If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I see employers have never had an easier time filling most positions. The workforce has never been this productive and willing to perform.
Yes, living paycheck to paycheck can have that effect.
damn, are you still parroting the living paycheck to paycheck bullshit. Get a fucking life. That is their "CHOICE" to live paycheck to paycheck, if they really had any intelligence(that eliminates the liberals) they would find a better paying job, sometimes you have to leave your little hamlet, to find really great paying jobs.

Because far to many people don't know how to manage money or how to live within there means if you can't or wont do this your going to be in financial peril no matter what the economy is like.

I don't know if it's that so much or that we conditioned people to believe somebody will always bail them out. We no longer live in a world of working or starving. Somehow, somewhere there is a program for everybody in the event of failure.

So how many younger people do you know today that work a lot of hours or have two jobs? That's what we did years ago. I know or am familiar with very few. One of them is my nephew, but he's in his early 30's still living at home with his mother. He has a Masters degree and is trying to payoff college loans. I think a lot of younger people find themselves in that situation today because we have way more people going to college than years ago, and even then, college was affordable back then.
Keep in mind that a lot of the "unemployment" among young people is due to job changes. And yes, there are plenty of young people that have two jobs. One of my granddaughters is going to college and has two jobs now. One of my daughters is raising 3 kids on her own and has 2 jobs. Often a second job is a necessity for young people because many jobs today are part time and temp.

The other day, I was talking to the girl that was cleaning our condo. She's in college in her second year majoring in Fine Arts. I ask what she planned to do with her degree. She said, she had no idea where she might get a job but anything would better than cleaning houses and raising her kids on welfare. I think there are a lot of kids like this. They don't have the aptitude or background to get an education that leads to really good paying jobs so they get an education in something that they hope will just help them get a job with possibilities, at least something better than scrubbing floors and toilets.

There is truth to that. My niece wanted to go to college to be a marine biologist. Asked her why, and she said she loved dolphins. It took a little doing, but we explained to her that when she wants to see dolphins, go to Sea World. In the meantime, learn something that will land you a career.

She graduated with a biology degree, and she's still waiting tables at a restaurant in Florida.
And that is the problem with Higher education today. It is like a burger flipper, there are too many kids graduating from college with massive debts, while one of my friends who happens to be black, opened a trade school, where kids can get dirty learning about construction, heating and air conditioning, plumbing and other high paying skills where the need is great. Supply and demand, you have too many "educated" people the demand is down, you dont have too many brick layers, welders, the demand is high, so is the pay...

From what I see employers have never had an easier time filling most positions. The workforce has never been this productive and willing to perform.
Yes, living paycheck to paycheck can have that effect.
damn, are you still parroting the living paycheck to paycheck bullshit. Get a fucking life. That is their "CHOICE" to live paycheck to paycheck, if they really had any intelligence(that eliminates the liberals) they would find a better paying job, sometimes you have to leave your little hamlet, to find really great paying jobs.
Gotcha. So, not a problem for us to address, because they CHOSE it. Like I said, keep it up. Nice and loud.

Is it right that banks borrow from the fed at 2 or 3% then banks charge 24% intrest on credit card balances. I think everyone should be able to borrow from the fed at 2% intrest.
Since you are a dumbass, and I will explain why 20% is charged on credit cards. How many people default on credit cards?
20% on a credit card when banks pay 2% on savings is criminal

Credit cards are a choice, not a mandate.
a choice that should be avoided at all cost

Some people can't and others fall on hard luck, so it's always good to have. If you try to limit yourself to use it only in an emergency or only if you can pay the entire bill at the end of the month, that's a good thing because it helps your credit rating.

Because far to many people don't know how to manage money or how to live within there means if you can't or wont do this your going to be in financial peril no matter what the economy is like.

I don't know if it's that so much or that we conditioned people to believe somebody will always bail them out. We no longer live in a world of working or starving. Somehow, somewhere there is a program for everybody in the event of failure.

So how many younger people do you know today that work a lot of hours or have two jobs? That's what we did years ago. I know or am familiar with very few. One of them is my nephew, but he's in his early 30's still living at home with his mother. He has a Masters degree and is trying to payoff college loans. I think a lot of younger people find themselves in that situation today because we have way more people going to college than years ago, and even then, college was affordable back then.
Keep in mind that a lot of the "unemployment" among young people is due to job changes. And yes, there are plenty of young people that have two jobs. One of my granddaughters is going to college and has two jobs now. One of my daughters is raising 3 kids on her own and has 2 jobs. Often a second job is a necessity for young people because many jobs today are part time and temp.

