If the Founding Fathers knew how the great nation they built became what it is today...

...would they roll over in their graves?

I can't imagine the horror they would feel knowing the great nation they built was corrupted by the most wealthy. Hell how could they separate the billionaires from King George? The billionaires' hand in our government has corrupted it from the outside in. There's no way in hell they would have allowed Citizen's United. Had they known that such a toxic piece of legislation would be created, they would have created language in the constitution forbidding it.

How about our terrible public education system? It ranks as one of the worst compared to the rest of the developed world.

How about our staggering income inequality? We have one of the worst child poverty rates in the developed world yet all the income gains are going to the very top. In all, 15% of our nation lives in poverty. Why? It's because low wage jobs largely outnumber higher wage jobs. That means MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ACCEPT LOW WAGE JOBS. Poverty is INEVITABLE unless wages are raised drastically for the poor. Oh, and lets not forget about the shrinking middle class. It isn't the wealthy "job creators" that keep this country afloat. It's the middle class.

How about our terrible infrastructure system and the lack of revenue to pay for it? You can put ALL the blame on republicans for that one.

How about our imperialistic military?

How about Tea baggers in general?

"American exceptionalism" is a joke. Get it through your heads. I know it gives you republicans warm and fuzzy feelings to declare our nation "the greatest on Earth", but you are just kidding yourselves for the sake of feeling superior.
Thx billy if it wasn't for you we wouldn't know how low the bar can go for being a piece of shit libtard.

nezxwm.jpg

Some infernal woman threw red paint on my coat!

anbvgl.jpg

Preposterous! They asked me for "Voter ID". So I gave them a dollar. LOL

They were the 1%; that part they would have appreciated.

The expansion of the ballot to everyone 18 and older, regardless of sex or race or religion or property, would have horrified them.

If they were alive today, more than half of them would have to be arrested for crimes against humanity

What a foolish thread of present-ism

m1qo9.png

How could you write all men are created equal and own slaves!?!

wgu8wj.jpg

Is it true you don't allow men into your bedchamber? Perhaps if I put you over my knee for a few thwacks, I could help straighten you out.

20u1mxh.jpg

Oh my god. You are SO eighteenth century...

wgu8wj.jpg

Ah! I see now. Mayhaps if I cut you a federal government check to procreate?

I can't imagine the horror they would feel knowing the great nation they built was corrupted by the most wealthy. Hell how could they separate the billionaires from King George? The billionaires' hand in our government has corrupted it from the outside in. There's no way in hell they would have allowed Citizen's United. Had they known that such a toxic piece of legislation would be created, they would have created language in the constitution forbidding it.

How about our terrible public education system? It ranks as one of the worst compared to the rest of the developed world.

How about our staggering income inequality? We have one of the worst child poverty rates in the developed world yet all the income gains are going to the very top. In all, 15% of our nation lives in poverty. Why? It's because low wage jobs largely outnumber higher wage jobs. That means MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ACCEPT LOW WAGE JOBS. Poverty is INEVITABLE unless wages are raised drastically for the poor. Oh, and lets not forget about the shrinking middle class. It isn't the wealthy "job creators" that keep this country afloat. It's the middle class.

How about our terrible infrastructure system and the lack of revenue to pay for it? You can put ALL the blame on republicans for that one.

"American exceptionalism" is a joke. Get it through your heads. I know it gives you republicans warm and fuzzy feelings to declare our nation "the greatest on Earth", but you are just kidding yourselves for the sake of feeling superior.

Yep, when you look into the mirror, you see pretty much what the rest of us see. A washed up, useless whiny liberal who's idea of self-sufficiency is being able to take the cap off of your own beer bottle. Not sure where you live and frankly, I don't really care. Just a thought though... stay there. There's nothing in the middle of the country except those dang conservatives who think the ideas behind this country is pretty damn special. You? Not so much...
Lol it's amazing you people make connections that do not exist. What the fuck does this topic have to do with my own self-sufficiency? I know you people like to pathetically generalize liberals as being lazy or moochers because it makes you feel superior and validated about your own positions, but you sound like a complete idiot when you bring it up out of nowhere.

To answer your question succinctly, there would be mass executions.

And who gives a damn what you think about America? I think America is still the greatest country in the world, and the greatest to come along in human history. If you don't like America, feel free to get the hell out.

That happens when you throw money at stuff without any results... and when you have liberals running the education system. Oh, and let's not forget common core. That is a conscious effort to destroy our education system.

How about our staggering income inequality?

So if everyone made the same amount of money, then what? I really doubt you are willing to implement such a system. The desire to prosper is inherent in all of us. People fight their own poverty by seeking out every means possible to enter into just prosperity. You fight poverty by taking money from others and giving it to someone else.

Why? It's because low wage jobs largely outnumber higher wage jobs. That means MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ACCEPT LOW WAGE JOBS.

