If this is true, Panetta should resign

I wonder if Panetta's personal security guards were also disarmed? Either way, this is shameful, IMO.
Should the Major General be disciplined?

Anyone that would seek to disarm Marines in a war zone should be disciplined.
The order for the Marines to put down their weapons came from Major Gen. Mark Gurganus, according to a press pool report.
Tell that to MAJOR GEN. Gurganus.

I'd like to say I'm shocked but nothing surprises me about the Obama's Administrations outright contempt and hatred for our culture and institutions

Afghan guards in the room, along with other foreign troops, were also unarmed during Panetta's address. A defense official told reporters there was no heightened threat, but that the order to disarm was done to be "consistent" so that Americans troops wouldn't be the only ones carrying weapons. The request reportedly did not come from Panetta or his team.

The order for the Marines to put down their weapons came from Major Gen. Mark Gurganus, according to a press pool report.

Gurganus said that since the Afghan soldiers were unarmed, he did not want them treated differently, but said it was not because of the shooting this weekend

here is one moron

And this never happened until the Obama's Jihad on American culture and institutions came to town, Fluffer

Should the Major General be disciplined?

Anyone that would seek to disarm Marines in a war zone should be disciplined.
Tell that to MAJOR GEN. Gurganus.

If true, that would be the job of a Lieutenant general, so no, I will not be telling him anything. Thanks for the insight however, most enlightening.

If it's true that Leon Panetta had Marines disarm before being in a room with him, he should resign.

You don't put your desire for personal safety above the honor of the United States Marine Corp.

Story to come, I'm sure.

Yes, he should. But do you think that's gonna happen? Hell no. and it that doesn't happen do you think obama has the balls to fire him? We'll see. I'm betting not.

WH admin.

Afghan guards in the room, along with other foreign troops, were also unarmed during Panetta's address. A defense official told reporters there was no heightened threat, but that the order to disarm was done to be "consistent" so that Americans troops wouldn't be the only ones carrying weapons. The request reportedly did not come from Panetta or his team.

Gurganus said that since the Afghan soldiers were unarmed, he did not want them treated differently, but said it was not because of the shooting this weekend

That's right. We wouldn't want to treat AMERICAN MARINES different from Afghanis.

Does anyone read anything? From KG's link:

General Gurganus told reporters later that he wanted a consistent policy for everyone in the tent. “You’ve got one of the most important people in the world in the room,” he said. He insisted that his decision had nothing to do with the shooting on Sunday. “This is not a big deal,” he said.

They had disarmed the afghans who were in the room and wanted everyone treated the same so as not to inflame an already inflammatory situation. It wasn't Panetta who requested this, it ws the General.

When a situation is flammable that's when Marines should be armed.
Fuck the General. What a dumbass.

WH admin.

That's right. We wouldn't want to treat AMERICAN MARINES different from Afghanis.

in this particular situation, no... you wouldn't. the point of the visit was to try to work out a problem.

If there are marines, the marines should be armed. I find it disgusting that we would insult them by implying they are not trustworthy.

When a situation is flammable that's when Marines should be armed.
Fuck the General. What a dumbass.

How do we know the General just wasn't being used as the fall guy? do you trust how the news is relayed. I sure as hell don't.

here is one moron

And this never happened until the Obama's Jihad on American culture and institutions came to town, Fluffer

I'm sure it never happened until Obama came into office.

You truly are a stupid fuck.

The Irony Fairies get drunk and drop out of the sky every time you call somebody stupid.

Seriously.

General Gurganus told reporters later that he wanted a consistent policy for everyone in the tent. “You’ve got one of the most important people in the world in the room,” he said. He insisted that his decision had nothing to do with the shooting on Sunday. “This is not a big deal,” he said.

They had disarmed the afghans who were in the room and wanted everyone treated the same so as not to inflame an already inflammatory situation. It wasn't Panetta who requested this, it ws the General.

Sure, it was. Sure it was.

And if the General told you wolverines made great house pets you'd believe him too, right?

If given the opportunity, I will.

I can see we're getting close to another great siggy...

in this particular situation, no... you wouldn't. the point of the visit was to try to work out a problem.

what' problem? that the afghans shot our soldiers in the back of the head? six of them? and then you ask our marines to disarm? bullshit

Sure, it was. Sure it was.

And if the General told you wolverines made great house pets you'd believe him too, right?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/world/asia/panetta-visits-afghanistan-following-massacre.html

Tell the MAJOR GENERAL.

And this is why people like KG don't run policy and never would be able to become a general in the first place.

:confused:

thank goodness we have people like you in control....

Oh, wait...you're just a loser in a basement somewhere...nevermind.

here is one moron

I'm sure it never happened until Obama came into office.

You truly are a stupid fuck.

I'll wait for you to post other examples of Marines disarming themselves -- short of being dead.

You are a perfect tool

Forum List

Back