The other day, I was talking to the girl that was cleaning our condo. She's in college in her second year majoring in Fine Arts. I ask what she planned to do with her degree. She said, she had no idea where she might get a job but anything would better than cleaning houses and raising her kids on welfare. I think there are a lot of kids like this. They don't have the aptitude or background to get an education that leads to really good paying jobs so they get an education in something that they hope will just help them get a job with possibilities, at least something better than scrubbing floors and toilets.

There is truth to that. My niece wanted to go to college to be a marine biologist. Asked her why, and she said she loved dolphins. It took a little doing, but we explained to her that when she wants to see dolphins, go to Sea World. In the meantime, learn something that will land you a career.

She graduated with a biology degree, and she's still waiting tables at a restaurant in Florida.
And that is the problem with Higher education today. It is like a burger flipper, there are too many kids graduating from college with massive debts, while one of my friends who happens to be black, opened a trade school, where kids can get dirty learning about construction, heating and air conditioning, plumbing and other high paying skills where the need is great. Supply and demand, you have too many "educated" people the demand is down, you dont have too many brick layers, welders, the demand is high, so is the pay...

Agreed. The problem is when kids think of higher education, it's to avoid working with their hands. If they're going to go through all that trouble, it better be for a desk job and nothing less.

My nephew just got a divorce. One of the problems in their marriage was college debt. She felt the natural time clock ticking and he wanted for them to pay off their college loans before starting a family. She took marketing in college. She ended up working at a bank when they finally decided on a divorce.

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

You know fuckwad traitor, the middle class has seen gains in the last two years for the first time in decades.

You democrats are dedicated to putting an end to that.

Under Obama the income gap got much larger then than it is today. Yet the libfucks didnt complain about Obama's economy which was creating 4.5 trillion FAUX dollars that make the Uber liberal rich people even richer...Why is that?

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

Most families live from paycheck to paycheck. Millions of working Americans are living one paycheck from being homeless. Some of those 800,000 people furrowed who will miss their second paycheck will be out on the streets as Donald Trump settles down to his nightly whisky and soda and his specially made king size bed.

Trump doesn't drink. He's against alcohol consumption.

Yes, I read that but I also read he had a whisky and soda a couple ours before bed but whatever.

I think it all starts when your very young.
Absolutely. And it's not just the values instilled, it's the very concept of having a safety net and support structure that allows you to sieze opportunities, take risks, and even sometimes fail.

It was one thing to be able to attend college. It was quite another to actually get by and pay electric bills, amd rent , and to eat, and to afford textbooks and supplies. More than once I saw kids just not make it, because they had no good support structure.
Right.
A support structure be it parents, school, community, of government makes it possible for many to succeed that would otherwise fair. However, some people are going succeed no matter what. They are the truly the lucky ones.

Unfortunately, there are way too many people that are just plain terrible at managing money.

Too many people don't have a rainy day fund. Every month, they just spend every dollar they earn.

Like Bill Maher? Or Barrack Obama? Or Warren Buffet? Or Bill Gates? Or the Clintons? Or me? I am doing just fine, because I dont rely on someone else to take care of me, but have enough income of my own, not to worry about missing a paycheck. Many of my friends, who own their own businesses dont worry about missing a paycheck either. Seems that when you rely on the government to take care of you, you will be fucked every time by that government. The government isnt the answer, the government is the problem....

Did you miss the part about paycheck, or are you really that obtuse?

Most people work for a living as employees and don't own their own business. They don't rely on the government.

Like Maher said, the problem is we can't have a socioeconomic system, that is of the benefit of the few.

Which is why we will be returning to a socioeconomic system that existed between 1947-1980.

Being the successful business owner that you are, this shouldn't be an issue for you right?

I have my income coming in from Dividend paying stocks between 6 - 10% annually. I started investing back in 1987 with Home Depot and bought other stocks since then. My annual income is over $400,000 year. Everyone could be doing this, but the liberal elites dont want you to know about it, because then you would be more like them....

Yeah, I use to think that. I started investing in stocks and mutual funds in 1968 and have never stopped which has provided a great income for me and my family and has made it possible to help family members who needed help

However, many people are just not that lucky. I was because I got to go college and got a good paying job and kept one till I retired. For various reasons many people just lose faith in themselves. They believe they are losers and that's what they become. They would never invest in the stock market because they don't believe they will succeed.

