If the Voter ID Laws are not politically motivated, then why are they aimed...

... at the general election? Why didn't these laws take effect during the Republican Primary?

By now you all should know that voter fraud is incredibly rare. Obviously, these laws were intended to hinder certain Obama supporters.

BIlly....

Do you support voter registration at all? Or should I be able to drive to a swing state where I have no residency at all and cast a ballot because, in our current system of winner take all in 48 states, my vote will have no impact on the electoral college. So I might as well drive to Ohio or Florida and vote there then, right?

I mean...if nobody is going to check to see where I'm registered...would you support such a move? If not, why not.

Not even remotely what I said. I was commenting on your whining that they only affect Obama supporters, rather than ALL voters. These laws affect everyone, not just Obama supporters. Everyone would be subject to the same requirements, therefore the laws by definition are not 'politically motivated'.

Bullshit. That doesn't explain why these laws won't take effect until the General Election.

Why don't many of the provisions of the health care law take effect for several years? IS that politically motivated?

And please link to specific voter ID laws that were approved... when they were approved... and which do not take effect until the general election.

did I chase Billybob away? :rofl:

Should one have to register to vote?

absolutely. While the right to vote is guaranteed, there is nothing that say you are not required to or should not be required to prove your eligibility to exercise the right to vote.

Thanks for the response. The OP didn't respond. I was hoping to has her/him what the point of registration is if you're not going to demand proof of registration later on when it comes time to cast the ballot.

For me, if you're going to require registration, licenses, certifications, etc... it is silly to not demand credentials when the time comes to use those registrations, licenses, and certifications.

WTF? I actually agree with you!! Is there a snowstorm in Hell or something? :eek::lol:

absolutely. While the right to vote is guaranteed, there is nothing that say you are not required to or should not be required to prove your eligibility to exercise the right to vote.

Thanks for the response. The OP didn't respond. I was hoping to has her/him what the point of registration is if you're not going to demand proof of registration later on when it comes time to cast the ballot.

For me, if you're going to require registration, licenses, certifications, etc... it is silly to not demand credentials when the time comes to use those registrations, licenses, and certifications.

WTF? I actually agree with you!! Is there a snowstorm in Hell or something? :eek::lol:

I'm not an ideologue so there will be times when my stances on issues cut across party affiliations. Seen any black helicopters lately? I'm sure they're coming for you.

... at the general election? Why didn't these laws take effect during the Republican Primary?

By now you all should know that voter fraud is incredibly rare. Obviously, these laws were intended to hinder certain Obama supporters.

BIlly....

Do you support voter registration at all? Or should I be able to drive to a swing state where I have no residency at all and cast a ballot because, in our current system of winner take all in 48 states, my vote will have no impact on the electoral college. So I might as well drive to Ohio or Florida and vote there then, right?

I mean...if nobody is going to check to see where I'm registered...would you support such a move? If not, why not.

Well Bill?

... at the general election? Why didn't these laws take effect during the Primary?

Why?
Becasue only Obama supporters don't have proper ID?
Because only Obama supporters are too fucking stupid to be able to GET proper ID?
Because only Obama supporters cannot afford the FREE ID's?

violin.gif
violin.gif
violin.gif
violin.gif
violin.gif

In other words, you agree these laws are politically motivated.

In other words, these laws keep your side FROM CHEATING AS MUCH.

Politically motivated my ass!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BTW, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.

Ohio has voter ID for both the primaries AND THE GENERAL ELECTION.

And you are wrong that you can't vote without an ID. If you don't have an ID you can get a PROVISIONAL BALLOT.

Which means if they can't find you on the voter rolls after that, they throw it out, because it's obviously another Acorn op just trying to steal the vote.

There's a reason Acorn was kicked out of Ohio, and it wasn't because voter ID is soooooooooooo unfair. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

In other words, you agree these laws are politically motivated.

Not even remotely what I said. I was commenting on your whining that they only affect Obama supporters, rather than ALL voters. These laws affect everyone, not just Obama supporters. Everyone would be subject to the same requirements, therefore the laws by definition are not 'politically motivated'.

Bullshit. That doesn't explain why these laws won't take effect until the General Election.

Ohio has had voter ID since 2004. And you have to show ID for both primaries and the general election.

You are talking out of your butt.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, Candy, I do support voter registration.

Yeah, like Mickey Mouse and Mary Poppins, like we had in Cleveland.

Acorn signing up all kinds of phony voters.

One of the reasons Voter ID was passed. Those kinds of shenanigans.

