If the red states and blue states separated into two countries, what would result?

So you're moving on now from trying to argue that the union isn't forced?

No. Because it isn't. There are only a select few on this thread, like you, who are complaining about a 'forced union.'

Re-read my last post now that you've officially moved the goal posts over to the slavery debate.

Read this post to understand how I never did anything of the sort.

No one is complaining about it, you simpleton. I'm pointing out that it isn't a union because it is a forced one. Making it something else entirely.

From there you've schizo'd all over the place except addressing the force used to hold the 'union' together. And the best you've come up with is "nobody else in here thinks it is."

Great argument, dullard.

I'm done here.

The civil war was fought for state rights versus federal power of control and look who won. Look at what we have today because the North won.

So, am I to believe that slavery wouldn't have existed had the North lost? I'm beginning to think people have lost focus on what really was at stake here.

Nobody went to the battle field to free a slave or keep one

Yes they did, at least for the south:

The Reasons for Secession

Nobody on either side give a fuck about slaves and neither side would have fought to the death for slaves free or not.

So, does that me we shouldn't care now? Understand this: whatever the motives were for the war for the North, ultimately it ended a barbaric practice being employed by a secessionist movement. The South was depriving individuals of their liberty, states rights or not, you don't enslave people for any purpose.

I'm done here.

Yes you are. You may wish to step out of the box next time.

From there you've schizo'd all over the place except addressing the force used to hold the 'union' together. And the best you've come up with is "nobody else in here thinks it is."

I see, so when your argument gains no traction, you resort to calling me names. Surely you have more substantive premises for your argument. And, for the record, you failed to acknowledge the consequences of secession, or the will of the people in regards to such a measure. You are incapable of seeing the bigger picture here.

How can a union not be forced without one side attacking the other for wanting to leave?

I hear the government allows those who wish to 'leave' to expatriate. Nobody (not even our government) is forcing you or anyone else to remain a citizen here against your will. I also know for a fact nobody from the government will attempt to kill you for doing so. Hence this reasoning of a 'forced union' is baseless.

I'm done here.

Yes you are. You may wish to step out of the box next time.

I see, so when your argument gains no traction, you resort to calling me names. Surely you have more substantive premises for your argument. And, for the record, you failed to acknowledge the consequences of secession, or the will of the people in regards to such a measure. You are incapable of seeing the bigger picture here.

You have no argument at all. You've just poorly shuffled a bunch of topics together constantly switching the goal posts up. The union is forced and therefore not a group of people combining efforts for a shared goal. It's something else entirely.

The best you have is " no one else thinks so" and "slavery!"
The names you have been given are due to these failures.

How can a union not be forced without one side attacking the other for wanting to leave?

I hear the government allows those who wish to 'leave' to expatriate. Nobody (not even our government) is forcing you or anyone else to remain a citizen here against your will. I also know for a fact nobody from the government will attempt to kill you for doing so. Hence this reasoning of a 'forced union' is baseless.

Right, but an entire state or group of them looking to shed federal authority is not authorized to break off. You call this common interest. Which it isn't. I called it coerciveness. Which it is.

You're are still failing miserably to make the case that the union is not a coercive one.

You failed to prove how it IS a coercive union. It's funny too, all of the so-called conservatives such as yourself extol the Constitution, but ignore the 'perfect union' it tried to create.

Selective memory. It happens to both sides. Hence why I am not part of either one. There are people who wish to destroy this country over some contorted version of 'states rights' without ever acknowledging the will of the entire populous. States consist of people, the people make up the states, and the union of which create the United States of America. Without the people, America doesn't exist, and the states do not exist.

The main ingredient is people. Not states. Get it though that foot thick titanium steel skull of yours.

Last edited:
Jeebus, youre either trolling me or so fucking stupid I can not even reply anymore. Either way, I aint replying.

I made my case clear and concisely. You've done NOTHING to show your stance holds merit except logical fallacy and utter failure. Good day, Derp.

...Nobody went to the battle field to free a slave...

main.php

Right, but an entire state or group of them looking to shed federal authority is not authorized to break off.

Sure, because they agreed to be a part of the union. They weren't forced. What happens when someone breaks an agreement or contract, mayhap? You can't just take the contract and tear it up, can you?

Jeebus, youre either trolling me or so fucking stupid I can not even reply anymore. Either way, I aint replying.

You just did. Give it up. In the face of a superior argument you call me a troll, a derp, stupid, or ignorant. Please.

A superior argument full of logical fallacies. Now I know you're trolling me. Well done. Good troll.

:lmao:

So you are completely ignoring the civil war. Some wanted to expatriate, the government through war forced them to be citizens. And the Northern government did indeed kill many in order to make that point.

Where has Schlicter been, in a coma? There are no red states or blue states. The term is an invention of the media to make it easier to call election results. There are blue voters in red states and red voters in blue states. Outside of some radical preppers and left wing hate groups we are all basically Americans in red and blue states and our differences are ironed out in the voting booth. It's insulting for idiots like Schlicter to bring up this crap.

Forum List

Back