If only the wealthy would pay their fair share.

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Maple, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    iowahawk: Feed Your Family on $10 Billion a Day

Feed Your Family on $10 Billion a Day
    Seems like these days I hear a lot of whiney whiners whining about "out of control government spending" and "insane deficits" and such, trying to make hay out of a bunch of pointy-head boring finance hooey. Sure, $3.7 trillion of spending sounds like a big number. "Oh, boo-hoo, how are we going to get $3.7 trillion dollars? We're broke, boo-hoo-hoo," whine the whiners. What these skinflint crybabies fail to realize is that $3.7 trillion is for an entire year - which translates into only a measly $10 billion per day!

Mister, I call that a bargain. Especially since it pays for all of us - you and me, the whole American family. Like all families, we Americas have to pay for things - health, food, safety, uncle Dave America with his drinking problem. And when little Billy America wants that new quad runner they promised, do Mom and Dad America deny him? No, they get a second job at Circle K, because they know little Billy might have one of his episodes and burn down the house.

Read on at link.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568

This article was researched, and his sources are listed, what say all of you that think that the wealthy can pay off our deficit and what would be your reasoning to take more of their money.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  3. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403
    If only the ones who gorge on the government teat would pay their fair share is a better question. They pay NOTHING into the system. So stop bitching about the ones who DO pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.