If the stimulus package savad millions of jobs ??

Your claim was that WITH the recovery they said unemployment would go as high as 10-11% and then drop 2 points

No.

Why would you lie about this? Anyone can scroll back and see what I wrote.
Yeah we can. and you are still a liar.

From Post #20 of this thread:
As I mentioned, the report said unemployment could go as high as 11% without stimulus.
So then, what you're saying, is that when I wrote that comment, I meant the exact opposite, and that makes me a liar?

:cuckoo:

Last I checked there were about 1 million less jobs in the USA today then the day obama took office.

Just curious as to how that is a success?

Would you rather have lost 4 million or 1 million?

the thing is we can't really PROVE that we saved jobs but we can assume then claim.

We CAN prove that we lost 1,000,000 jobs since 2009 started.

I forgot to mention one thing.....any way you slice it losing over 1 million jobs, having unemployment stay high, and having our GDP grow at less than 1% (well under the rate of inflation) are all very negative reflections of the Obama adminstration's policies as far as the economy goes.

since libbs like to make the unproven claim that if left had not shoved the the trillion dollar stimulus package down unwilling Americans throats millions of more jobs would have been lost .....can't repubs make the same argument that if we would not have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan millions of American lives would have been lost to terror attacks ??

Funny part is that I could argue that Michal Jordan is only the best basketball player ever because some dumbass never got a basketball for his 5th birthday.

There is no evidence to suggest Obamas stimulus prevented anything.

And without question it didn't do what he promised the American people it would.

Right now we're on the verge of a double dip and IMO we're already in it.

Lets also not forget that Obama spent the money of individuals who aren't even born yet and he has nothing to show for it..

Then democrats wonder why they're called retarded or nefarious communists that are hell bent on destroying the capitalist model?

All Obama created is rampant poverty. Under Obama, even children are starving.

Not only does he tax them to death, but he starves them. How is this guy a Messiah and a savior?

I never thought the Recovery Act was about fixing everything and getting us back to normal. How could it when it was so small and had 1/3 tax cuts? Maybe that's where you and I differ. I always thought it was about preventing a Depression and getting the economy growing again and that's it. By that standard, it was a success. We did not enter a Depression and GDP has been growing since 2009Q3.
I can give you that but we don't differ in the goals here. I never thought that it would fix everything. I also don't think that we would have slid into oblivion if the stimulus was not enacted. That is likely where we differ. In order to see it as a success, you would need to believe that it would have been far worse. In that regard, I don't believe the hype and there really is nothing out there to prove things one way or the other. 'Most economists say' is meaningless tripe when most said the stimulus would work far better than it did or when (and I hate to bring up those number again but) unemployment was going to hit 11 percent WITHOUT the stimulus and it hit almost 11 percent with it too. And then there is the size, 1 TRILLION dollars is small!!! REALLY!!!! What would you consider large? Every soul in America? One trillion dollars is MASSIVE. So massive as a matter of fact, it was difficult to even spend that money in a fast and efficient manner.

Again, this 'recovery' is taking longer than ever and joblessness is the worst it has ever been in terms of length of unemployment. That does not bode well when you are pushing this as a success.
On the jobs front I'm a little more mixed. The report prior to Obama taking office estimated some 3-4 million jobs would be saved or created, and no analysis after the fact, that I can find, shows that we hit that range. 1-3 million seems to be the range, so in that regard, I would say they weren't successful in hitting their target, but you can't call it a failure either, because millions of jobs were saved/created. Not too mention, when speaking about jobs, States have been making cuts and laying people off for 2 years now, so that would negatively reflect on the job picture and cancel out the money they got from the Recovery Act. We would have to factor that out to get a true number that we could apply just to the Recovery Act, and that's a bit beyond me and my little laptop.

