If the Sandy Hook incident does not bring on changes due to the NRA NO

Whenever the debate starts in D.C., the NRA doesn't get to sidetrack the issue with talk about the cosmetic aspects of assault weapons. And they don't get a veto on any other discussions.

The issue is too dire to leave it to the lackeys of the gun manufacturers.

Cosmetics? Are you serious? The whole anti gun movement is based on a lie one after another lie on top of a lie.
Why was the assault weapons ban of 1996 watered down and largely ineffective? because the NRA took over and wrote a bill based on nonsense like detachable stocks, flash suppressors, grips and bayonet mounts. Thus is the poison when gun lobbyists and their lackeys in Congress write gun bans.

The NRA wrote the assault weapons ban?

:cuckoo:

Cosmetics? Are you serious? The whole anti gun movement is based on a lie one after another lie on top of a lie.
Why was the assault weapons ban of 1996 watered down and largely ineffective? because the NRA took over and wrote a bill based on nonsense like detachable stocks, flash suppressors, grips and bayonet mounts. Thus is the poison when gun lobbyists and their lackeys in Congress write gun bans.

That's ok you can rewrite history all you want. I'll be there to bust your lie every time.
What in the fuck are you talking about?
facts

That's ok you can rewrite history all you want. I'll be there to bust your lie every time.
What in the fuck are you talking about?
facts

link?

Not only was is watered down by teh gun lobby, they also saw to it that statistical evidence of gun violence was suppressed. Data collected by the DoJ, the BATF, the CDC and the NIH was forbidden to be released tot eh public by locking up any funding for their release.

And I negged you for the ignorance crack. If assault weapons were designed to throw as much lead as quickly as possible, why were they designed with semi-automatic firing systems and large capacity magazines? Calling me ignorant and ignoring these facts is more than ironic. It demonstrates a lack of capacity to reason on your part.

A National Database for the sale of semi-automatic weapons and high capacity magazines.

Fuck that. Keeping tabs on gun owners is a prelude to confiscation. I can't imagine anything more totalitarian. You would think the police were actually able to track criminals down when the record shows they practically have to be caught in the act to get caught.

Close the gun show loophole whereby any private sales do not include a background check.

More Orwellian horseshit.

The end of the manufacture, sale importation and distribution of high capacity magazines and a national tax on ammunition to fund these efforts.

Fuck that as well.

What about the straw man buyer issue? Should someone be permitted to buy dozens of guns at once? Should they then be permitted to sell them to folks who do not submit to a background check? Can we agree that there is a problem and obstinence provides no solution?

Each of these has an existing governing law.
And yet the problem persists. Does that suggest that the law as written is fundamentally flawed?

A National Database for the sale of semi-automatic weapons and high capacity magazines.

Fuck that. Keeping tabs on gun owners is a prelude to confiscation. I can't imagine anything more totalitarian. You would think the police were actually able to track criminals down when the record shows they practically have to be caught in the act to get caught.

Close the gun show loophole whereby any private sales do not include a background check.

The end of the manufacture, sale importation and distribution of high capacity magazines and a national tax on ammunition to fund these efforts.

Fuck that as well.
Cursing (the hallmark of the small mind) aside, would you agree that there is a problem with gun violence in this country today?

If assault weapons were designed to throw as much lead as quickly as possible, why were they designed with semi-automatic firing systems and large capacity magazines?

So you dont have to manually cock it for each shot or reload quickly.
Which makes mass shootings possible, don't you think?

Criminals make mass shooting possible.

For millions of Americans it makes target and defensive shooting possible.

Not only was is watered down by teh gun lobby, they also saw to it that statistical evidence of gun violence was suppressed. Data collected by the DoJ, the BATF, the CDC and the NIH was forbidden to be released tot eh public by locking up any funding for their release.

And I negged you for the ignorance crack. If assault weapons were designed to throw as much lead as quickly as possible, why were they designed with semi-automatic firing systems and large capacity magazines? Calling me ignorant and ignoring these facts is more than ironic. It demonstrates a lack of capacity to reason on your part.

You're the one repeating statements that are not true.

The M-16 was designed to be lightweight, field serviceable, and suitable for combat operations in medium range environments. Plenty of other weapons fire more deadly bullets at higher rates of speed.

If you don't want to be called ignorant, do some research before you post on a topic of which you are not educated.

Where did you get the idea that the M-16 was designed "to kill as many people as possible?" Since you object to being called ignorant, where did you receive your education on the M-16 and firearms in general?

why was the assault weapons ban of 1996 watered down and largely ineffective? Because the nra took over and wrote a bill based on nonsense like detachable stocks, flash suppressors, grips and bayonet mounts. Thus is the poison when gun lobbyists and their lackeys in congress write gun bans.

the nra wrote the assault weapons ban?

not only was is watered down by teh gun lobby, they also saw to it that statistical evidence of gun violence was suppressed. Data collected by the doj, the batf, the cdc and the nih was forbidden to be released tot eh public by locking up any funding for their release.

And i negged you for the ignorance crack. If assault weapons were designed to throw as much lead as quickly as possible, why were they designed with semi-automatic firing systems and large capacity magazines? Calling me ignorant and ignoring these facts is more than ironic. It demonstrates a lack of capacity to reason on your part.

link?

Each of these has an existing governing law.
And yet the problem persists. Does that suggest that the law as written is fundamentally flawed?

I don't see a problem with the gun. It is the man.
Then stricter background checks is something you would be willing to explore.[/QUOTE]

The strictest penalties.

Including certain medication users in the NICS.

We come from a history of gun ownership.

Lack of swift and certain penalty is what has changed.

You're the one repeating statements that are not true.

The M-16 was designed to be lightweight, field serviceable, and suitable for combat operations in medium range environments. Plenty of other weapons fire more deadly bullets at higher rates of speed.

If you don't want to be called ignorant, do some research before you post on a topic of which you are not educated.

Where did you get the idea that the M-16 was designed "to kill as many people as possible?" Since you object to being called ignorant, where did you receive your education on the M-16 and firearms in general?
Something private citizens should have? If it was designed for combat operations, why do they belong on the streets?

And the fully automatic function is rarely used and troops are discouraged from engaging it. The weapon, like most fully automatic weapons, tends to drift upward when the fully automatic function is engaged, wasting ammunition and making the weapon far less accurate..

Fuck that as well.
Cursing (the hallmark of the small mind) aside, would you agree that there is a problem with gun violence in this country today?

I would agree there is a problem with liberal idiots who think "gun free zones" and other counter productive policies can prevent people from being murdered.

I don't see a problem with the gun. It is the man.
Then stricter background checks is something you would be willing to explore.

The strictest penalties.

Including certain medication users in the NICS.

We come from a history of gun ownership.

Lack of swift and certain penalty is what has changed.[/QUOTE]But don't penalties only address the crime after the fact? Wouldn't it be prudent to check out those crazy enough to want the weapons in the first place? I mean just yearning after such weapons ought to be a tip off as to the sanity of the purchaser.

But don't penalties only address the crime after the fact? Wouldn't it be prudent to check out those crazy enough to want the weapons in the first place? I mean just yearning after such weapons ought to be a tip off as to the sanity of the purchaser.

Not the right kind of consistent penalty.

So if I want an AR15 im crazy.....and judged insane.

Should I be locked up for wanting one ?

Forum List

Back