if shtf aint worldwide, why not just move ?

May 21, 2015
why risk staying in an area that's all messed up? You don't need "preps' for somethig like that. All that's required is a passport, some cash, some gold coins, a bit of camping gear, and maybe a small off road motorcycle. Having that little bit of stuff aint "prepping". Those are just common sense, useful items.. Storm, fire, flood or riot aint shtf. They are over-with in a week or so, and you only need to move a few miles to be in areas that are completely unaffected.

why risk staying in an area that's all messed up? You don't need "preps' for somethig like that. All that's required is a passport, some cash, some gold coins, a bit of camping gear, and maybe a small off road motorcycle. Having that little bit of stuff aint "prepping". Those are just common sense, useful items.. Storm, fire, flood or riot aint shtf. They are over-with in a week or so, and you only need to move a few miles to be in areas that are completely unaffected.

There are any number of reasons to stay in a disaster area. While you may want to evacuate during the hurricane or whatever, many people are not willing to lose their home or business to looters. I have family in the area, so until I know they are safe I am not leaving. And I will not abandon my home simply to make things easier for me to endure.

Pack and run if you want.

And yes, as I discussed on the thread about SHTF, a shorter term disaster is still a SHTF situation.

How are you going to get from point A to point B monkey boy?

ok, die over your home. no big deal. My post was aimed at people who are rational. Dying over mere property, which SHOUlD be insured, if you have any sense, makes no sense at all. But then neither does much of anything else most people do.

ok, die over your home. no big deal. My post was aimed at people who are rational. Dying over mere property, which SHOUlD be insured, if you have any sense, makes no sense at all. But then neither does much of anything else most people do.

First of all, if your reading comprehension were better you would have seen all of the reasons given. I also said " I have family in the area, so until I know they are safe I am not leaving". Perhaps your family doesn't matter or your friends, but mine do.

Also, if it is a storm it is one thing. But I am not losing my home to looters. Yes, the insurance will replace the building, appliance ect ect. But not the really valuable things in my home.

Looks like our latest poser has moved on, whether he wanted to or not.

Pity too. Looks like he will have more time to practice his quick draw.

If SHTF, will insurers pay off?

I doubt it.

Insured property wont mean shit if it's a true SHTF situation.
You wont be collecting a damn thing!

Forum List

Back