Between 2009-2013 during the "recovery" in which the economy regained 4.5 million jobs, there were 1.7 million low wage jobs compared to 1.1 million higher wage jobs. A some 800,000 difference. "Millions" is quite the stretch Billy. Of all the hiring in 2009, low wage jobs made up roughly 1/5 of all hiring done. The median low wage job paid a median of $13.83 an hour. Forty percent of those jobs between 2009-2013 were jobs that paid that amount.

So, how is $13.83 an hour a bad thing? Given what the minimum wage across America is/was, why are you complaining about income inequality when the median salary is nearly twice the minimum wage?

The Uneven Growth of High and Low-Wage Jobs Across America - CityLab

How? Are you about to play the Amtrak card again?
!) Lol how else are you supposed to fix our education system without throwing money at it? As long as it is spent responsibly, money is the way to fix it. This isn't a hard idea to grasp.

2) Okay I am going to do my best to explain simple math to you. As of 2015, 11 million jobs have been created, most of which are low wage jobs. I don't know where you are getting your numbers, but it really doesn't matter because the "millions" I was referring to were jobs that had already existed and new jobs. 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. When totaling all existing jobs, low wage jobs outnumber higher wage jobs.

Now, I really hope you went to high school because you obviously don't understand the concept of median. Median refers the middle the number. That means if the high end wages (the top 1%) are taken into account, the median and low numbers are going to be skewed high. Median doesn't mean average. The average wage is not $13.83. That isn't how it works.

3) Republicans refuse any bills to fix the infrastructure system. They also refuse to raise taxes which is the only way to pay for it besides racking up more debt.

To answer your question succinctly, there would be mass executions.

And who gives a damn what you think about America? I think America is still the greatest country in the world, and the greatest to come along in human history. If you don't like America, feel free to get the hell out.

That happens when you throw money at stuff without any results... and when you have liberals running the education system. Oh, and let's not forget common core. That is a conscious effort to destroy our education system.

How about our staggering income inequality?

So if everyone made the same amount of money, then what? I really doubt you are willing to implement such a system. The desire to prosper is inherent in all of us. People fight their own poverty by seeking out every means possible to enter into just prosperity. You fight poverty by taking money from others and giving it to someone else.

Why? It's because low wage jobs largely outnumber higher wage jobs. That means MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ACCEPT LOW WAGE JOBS.

Between 2009-2013 during the "recovery" in which the economy regained 4.5 million jobs, there were 1.7 million low wage jobs compared to 1.1 million higher wage jobs. A some 800,000 difference. "Millions" is quite the stretch Billy. Of all the hiring in 2009, low wage jobs made up roughly 1/5 of all hiring done. The median low wage job paid a median of $13.83 an hour. Forty percent of those jobs between 2009-2013 were jobs that paid that amount.

So, how is $13.83 an hour a bad thing? Given what the minimum wage across America is/was, why are you complaining about income inequality when the median salary is nearly twice the minimum wage?

The Uneven Growth of High and Low-Wage Jobs Across America - CityLab

How? Are you about to play the Amtrak card again?
!) Lol how else are you supposed to fix our education system without throwing money at it? As long as it is spent responsibly, money is the way to fix it. This isn't a hard idea to grasp.

2) Okay I am going to do my best to explain simple math to you. As of 2015, 11 million jobs have been created, most of which are low wage jobs. I don't know where you are getting your numbers, but it really doesn't matter because the "millions" I was referring to were jobs that had already existed and new jobs. 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. When totaling all existing jobs, low wage jobs outnumber higher wage jobs.

Now, I really hope you went to high school because you obviously don't understand the concept of median. Median refers the middle the number. That means if the high end wages (the top 1%) are taken into account, the median and low numbers are going to be skewed high. Median doesn't mean average. The average wage is not $13.83. That isn't how it works.

3) Republicans refuse any bills to fix the infrastructure system. They also refuse to raise taxes which is the only way to pay for it besides racking up more debt.
Billy you can piss your money away if you like. But as for me, I think I'd prefer to spend my money more wisely than just throwing it away into a black hole as a way to pretend to be fixing something. FYI paying a bad teacher twice as much money is not gonna make that teacher a fantastic teacher. Putting kids up in a Palace is not gonna give them an education.

If you want better results you have to change how the system works works. For example, eliminate tenure.

Last edited:
They did know. Ben Franklin explained it all very well at the adoption of the Constitution.

Founders would likely be among the militia types trying to overthrow the government. Not even kidding.

ROFLMNAO.

To be sure, the Founders would be ashamed of us.

And by "us", I am speaking of the Americans and by Americans I am speaking of those recognize, respect, defend and adhere to the principal that define America. Principles that the Founders recognized and set the US UPON.

There shame would be that we tolerate people like YOU.

We are ashamed of the Founders' slavery, antipathy to women and minorities, and callousness toward the poor.

I can't imagine the horror they would feel knowing the great nation they built was corrupted by the most wealthy.

wealthy ?? come on now, you should have typed, "greedy liberscum" 8 years of Bubba liberism and nearly 7 years of "hope & change" + "fundamentally change America" has brought on this "horror" we are now experiencing. :up:

:fu: billy zero, zero, zero + :up_yours:

Forum List

Back