The only reason liberals whine about Voter ID is it cuts down on their voters, voting in more than one district.

Why don't many of the provisions of the health care law take effect for several years? IS that politically motivated?

And please link to specific voter ID laws that were approved... when they were approved... and which do not take effect until the general election.

I think you did. It's ludicrous.

I just voted in a primary and I had to produce ID to vote.

Heck! That law did me a favor. In 2008 I went to vote in the primary and I was told my Driver License had expired. I didn't even realize I had been driving on an expired license. They wouldn't let me vote on an expired license.

So, I left, got a new license and came back to vote. No problem.

Heck! That law did me a favor. In 2008 I went to vote in the primary and I was told my Driver License had expired. I didn't even realize I had been driving on an expired license. They wouldn't let me vote on an expired license.

Another reason to have stringent ID laws to vote! LOL

The only reason liberals whine about Voter ID is it cuts down on their voters, voting in more than one district.

Yet somehow, the GOP has control of the House. You'd think if there was that much fraud, the House...including it's Speaker from the Ohio 8th...would be firmly democratic.

My point is this; if you're going to register voters, then you need to have the registration count for something. If you're going to license doctors, you need to have that license count for something. Otherwise, why have this great registration drive then do nothing about it on the back end?

Oh, I APPLAUD voter ID.

Before that I can remember watching Democrat operatives (back in 2000) walking in a bus load of OBVIOUSLY mentally handicapped people. I mean they were obviously from some institution, they bussed in.

It was sad. The op is telling them, "now all hold hands" and he walks them into vote, and it was obvious these people had the minds of children. They didn't know where they were or what they were doing.

Then they told them how to vote. It was sickening.

Ohio was so rank with Acorn hijinks like that, the initiative to have voter ID passed without a hitch.

And when the Democrats got it on the ballot to repeal Voter ID in 2005, they blanketed the state with ads saying the law was racist and against the poor. THEY LOST IN A LANDSLIDE.

No one wants to repeal Voter ID.

Yet somehow, the GOP has control of the House. You'd think if there was that much fraud, the House...including it's Speaker from the Ohio 8th...would be firmly democratic.

My point is this; if you're going to register voters, then you need to have the registration count for something. If you're going to license doctors, you need to have that license count for something. Otherwise, why have this great registration drive then do nothing about it on the back end?

Well, Ohio has had voter ID since 2004.

I noticed since then we don't have career Democrats like Metzenbaum or Glen, like we used to.

All good. :cool:

Oh, I APPLAUD voter ID.

Before that I can remember watching Democrat operatives (back in 2000) walking in a bus load of OBVIOUSLY mentally handicapped people. I mean they were obviously from some institution, they bussed in.

It was sad. The op is telling them, "now all hold hands" and he walks them into vote, and it was obvious these people had the minds of children. They didn't know where they were or what they were doing.

Ohio was so rank with Acorn hijinks like that, the initiative to have voter ID passed without a hitch.

And when the Democrats got it on the ballot to repeal Voter ID in 2005, they blanketed the state with ads saying the law was racist and against the poor. THEY LOST IN A LANDSLIDE.

If you require all to present an ID and a card, it can't be racist. I think, however, any picture ID required for voting should have a free option otherwise it's a poll tax of sorts.

I'm totally in favor of making anyone cast a ballot present a picture ID and a VRC valid for that precinct, district, state, etc...

Oh, I APPLAUD voter ID.

If you require all to present an ID and a card, it can't be racist. I think, however, any picture ID required for voting should have a free option otherwise it's a poll tax of sorts.

I'm totally in favor of making anyone cast a ballot present a picture ID and a VRC valid for that precinct, district, state, etc...

But if you make it free, and it does cost SOMETHING to make those things, then it just becomes welfare at the tax payer expense. No, you have to charge something to cover the cost.

In today's smokescreen political world of words, anything can mean anything. I have been voting since the sixties and have never had to provide an ID of any sort. Once registered your name is listed and you sign in, so I am missing the whys of the republican's concern? And obviously it is only the republicans who suddenly feel this great need. Without question political.

Oh, I APPLAUD voter ID.

But if you make it free, and it does cost SOMETHING to make those things, then it just becomes welfare at the tax payer expense. No, you have to charge something to cover the cost.

Negative.

It's a picture ID that can be used to cast a ballot. There is no "welfare" involved. The government prints tax forms every year; nobody ever gets charged for them--do you call that welfare? Should the government be able to charge you for a form they require you to fill out?

I'm not talking about making driver's licenses free but a picture ID for a voter registration card? You bet.

Forum List

Back