If Ted Cruz Was Born in Canada, He Cannot Be President: PERIOD

If it's true that Cruz was born in Canada, then he can't be President.

• Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

• No, we can make yet another exception to US Law and it won't set a dangerous precedent.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
We can't as a nation keep violating the US Constitution, pretending that our founding fathers were "old fashioned kooks" and therefore all their ideas about preserving our Union were too. They fought between themselves and deliberated over and over how this country should be set up to last: not to relax the bedrock of its own laws time and again until everyone was laughing at the Constitution.

We have Obergefell. We have Citizen's United. We have the Judicial now writing special classes for their favorite deviant sex behaviors without permission from the Legislature. We have Justices creating a back door for non-citizens to most keenly affect our elections...citizens who haven't sworn the Oath of allegiance to our country and many of whom own controlling stock in US Corporations...who are our sworn enemies!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I like Ted Cruz. The fact that he was born in Canada makes me sick. I was planning on voting for him but I can't now. Nobody can. He isn't eligible to run for president. We MUST resist the urge to think of the wisdom of our founding fathers as "outdated". They KNEW what they were talking about in setting up the Constitution the way they did. They'd seen it all. Each new generation thinks they're the wisest and that age keeps getting lowered. Now we take orders from our 20 year olds on how marriage will be set up. We take orders from corporations on whether or not our country can be run by foreigners.

This has to stop. Sorry Ted Cruz. I really was looking forward to your candidacy.

No, his mother could be a US citizen, have a baby in Iran and raise him there in his formative years, then that baby would be eligible for US Presidency. This isn't more "Trump Stupid". I hate Donald Trump. This is US Law. We want the next conservative leadership to not be impeachable by the left. A president must be born on US soil or outposts. Ted Cruz was not. He could have been born in Iran with an American mom. Or in Russia. Or Red China. You do not want to allow such a precedent to be set to destroy the Constitution.

Ted Cruz was born as a citizen of the USA. Period.

He did not have to get a passport and immigrate here.

This has been reviewed ad nauseum. If he had been born in Canada to a mother who was not a citizen it would be different.

Even if the moonbat messiah had been born in Kenya, he would still be a citizen. I loathe the air that meat muppet queer steals from us, but the arguement is moot. His birth is only shady because he was Frank Marshal Davis' bastard son, not the son of a Kenya exchange student.

Two wrongs do not make a right. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. If Obama was born in Kenya to an American mom, he is a KENYAN. That's because he spent formative years in Kenya. Where a child is stamped determines their mind; which culture. And this is precisely why the founding fathers set up this wise law of requirement for birth on US soil or outposts...regardless of which country the mother came from. And, since you cannot discriminated women to men...if an American man sired a child with a foreign woman in a foreign land, that child could not be president. NOBODY would argue that.

This is getting out of hand. Cruz can't run and it makes me sick. I wanted to vote for him. He probably would have made an excellent president. It's better we have this discussion now instead of having it in Court when the left makes that challenge after-the-fact.

Rafael Eduardo Cruz was a Canadian citizen until he decided he could usurp the Presidency and renounced a couple years ago. He spent the majority of his life as a Canadian citizen. And his father was a close ally of Fidel Castro.

Where's the birth certificate Mr. Cruz? What are you hiding?

This has been reviewed ad nauseum. If he had been born in Canada to a mother who was not a citizen it would be different.

Even if the moonbat messiah had been born in Kenya, he would still be a citizen. I loathe the air that meat muppet queer steals from us, but the arguement is moot. His birth is only shady because he was Frank Marshal Davis' bastard son, not the son of a Kenya exchange student.

Your logic is flawed. It was always understood that to be president post Article 2 Section 1 grandfather clause, both their parents were U.S. Citizens to ensure sole allegiance to the United States. Herbert Hoover and Woodrow Wilson both had foreign born mothers BUT due to immigration derivative marriage laws at the time they became U.S. citizens by their marriages to U.S. Citizen husbands making them naturalized citizens before their births. Therefore, when Herbert and Woodrow were born, they were Constitutional Article 2 Section 1 natural born Citizens due to their two U.S. Citizen parents.

Have a look at history and see the parentage of our past U.S. presidents
All U.S. Presidents & Eligibility: Grandfather Clause, Natural Born Citizen Clause, or Seated by Fraud

Last edited:
Rafael Eduardo Cruz was a Canadian citizen until he decided he could usurp the Presidency and renounced a couple years ago. He spent the majority of his life as a Canadian citizen. And his father was a close ally of Fidel Castro.

If an American man had sired him to a Canadian woman and he was raised there...renouncing doesn't help. All would agree he is Canadian by birth and imprinting. He cannot run. And it makes me sick. He would've been great. But the left will challenge him in Court and they will win. This country can't afford to change leadership mid-stride. Or maybe the Vice President hopeful was wishing for that lawsuit? Who knows. Jesus, can't we get anything legal or straight these days? Are we that far gone into Idiocracy? This man should have been told at the outset, "if an American man sires you on foreign soil and you were born there, and worse, raised there, you cannot be president of the US. Period. No exceptions."

You can't violate the Constitution. Nobody! No exceptions! Ever! There are real compelling reasons of pure wisdom why these foundational edicts were put into place! If you don't like the Constitution, your only remedy to changing it is 2/3 majority in Congress. They thought that one through too...so that minority interests couldn't come along and radically alter basic precepts of the Sublime Document of Democracy. If Ted Cruz can be born to an American mother in Canada and raised Canadian...then by precedent of Law, Omar Abdullah born to an American man in Iran, raised in Iran can also be President of the US.

People, USE YOUR BRAINS!

