If the attacks on 11 September were carried out by Brits..

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Was listening to Talk radio yesterday re: the Woman's Wall Street journal writer's account of 'Terror in the Skies'...it was brought up that airlines have been FINED for security-screening more than two ppl of middle-eastern descent. The point was brought up if the 911 hijackers were 6' tall, slightly over weight white guys I'd expect to be scrutinized more than 5' tall black women would. In fact, i'd find comfort knowing that pro-active steps were being taken to single out likely terrorists.

What bout y'all? Do people, honest, law-abiding people of middle-eastern appearance have a right to be pissed if they are screened with a finer tooth comb than, say, the average honkey?

Absolutely.

I have yet to see five white guys hijack a plane - except for in Air Force One with Harrison Ford.

Arab men should be scrutinized at airports. Elderly ladies, for example, should not.

I've had my incredibly tightly packed bag tossed at customs. I've had my carry-ons tossed a couple of times. I've even had to let and guy do a very VERY thorough search of my shoes simply because when I took one off to have it searched, the insole popped out. I didn't mind. It actually made me feel safe. People need to lighten up about security and let the airports do their job. Let's face facts: most terrorists are of Arab descent. Therefore, Arabs who fit the profile should be watched a little more closely. Maybe your average Arab should be ignored, but if a larger than usual number of Arabs are taking the same flight, or one has a one-way ticket or something, then profile the hell out of them.

gop_jeff said:
Absolutely.

I have yet to see five white guys hijack a plane - except for in Air Force One with Harrison Ford.

Arab men should be scrutinized at airports. Elderly ladies, for example, should not.

And how do you justify that when you cannot gauge a faith by skin color?

NewGuy said:
And how do you justify that when you cannot gauge a faith by skin color?

You can't. But most Arabs look different then the rest of the human species. Most jihadists are Arabs/Middle Easterners. Easy to spot. Chances are low that you will catch "Johnny white bread jihadist", but shouldn't we at least try?

JIHADTHIS said:
You can't. But most Arabs look different then the rest of the human species. Most jihadists are Arabs/Middle Easterners. Easy to spot. Chances are low that you will catch "Johnny white bread jihadist", but shouldn't we at least try?

NO.

You should allow citizens to be armed to the teeth as our Constitution allows and follow up with a trial by jury of PEERS.

Forget this police state BS.

JIHADTHIS said:

Absolutely true. Like I said, I haven't seen five white guys - of any faith - try to hijack a plane. I have seen several instances of Arabs hijacking planes.

gop_jeff said:
Absolutely true. Like I said, I haven't seen five white guys - of any faith - try to hijack a plane. I have seen several instances of Arabs hijacking planes.

You haven't seen the face of God either.

NewGuy said:
NO.

You should allow citizens to be armed to the teeth as our Constitution allows and follow up with a trial by jury of PEERS.

Forget this police state BS.

Your above scenario just may play out in the near future if the politicians don't get their heads out of their collective asses.............

gop_jeff said:
What does that have to do with it?

If you haven't seen the face of God but have faith and can prove he exists, then you ought to be able to know skin color doesn't determine faith nor risk of danger.

NewGuy said:
If you haven't seen the face of God but have faith and can prove he exists, then you ought to be able to know skin color doesn't determine faith nor risk of danger.

Of COURSE skin colour plays a part...

Part. Not all.

It can't be stated more clearly...

If a group of albinos hijacked several planes, and crashed them into buildings, as an Albino man, I'd sure as shit EXPECT to be searched...and searched a LOT.

As one conservative said, "It is isn't racial profiling. It's criminal profiling." I kinda liked that.

But I wonder. If it's true, as even the "non-racists" seem to admit, that Arabs are generally the terrorists, why isn't it also true that other racial or ethnic generalities can be made? Funny how the more direct the threat of physical danger, the less politically correct we become. A liberal white guy is all love and kisses about blacks whilst traipsing about the college campus, but slap his ass down in Harlem and all of a sudden he wises up.

On Oct.1, 2001 I flew from Baltimore to Sacramento for a week stay, both ways I was stopped, pulled out of line, in Sacramento I was taken to the private screening room and stripped to my shorts all because of appearance. I have dark hair and olive skin but if any of those morons had any sort of like linguistic training, and by that I mean if they read the flight manifest and was able to tell a German name from a Greek name from an Arab name they would've figured out that I ain't no Arab. Now granted this was right after 9/11 and shit was crazy at the airports then and i'm all for being highly suspicious of Arab men now but I think there is a fine line they must walk. It was more of an inconvenience and just pissed me off because I had connections going and coming and sure enough they pulled me out each time from the line, especially coming back, I had two days of beard growth and I must've looked like Zarqawi himself to some of these screeners lol, that was when I was strip searched.

If we didn't search everyone, the terrorsts would have numerous ways of getting around their own search:1) they could dye their skin 2) indoctorate white guys or 3) find somebody willing to give their life up if that means their family will receive millions.

Forum List

Back