If the stimulus package savad millions of jobs ??

since libbs like to make the unproven claim that if left had not shoved the the trillion dollar stimulus package down unwilling Americans throats millions of more jobs would have been lost .....can't repubs make the same argument that if we would not have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan millions of American lives would have been lost to terror attacks ??
My question is, if the stimulus was supposed to save millions of jobs why is the unemployment rate up to around 9% since it passed? Of course libs will lie and spin and falsely blame Bush.

Unemployment is DOWN to 9.1% and not up because of the stimulus and if more GOP governors had taken the stimulus it would be less.
Remember Bush had a stimulus also. And he allow millions of jobs to move overseas and cut taxes that did not create any jobs.
We would be in the double digits unemployment and in a depression instead of a recession.
We may never get over the mess Bush created in 8 years.
Unemployment rate was 8.5% and rising when Obama took office. It went up and then DOWN to 9.1%.

Gee....ya think you like to repeat the rhetoric?

So you are sticking to the ole "imagine if" crap. ANd the ole "would have been a depression" stuff.

And you are sticking to the ole "Bush did it" crap as well.

Please explain to me what it is that Bush did to the economy that congress did not FIRST ask him to sign into law.

since libbs like to make the unproven claim that if left had not shoved the the trillion dollar stimulus package down unwilling Americans throats millions of more jobs would have been lost .....can't repubs make the same argument that if we would not have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan millions of American lives would have been lost to terror attacks ??
My question is, if the stimulus was supposed to save millions of jobs why is the unemployment rate up to around 9% since it passed? Of course libs will lie and spin and falsely blame Bush.

The report that was issued in support of the Recovery Act estimated that unemployment would most likely go to 10%, but could go as high as 11%. The Recovery Act would then drop that number by 2%. Conservatives use this as their proof Obama promised unemployment would not go over 8%, but the report never claims that. As I mentioned, the report said unemployment could go as high as 11% without stimulus.

In other words, the Recovery Act did exactly what they thought it would do.

Nope. The Recovery act was marketed as necessary to PREVEBT the unemployment from
going above 8%...and it claimned it may hit 11% WITHOUT the recovery act.

Funny....you calim it did exactly what it said it would do.....but Obama admits it didnt...Romer admitted it didnt.

But you know better.

LMAO....pathetic.

The report that was issued in support of the Recovery Act estimated that unemployment would most likely go to 10%, but could go as high as 11%. The Recovery Act would then drop that number by 2%. Conservatives use this as their proof Obama promised unemployment would not go over 8%, but the report never claims that. As I mentioned, the report said unemployment could go as high as 11% without stimulus.

Nope. The Recovery act was marketed as necessary to PREVEBT the unemployment from

Utterly false.

You should read the report before talking about things you don't know.

Utterly false.

I did.
Quite obvious you didnt.
Or you mis read it.
Read it again.

Utterly false.

I did.
Quite obvious you didnt.
Or you mis read it.
Read it again.

Then you can tell us the section where they promise unemployment won't go over 8%.

A link will be fine. Thanks.

Utterly false.

I did.
Quite obvious you didnt.
Or you mis read it.
Read it again.

Then you can tell us the section where they promise unemployment won't go over 8%.

They dont. Christina Romer put out a memo stating that it is bekliueved that the stiumulus will prevent unemployment from going above 8%...and the lack of one will result in unemployment at 9%.

Please show me what section stated that with the stimulus, unemployment will hit 10 to 11% but then go down 2 points....as you claimed it said.

A link will be fine.

I did.
Quite obvious you didnt.
Or you mis read it.
Read it again.

They dont. Christina Romer put out a memo stating that it is bekliueved that the stiumulus will prevent unemployment from going above 8%...and the lack of one will result in unemployment at 9%.

Please show me what section stated that with the stimulus, unemployment will hit 10 to 11% but then go down 2 points....as you claimed it said.

A link will be fine.

http://otrans.3cdn.net/ee40602f9a7d8172b8_ozm6bt5oi.pdf

"Forecasts of the unemployment rate without the recovery plan vary substantially. Some private forecasters anticipate unemployment rates as high as 11% in the absence of action."

You're welcome.

A link will be fine.

"Forecasts of the unemployment rate without the recovery plan vary substantially. Some private forecasters anticipate unemployment rates as high as 11% in the absence of action."

