that can only handle two concurrent issues?
That’s a bad look.

You are right
The pandemic and the riots of 2020 had statistically no affect on the 2016 election.

He was elected in 2016 for his promise to end DACA, build a wall and stop Mexico from ruining our nation...THAT’S ALL HE WAS ELECTED TO DO.

Now that is factually false.

BTW - Ice is till working, Border Patrol is still working -
That is not going to drive the current news cycle.

Now that is factually false.

BTW - Ice is till working, Border Patrol is still working -
That is not going to drive the current news cycle.
You’ve lost all your shit if you think he wasn’t elected EXCLUSIVELY to stop wetbacks from fucking shit up here.
Mexico has stolen Mexifornia, AZ, NM, TX from our Republic. The people of Mexico will decide our elections soon...find your nuts...FAST!

No he was not. Immigration was not a major issue in 2016. HE WAS ELECTED BECAUSE HIS NAME WAS NOT CLINTON.

No he was not. Immigration was not a major issue in 2016. HE WAS ELECTED BECAUSE HIS NAME WAS NOT CLINTON.
hahaha...."BUILD THAT WALL" was the campaigns primary tagline. "Make America Great Again" really means 'Stop Mexicans From Destroying America'
Don't be stupid...nothing is worse for America than illegals are.
BTW....what part of Mexico are you from?

hahaha...."BUILD THAT WALL" was the campaigns primary tagline. "Make America Great Again" really means 'Stop Mexicans From Destroying America'

Immigration was not a major issue in 2016. Most voters opposed building a wall and still do. If that was the issue in 2016, Trump would have lost.

There is something worse than illegals. Trump supporters. You people are the trash of this country.

All of the issues that he ran on and was elected on including immigration were major.
Not being Clinton was certainly a factor to some.

Immigration was not a major issue in 2016. Most voters opposed building a wall and still do. If that was the issue in 2016, Trump would have lost.

There is something worse than illegals. Trump supporters. You people are the trash of this country.

I do see why it is important to you that the immigration issue not be the issue.
But it was to a very great extent, not exclusive, but very important.

The Trump campaign honestly believes they should let this issue die on the vine huh?
I sure hope they have ‘intelligence’ on this that I don’t have.
I can see moderates and independents being really turned off by Trumps lack of commitment to the issue of immigration.
Good luck Trump...I’m certain that if you lose it will be because you dropped the ball on ridding this nation of Mexico’s parasites.

Forum List

Back