I think it all starts when your very young. Some parents can instill in their kids self esteem and a believe that they can succeed. Other parents do just the opposite.

However, many people are just not that lucky.
You shouldn't play the stock market if you think it is luck. It takes work and knowledge to play the market. Back in 2007 when Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, caused the housing bubble, I went to a restaurant with my kids, because at the time, the crowd was all the way out the door and around the building. After eating there, I went and checked out the stock and found that before the crash it was $155 a share but was now down to 50. So bought in with $40,000 and waited for it to go back up. Boy did it go up...CMG (Chipotle Mexican Grill). Yeah, it was a risk, but a small one, because companies that provide good food and service, cheaply, I knew had a place. I sold at $400 a share, thus making 8 x profits. All the resources to be a good investors is right in front of everyone who is reading this.

Stock market today: News, data and summary - MSN Money

I don't play the stock market because to me it's not a game. And no, I haven't found it takes a tremendous amount of study or time. I stared off dollar cost averaging in the blue chips rarely selling anything. Later I switched part of my portfolio to index funds. When I retired I switch about half my portfolio to municipal bonds which took a lot more of my time than I wished to expend, so later a switched to municipal bond funds. Could I have done better "playing the market"? Maybe, but maybe not. However, I'm satisfied.

Sorry but the economy is NOT great, unless you are one of the corporations that received a record tax cut from Trump, or one of the wealthiest 0.01% of individuals that received a record tax cut from Trump.

Why are so many only one paycheck away from living in a trailer down by the river, or being homeless?

It's America.

Like Bill Maher? Or Barrack Obama? Or Warren Buffet? Or Bill Gates? Or the Clintons? Or me? I am doing just fine, because I dont rely on someone else to take care of me, but have enough income of my own, not to worry about missing a paycheck. Many of my friends, who own their own businesses dont worry about missing a paycheck either. Seems that when you rely on the government to take care of you, you will be fucked every time by that government. The government isnt the answer, the government is the problem....

Did you miss the part about paycheck, or are you really that obtuse?

Most people work for a living as employees and don't own their own business. They don't rely on the government.

Like Maher said, the problem is we can't have a socioeconomic system, that is of the benefit of the few.

Which is why we will be returning to a socioeconomic system that existed between 1947-1980.

Being the successful business owner that you are, this shouldn't be an issue for you right?

I have my income coming in from Dividend paying stocks between 6 - 10% annually. I started investing back in 1987 with Home Depot and bought other stocks since then. My annual income is over $400,000 year. Everyone could be doing this, but the liberal elites dont want you to know about it, because then you would be more like them....

Yeah, I use to think that. I started investing in stocks and mutual funds in 1968 and have never stopped which has provided a great income for me and my family and has made it possible to help family members who needed help

However, many people are just not that lucky. I was because I got to go college and got a good paying job and kept one till I retired. For various reasons many people just lose faith in themselves. They believe they are losers and that's what they become. They would never invest in the stock market because they don't believe they will succeed.

I think it all starts when your very young. Some parents can instill in their kids self esteem and a believe that they can succeed. Other parents do just the opposite.

However, many people are just not that lucky.
You shouldn't play the stock market if you think it is luck. It takes work and knowledge to play the market. Back in 2007 when Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, caused the housing bubble, I went to a restaurant with my kids, because at the time, the crowd was all the way out the door and around the building. After eating there, I went and checked out the stock and found that before the crash it was $155 a share but was now down to 50. So bought in with $40,000 and waited for it to go back up. Boy did it go up...CMG (Chipotle Mexican Grill). Yeah, it was a risk, but a small one, because companies that provide good food and service, cheaply, I knew had a place. I sold at $400 a share, thus making 8 x profits. All the resources to be a good investors is right in front of everyone who is reading this.

Stock market today: News, data and summary - MSN Money

Logic helps one predict correctly
Stock market is one test

Relationships are a bigger test

But voters must pass a high logjc test to save this nation

Sorry but the economy is NOT great, unless you are one of the corporations that received a record tax cut from Trump, or one of the wealthiest 0.01% of individuals that received a record tax cut from Trump.

Why are so many only one paycheck away from living in a trailer down by the river, or being homeless?

It's America.

Actually it's irresponsibility that's been promoted by the Democrat party for decades.

Anyone who can't go a few years without a paycheck coming in if they really needed to isn't planning ahead. People who are in trouble after missing one paycheck are simply idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back