Last edited:

Please oh please tell me you're all kidding.

If an American man had sired him to a Canadian woman and he was raised there...renouncing doesn't help. All would agree he is Canadian by birth and imprinting. He cannot run. And it makes me sick. He would've been great. But the left will challenge him in Court and they will win. This country can't afford to change leadership mid-stride. Or maybe the Vice President hopeful was wishing for that lawsuit? Who knows. Jesus, can't we get anything legal or straight these days? Are we that far gone into Idiocracy? This man should have been told at the outset, "if an American man sires you on foreign soil and you were born there, and worse, raised there, you cannot be president of the US. Period. No exceptions.
Humans aren't ducks. Don't worry about early imprinting.

Please oh please tell me you're all kidding.
I demand a long form birth certificate!!!! :mad:

You are exactly right.

As long as one parent is an American citizen and an adult as defined by the law of that time, then the child is an American citizen.

The only question about Obama was due to his mom being underage at the time of his birth, 19 when the law required 21 years of age if I recall correctly, but there is plenty of evidence he was born in Hawaii.

We can't as a nation keep violating the US Constitution, pretending that our founding fathers were "old fashioned kooks" and therefore all their ideas about preserving our Union were too. They fought between themselves and deliberated over and over how this country should be set up to last: not to relax the bedrock of its own laws time and again until everyone was laughing at the Constitution.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I like Ted Cruz. The fact that he was born in Canada makes me sick. I was planning on voting for him but I can't now. Nobody can. He isn't eligible to run for president. We MUST resist the urge to think of the wisdom of our founding fathers as "outdated". They KNEW what they were talking about in setting up the Constitution the way they did. They'd seen it all. Each new generation thinks they're the wisest and that age keeps getting lowered. Now we take orders from our 20 year olds on how marriage will be set up. We take orders from corporations on whether or not our country can be run by foreigners.

This has to stop. Sorry Ted Cruz. I really was looking forward to your candidacy.

I can't resist.

Why- specifically why do you think that Ted Cruz being born in Canada makes him ineligible? For all of your rant above- you neglect to specify the Constitutional reason why Ted Cruz is not eligible.

No, his mother could be a US citizen, have a baby in Iran and raise him there in his formative years, then that baby would be eligible for US Presidency. This isn't more "Trump Stupid". I hate Donald Trump. This is US Law. We want the next conservative leadership to not be impeachable by the left. A president must be born on US soil or outposts. Ted Cruz was not. He could have been born in Iran with an American mom. Or in Russia. Or Red China. You do not want to allow such a precedent to be set to destroy the Constitution.

What U.S. law- specifically?

If an American man had sired him to a Canadian woman and he was raised there...renouncing doesn't help. All would agree he is Canadian by birth and imprinting. He cannot run. And it makes me sick. He would've been great. But the left will challenge him in Court and they will win. This country can't afford to change leadership mid-stride. Or maybe the Vice President hopeful was wishing for that lawsuit? Who knows. Jesus, can't we get anything legal or straight these days? Are we that far gone into Idiocracy? This man should have been told at the outset, "if an American man sires you on foreign soil and you were born there, and worse, raised there, you cannot be president of the US. Period. No exceptions."

You can't violate the Constitution. Nobody! No exceptions! Ever! There are real compelling reasons of pure wisdom why these foundational edicts were put into place!

OK, the old turd is an idiot, Cruz left Canada at 5 years old IIRC, and his father had to flee Cuba because of Castro and his announcement he was a communist. He was not an "ally" when the chips fell.

Now I have a lot of study involved here. If I sired a kid in the Philippines, they baby would be entitled to all the benefits of a US citizen and would have dual citizenship. My daughter was born here, in the US, and can have dual citizenship because the Philippine gov't allows it.

I have no concern about Cruz having loyalty to any other country. I have no concern about his eligibility. The only one even questioning it is Alan Grayson, who is more insane that Orily Taitz.

We have Obergefell. We have Citizen's United. We have the Judicial now writing special classes for their favorite deviant sex behaviors without permission from the Legislature. We have Justices creating a back door for non-citizens to most keenly affect our elections...citizens who haven't sworn the Oath of allegiance to our country and many of whom own controlling stock in US Corporations...who are our sworn enemies!

He isn't eligible to run for president.

Wrong. Period.

A president must be born on US soil or outposts.

Can you prove it?

Two wrongs do not make a right. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. If Obama was born in Kenya to an American mom, he is a KENYAN. That's because he spent formative years in Kenya. Where a child is stamped determines their mind; which culture. And this is precisely why the founding fathers set up this wise law of requirement for birth on US soil or outposts...regardless of which country the mother came from. And, since you cannot discriminated women to men...if an American man sired a child with a foreign woman in a foreign land, that child could not be president. NOBODY would argue that.t.

Oh actually anyone who believes Ted Cruz is eligible- like I do- would argue with you on that.

No one would argue that a child born in the United States who was whisked off to Ireland and raised in Ireland is still a natural born citizen. Because birth within the United States certainly establishes Natural born citizenship- regardless of where the child is subsequently raised. The writers of the Constitution addressed this by requiring in addition to being a NBC, that a President have been a resident in the United States for 14 years.

Now- what about a person born outside the United States? The Constitution actually doesn't define Natural Born Citizen- we know that anyone born in the United States is a natural born citizen(other than those born to foreign diplomats)- and we also know that the Constitution only provides for two forms of citizenship- Natural Born- and Naturalized.

Children born to American citizen's outside the United States are born U.S. citizens. While this is far from settled law, in my opinion, this makes Cruz a natural born citizen- because he was never naturalized.

Forum List

Back