You're welcome.

Uh....Asshole....
read the bolded word.
Your claim was that WITH the recovery they said unemployment would go as high as 10-11% and then drop 2 points....and then youy said "it did exactly what they predicted"

So you proved yourself wrong.
They NEVER said it would go to 10 maybe 11% with the stimulus.

And it did.

How does it feel to be an asshole?

A link will be fine.

You're welcome.

And BDBoop thanked you for proving yourself wrong.

Gotta love it.

As she prepares to step down as President Obama's chief economist, Christina Romer said Friday that she wishes she could redo one of her first official acts for the president: last January's forecast that a big shot of federal spending would save millions of jobs and keep the unemployment rate under 8 percent.

Economist Christina Romer regrets saying jobless rate would stay below 8 percent

You should read your own links before posting them. From the article you posted:

Asked about the report, Romer said in an interview: "One could have presented it differently. If we'd only talked about the effect of the stimulus on the change in unemployment [instead of predicting the unemployment rate itself] . . . it would have been better. The thing I obviously couldn't control is the baseline forecast, and that's the thing I'm getting criticized for."

Except for the unexpectedly severe collapse in economic growth, Romer said, the report has turned out to be "very accurate."

Here is your post that I refuted...and then you follishly posted a link that refutes it as well.

As she prepares to step down as President Obama's chief economist, Christina Romer said Friday that she wishes she could redo one of her first official acts for the president: last January's forecast that a big shot of federal spending would save millions of jobs and keep the unemployment rate under 8 percent.

Economist Christina Romer regrets saying jobless rate would stay below 8 percent

You should read your own links before posting them. From the article you posted:

Asked about the report, Romer said in an interview: "One could have presented it differently. If we'd only talked about the effect of the stimulus on the change in unemployment [instead of predicting the unemployment rate itself] . . . it would have been better. The thing I obviously couldn't control is the baseline forecast, and that's the thing I'm getting criticized for."

Except for the unexpectedly severe collapse in economic growth, Romer said, the report has turned out to be "very accurate."

I did read it.
I agree that the error was citing actual percentages.
But it was not done in error....it was done to market the stimulus.
They needed to use figures to get it passed.....

The stimulus in their eyes, did what they beliueved it would do.....again in their eyes...they claim unemployment would be as much as 2% higher without it.

I disagree with that assessment...for reasons I prefer not to go over now.....

But the issue was they painted thewmselves in a corner by doiung what they had to in an efort to get support....citing figures that were "off the cuff".

That was a major error by this administration...a trillion dollars was borrowed based on false numbers.

Utterly false.

Above is your claim, my response and then your response.

SO dont call me a liar. I do not lie.

thye irony DBS?

You and I are kind of on the same page here...
If we were speaking face to face we never would have had this misunderstanding.

the only difference we have...
I believe without the stimulus and instead government action being no talk of healthcare, no talk of cap andf trade, no talk of Bush cuyts rolling back.....unemplouyment would have receded.

You see it differently.

Ideological differences.

since libbs like to make the unproven claim that if left had not shoved the the trillion dollar stimulus package down unwilling Americans throats millions of more jobs would have been lost

"According to a new report from the nonpartisan CBO, the stimulus saved up to 2.9 million jobs : A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report estimates that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) increased the number of people employed by between 1.0 million and 2.9 million jobs as of June. "

CBO estimates recovery act saved up to 2.9 million jobs; Perry vows opposition to any new stimulus – - Americas ReviewAmericas Review

How many jobs did it create again? Last I checked there were about 1 million less jobs in the USA today then the day obama took office.

Just curious as to how that is a success?

Utterly false.

Above is your claim, my response and then your response.

SO dont call me a liar. I do not lie.

You're either a liar, illiterate or too scared to admit you were proven wrong. Which is it?

I clearly wrote that without stimulus the unemployment rate could go to 11%, which is what's in the report and was what I quoted. The report clearly talks about if unemployment were to go to 10%, the Recovery Act could get it down to 8%. A 2 percentage point drop. Which is what happened. A 2 percentage point drop, only from the higher estimate of 11%.

I don't think I can be any more clear on this, and I have no idea why you are choosing to ignore what I'm saying.

Forum List

Back