But all in all, I would say it was a success more than a failure. With the facts out there, I don't understand why anyone would choose to ignore them and say it was a complete failure.
Here is another one of those so called facts that is a problem. 1-3 million jobs according to whom? The CBO. That is meaningless as the CBO openly admitted their numbers were based on estimates made WHEN THE BILL WAS PASSED! In other words, if the stimulus failed to create one single job and the cash was thrown into the furnace and set on fire, the CBO would have released the exact same number. It was predetermined and had nothing to do with reality. I have yet to see any reliable evidence concerning how many jobs were actually 'saved' or created. I am not optimistic that it is anywhere near a million let alone 1-3. Perhaps you have that evidence?

since libbs like to make the unproven claim that if left had not shoved the the trillion dollar stimulus package down unwilling Americans throats millions of more jobs would have been lost .....can't repubs make the same argument that if we would not have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan millions of American lives would have been lost to terror attacks ??
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh......yeahhhhhhhhh......the Left did all the shoving.

handjob.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w894xqReOdo]Rachel Maddow Exposes Republican Hypocrisy For What It Is......BS.flv - YouTube[/ame]​

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh......yeahhhhhhhhh......the Left did all the shoving.

handjob.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w894xqReOdo]Rachel Maddow Exposes Republican Hypocrisy For What It Is......BS.flv - YouTube[/ame]​

nobody watches that Maddow show.............:lol::lol::lol: What, like maybe 2,000 people see it/night????????!!!!!!!

My question is, if the stimulus was supposed to save millions of jobs why is the unemployment rate up to around 9% since it passed? Of course libs will lie and spin and falsely blame Bush.
BEEN there.........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y04g6OPLnQ]Obama Dismantles Republican Caucus Part 1 of 7 - YouTube[/ame]

.....and, those big, bad Republicans responded with...

ZIP!!!!!!!!

Whatta bunch o' candy-asses.​

It doesn't matter either way DontBeStupid

1. Unemployment is still well over what it was when obama took office
  2. Our GDP growth is well below what it was when obama took office
  3. Our national debt is 30% higher than it was when Obama took office
  4. Our Congress has yet to pass an actual budget since obama took office.
  5. GDP is growing slower than inflation since obama took office.

It just looks bad for this administration no matter how you spin it.

And then there is the size, 1 TRILLION dollars is small!!! REALLY!!!! What would you consider large?

The Recovery Act was $787B over 2 years. Using 2005 dollars, that would be an increase of 3% of our GDP per year if every part of the Recovery Act was spending, which we know it wasn't, so the actual percentage is lower. In 2008Q4 GDP had dropped 8% and in 2009Q1 it had dropped 6.7%.

I figure it needed to be twice the size with a lot less tax cuts.

Then it should be easy for you to find an article where she DID say it.

Take your time.

You're ignoring "Figure 1" from Romer's report:

Obamarecoveryplan.jpg

So, a graph in a report where you omit all footnotes is exactly the same as her promising 8%?

Wow.... wow.

:cuckoo:

I didn't omit the footnotes. They are right there in the report. She didn't articulate the footnotes when she used the graph on TV to convince the public to fund her plan.

Last I checked there were about 1 million less jobs in the USA today then the day obama took office.

Just curious as to how that is a success?

Would you rather have lost 4 million or 1 million?
if not for the Bush tax cuts we would have lost 4 million jobs !!

The Bush tax cuts is what saved this nation, yet liberals want to rescind them and push us into an economic turmoil....oh wait, they already did that.

It doesn't matter either way DontBeStupid

1. Unemployment is still well over what it was when obama took office
  2. Our GDP growth is well below what it was when obama took office
  3. Our national debt is 30% higher than it was when Obama took office
  4. Our Congress has yet to pass an actual budget since obama took office.
  5. GDP is growing slower than inflation since obama took office.

It just looks bad for this administration no matter how you spin it.
FYI
our gdp growth rate has increased since obama took office till now.....january 2009 gdp growth rate was what he was left with and had to beat...as far as i can tell?

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/charts/united-states-gdp-growth-rate.png

I didn't omit the footnotes. They are right there in the report.
Oh! You just omitted them from your post then. Yeah, that's probably best since it proves my point and all.
She didn't articulate the footnotes when she used the graph on TV to convince the public to fund her plan.
She was on TV saying this? Well then, should be easy for you to link to that interview so we can once and for all hear her promise the 8% number!

I await the link.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back