If True, What Should Trump / The US Do About It?

If it is true, Trump won't do anything about it. Why? China has financial leverage and Trump knows it.
What financial leverage is that?

For starters, there is the debt that we owe to them.
And? What do you think is going to happen if they call in all that debt at once?

Which they can't do.
security maturity

Sure, at the preset rate.

Why do people doubt our economic power? Do people understand that china depends on our markets because they have a shit middle class because they keep the yuan suppressed? What about what would happen to china if our economy dumped the yuan?

You know, you would do well to learn how to use the internet to find out actual information. China's middle class has been exploding over the past few years and is rapidly growing.

China’s middle class is exploding

The American consumer has been a central driver of the global economy for decades. Fortunately for the overburdened American consumer, China’s middle class is going to be picking up more of the slack.

China’s middle class is on fire. According to a study by consulting firm McKinsey & Company, 76 percent of China’s urban population will be considered middle class by 2022. That’s defined as urban households that earn US$9,000 – US$34,000 a year. (That might not sound like a lot, but adjusted for prices, it delivers a roughly comparable “middle class” existence to other countries.) In 2000, just 4 percent of the urban population was considered middle class.

We should do nothing about it. We have no leverage or power in the situation, thus it is not our responsibility.

He should however, move on Trade with China with a vengeance.

I want to see that dropping like a rock by mid term elections.
Wouldn't that be like shooting yourself in the foot?

No, it would be pretty much the opposite.

I want those jobs for Americans.

Bring those jobs home, will be good for America and Americans.
Doesn't trump and family still have goods made in China? Why haven't they brought them home? Do as I say not as I do?????

Why do people doubt our economic power? Do people understand that china depends on our markets because they have a shit middle class because they keep the yuan suppressed? What about what would happen to china if our economy dumped the yuan?

What WILL happen to them when we throttle down the massive surplus they have with US?
in trade? Hope to god other countries pick up what they lost lol.

We should do nothing about it. We have no leverage or power in the situation, thus it is not our responsibility.

Doesn't trump and family still have goods made in China? Why haven't they brought them home? Do as I say not as I do?????

Yep. And the sad thing is, one of the things that contributed towards Mittens' loss was that little dustup about Olympic uniforms being made in China when he was on the committee.

Why is Trump immune?

In Romney-helmed games, Olympic uniforms outsourced to Burma

Says the lib who doesn't actually make his point, because doing so would reveal it and him to be stupid.

What WILL happen to them when we throttle down the massive surplus they have with US?

Which can't and won't happen.

No other country is stupid enough, or large enough to support their bloated trade surplus.

You know, you would do well to learn how to use the internet to find out actual information. China's middle class has been exploding over the past few years and is rapidly growing.

The American consumer has been a central driver of the global economy for decades. Fortunately for the overburdened American consumer, China’s middle class is going to be picking up more of the slack.

China’s middle class is on fire. According to a study by consulting firm McKinsey & Company, 76 percent of China’s urban population will be considered middle class by 2022. That’s defined as urban households that earn US$9,000 – US$34,000 a year. (That might not sound like a lot, but adjusted for prices, it delivers a roughly comparable “middle class” existence to other countries.) In 2000, just 4 percent of the urban population was considered middle class.
Like how you are trembling over the debt we have them? Yes, indeed, Google :thup:
It is going up because of artificially inflated wages...
Urban Chinese middle class account for around a 6th or so of their working base. Sorry, that just doesnt impress me very much.

Which can't and won't happen.

No other country is stupid enough, or large enough to support their bloated trade surplus.
Which is my main point that was getting lost. We have NOTHING to fear economically from China.

Like how you are trembling over the debt we have them? Yes, indeed, Google :thup:
Urban Chinese middle class account for around a 6th or so of their working base. Sorry, that just doesnt impress me very much.

You are the one that said China had a crappy middle class. I posted a link that shows you they have gone from 4 percent being considered middle class in 2000, to projecting that in just another 4 years, 76 percent will be considered middle class.

I consider that to be a healthy growth spurt.

If it is true, Trump won't do anything about it. Why? China has financial leverage and Trump knows it.

You think we depend more on China than they do on us? :lmao:

Of course this is true, did anyone ever expect different? And you're right that the USA will do nothing. BUT if Trump placed a moratorium on all Chinese imports for a year, the Chinese economy would completely collapse. The DOW would tank, but the US would be relatively unharmed.

We can go elsewhere for cheap labor, China has no other market for their goods.

You are the one that said China had a crappy middle class. I posted a link that shows you they have gone from 4 percent being considered middle class in 2000, to projecting that in just another 4 years, 76 percent will be considered middle class.

I consider that to be a healthy growth spurt.
Thats URBAN chinese workforce. Which is a SIXTH of their entire workforce.
Like you ignorantly told me, use GOOGLE :)

Says the lib who doesn't actually make his point, because doing so would reveal it and him to be stupid.
My point???? If you can't see it it's on top of your dumb head

My point???? If you can't see it it's on top of your dumb head

No, standard lib dishonesty.

You hint, but you don't SAY, because then it would be clear how stupid you and your point is.

Nothing you said actually addressed that.

Dumbass.

Forum List

Back