If Obama wins in 2012, he will support gay marriage the day after

He's being a smart politician. Win the election, then we can move forward on equality. Makes perfect sense to me.

But why not stand on principle?

If he really thinks this is such an important human rights issue, then why not make that a campaign plank?

Not, "Let's hope the courts sneak this through the back door when no one is looking"...

Did I just say, "back door"? I guess I did. :badgrin:

He's being a smart politician. Win the election, then we can move forward on equality. Makes perfect sense to me.

By using deceit and flip flopping? I guess having principles isn't important, eh?

Where is the deceit or flip flopping? President Obama has been saying, for quite some time, that his position on marriage equality is evolving. I can accept that.

Marriage equality isn't a topic that needs to be front and center at the moment. Obama needs to win first and the right is already trying to drag out their tired old "bash the gays" rhetoric.

The Obama administration has been the most "gay friendly" administration we've ever had.

marxism is what you people are doing. Gay people should keep it out of sight and out of mind. Sad, what these assholes are doing to this nation.

This is a uniquely western liberal thing. Marxists int he soviet union persecuted gays really badly

By using deceit and flip flopping? I guess having principles isn't important, eh?

Where is the deceit or flip flopping? President Obama has been saying, for quite some time, that his position on marriage equality is evolving. I can accept that.

Marriage equality isn't a topic that needs to be front and center at the moment. Obama needs to win first and the right is already trying to drag out their tired old "bash the gays" rhetoric.

The Obama administration has been the most "gay friendly" administration we've ever had.

Oh and it's coincidental that his evolution on gay marriage will be complete just as he wins reelection?H ow coincidental! Gee it probably has nothing to do with fear of alienating black voters. Just a coincidence!

But why not stand on principle?

If he really thinks this is such an important human rights issue, then why not make that a campaign plank?

Not, "Let's hope the courts sneak this through the back door when no one is looking"...

Did I just say, "back door"? I guess I did. :badgrin:

Because he has to win first.

It's not like the administration is being silent about its support of ending DOMA or of gay rights in general.

Besides, we're still a year out from election day...a lot can happen in that time, including the President coming out and proclaiming his support for marriage equality.

You know...he might even be telling the truth, that it is his religion that is preventing him from full on support of marriage equality.

The good politics of gay marriage - The Washington Post

But he'd still be a coward. Why not support it now before he wins reelection? Because he's afraid he'd alienate some of his black supporters who are OVERWHELMINGLY against gay marriage. So he's picking votes over equality and you still love Obama no matter what?

Well, duh. It's the same reason why he's waiting until after the election to make a decision on the Alaskan pipe line. Hinting that he'll go forward with it after the election pacifies the unions; not pushing it through now pacifies the environuts, he retains both their votes. It's a win-win in Barry world, principles and the people be damned!

But he'd still be a coward. Why not support it now before he wins reelection? Because he's afraid he'd alienate some of his black supporters who are OVERWHELMINGLY against gay marriage. So he's picking votes over equality and you still love Obama no matter what?

So he would be doing what nearly every POTUS does once they become a "lame duck". What's your fucking point?

However, lame ducks are also in the peculiar position of not facing the consequences of their actions in a subsequent election, giving them greater freedom to issue unpopular decisions or appointments. Examples include last-minute midnight regulations issued by executive agencies of outgoing U.S. presidential administrations and executive orders issued by outgoing presidents.[2] Such actions date back to the Judiciary Act of 1801 ("Midnight Judges Act"), in which Federalist President John Adams and the outgoing 6th Congress amended the Judiciary Act to create more federal judge seats for Adams to appoint and the Senate to confirm before the Democratic-Republican Thomas Jefferson was inaugurated and the Democratic-Republican majority 7th Congress convened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lame_duck_(politics)

It's never been an issue that Obama was willing to fall on his sword for.

But he will not stand in the way either. With DOMA withering away and more states offering Gay Marriage, it is only a matter of time anyway

well...one... it's because of imbeciles like you.
two... no... and regardless of what black voters think of gay marriage... they aren't voting for one of your rightwingnuts.

and it's not that they "love" the president... that's the characterization of rightwingnutfreaks... it's that he's better than what the right has to offer.

get it? got it? good!

i hope that helps you... though i doubt it will.

racists and rightwingnut losers LOVE wedge issues...

Its not what you can do for gays, but what gays can do for you. :eusa_boohoo:

Votes are getting harder to buy everyday. Poor democrats..........

marxism is what you people are doing. Gay people should keep it out of sight and out of mind. Sad, what these assholes are doing to this nation.

This is a uniquely western liberal thing. Marxists int he soviet union persecuted gays really badly

So, you envy Eastern European Marxists? Who'd a thunk it - Novasteve is a Marxist. Well then, why don't go to Russia and join some skinheads in some good ol' fashioned gay-bashing? Piece. Of. Shit.

Its not what you can do for gays, but what gays can do for you. :eusa_boohoo:

Votes are getting harder to buy everyday. Poor democrats..........

What does that say about the GOP whores who are getting bought every day by corporate America? :eusa_whistle:

Telling someone that they can't marry someone else. Is it any wonder why the GOP is the party of big government that wants control over people's personal lives and decisions? If they had their way there would be hardly any personal freedom left in this nation.

Forum List

Back