If the Confederate flag is a Democrat thing...

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Then why are all these republicans running around butt hurt about it?

All we hear is how racist the Dems USED to be or are now. But when the flag came down no one but republicans cried foul about it.

Seems strange. Why would the republicans be for a dem symbol (as they call it)?

All we hear is how racist the Dems USED to be or are now. But when the flag came down no one but republicans cried foul about it.

It is Republican Governors that are taking the flag down after it was Democrat Governors that put it up.

It is Republican Governors that are taking the flag down after it was Democrat Governors that put it up.

Yeah so why are republicans all butt hurt about it? And blaming it on "progressives"?

Yeah so why are republicans all butt hurt about it? And blaming it on "progressives"?
Dumbshits like you are too stupid to see that this is a first amendment issue. We are tired of seeing our freedoms systematically and incrementally taken away. I don't expect you to understand that since the only thing you can see is D's and R's.

Dumbshits like you are too stupid to see that this is a first amendment issue. We are tired of seeing our freedoms systematically and incrementally taken away. I don't expect you to understand that since the only thing you can see is D's and R's.

Since when has a decision by a state to fly a flag a 'First Amendment" issue?

How is your freedom impacted because the Governor of South Carolina decided to take down the Confederate Battle Flag?

why is it Dimwits just blame a stupid flag for the 9 murders...?
is that all they are going to do to 'stop' racism... just ban an historic flag...?

probably......because even their president continues to foment racism at every turn....

These are easy to answer.

No.

How is your freedom impacted because the Governor of South Carolina decided to take down the Confederate Battle Flag?
I guess you're too stupid to understand it too. Today it's a flag on government property. Next opportunity it'll be a flag on private property, then certain speech being outlawed in government offices, then private offices, etc. It's called incrementalism, not that you would understand.

why is it Dimwits just blame a stupid flag for the 9 murders...?
is that all they are going to do to 'stop' racism... just ban an historic flag...?

probably......because even their president continues to foment racism at every turn....

These are easy to answer.

No.[/QUO
so what else...?

more rioting in the streets....? more dead police officers...? more pandering by using the n-word on the national stage....?

dimwits are disgusting....using racism to further their leftist agenda...

I guess you're too stupid to understand it too. Today it's a flag on government property. Next opportunity it'll be a flag on private property, then certain speech being outlawed in government offices, then private offices, etc. It's called incrementalism, not that you would understand.

Oh I understand- you don't understand what the First Amendment is.

It was at one point. But now it's a Republican thing. Most who support it now, are white Republicans.

Huh?! Slick willie signed a law commemorating the confederate flag into the arkansas state flag. Wild bill was a republican?

No, just a lot of the people who are complaining about it coming down. I kinda said that in the OP but..

It was at one point. But now it's a Republican thing. Most who support it now, are white Republicans.
probably because it represents states rights to them...

I can see that. But the South represented a whole lotta evil. They enjoyed beating, raping, and killing African American slaves. The South did not represent Freedom & Liberty.

They're not getting any support from the usual suspects around here.

What Republicans can you name that are butt hurt?

Lee Atwater's excellent explanation of the old racism vs. the new racism:

"In 1988, Lee Atwater, the tactician of racial politics in a very different Republican Party, gave me a tour of the State House at Columbia, South Carolina. I was there as a reporter for the Washington Post. Standing in the rotunda under the dome he showed off the monumental statute of John C. Calhoun, godfather of secession, and then pointed out the window to the Confederate flag. It had been flying there since 1962, an emblem of resistance to the civil rights movement.

You start out in 1954 by saying, ‘N*****, ******, ******,’” Atwater had explained to the political scientist Alexanders Lamis back in 1981. “By 1968 you can’t say ‘******’—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes …”

Atwater wrote some words in my notebook—“establishment” and “populism”—and explained how he used a racially coded “populism” against the “establishment” of liberal government. This was “populism” as old as Ben Tillman’s Red Shirts militia that violently overthrew Reconstruction and imposed Jim Crow. (A large statue of the racist crusader Tillman, who became governor and senator, is planted in front of the State House.)

“I know how to play it,” he told me, twanging on an air guitar.
Soon, he would help win the presidency for George H.W. Bush, turning Willie Horton, a black rapist, into Democratic candidate Michael Dukakis’ “running mate,” as he put it. In 2000, George W. Bush won the decisive South Carolina primary over John McCain partly by defending the flying of the Confederate flag on the grounds of states’ rights.'

A Brief History of the Confederate Flag in South Carolina - The Atlantic

What Republicans can you name that are butt hurt?

99% of the Republicans/conservatives on this forum.

probably because it represents states rights to them...

I can see that. But the South represented a whole lotta evil. They enjoyed beating, raping, and killing African American slaves. The South did not represent Freedom & Liberty.
So you are saying there were no slaves in northern states?

Forum List

Back